In the event of losing both Foran and DCE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
As unlikely as it seemed 3 months ago this is now a very real prospect.

Foran looks like he's signed and sealed @ Parra and the absolutely insane money being offered by the Titans is now guaranteed by the NRL for DCE.

Manly now has more money to throw at DCE with Foran offer going by the wayside, which will come into play over the coming week.

I think the key to success in the NRL is not paying mad dollars to a handfull of players but having the talent to replace those that have "arrived" with players on the way up when it becomes necessary and having a strong squad across the park.

Wouldn't slash my wrists if they both went, I know we've got at least one of them covered and I follow Manly, not Foran and DCE.

Unfortunately moneyball doesn't work in the NRL. Since 1980 there have been about 5 years out of 35 where the halfback has not played for Australia. Pollar Mounter, Ox,Perry,2010 Saints and the bunnies last year.Might be one or two more but i doubt it.Wing was not really a half but played for Aus and had Fittler outside of him. Pollar Mounter and Perry had Lamb and Lockyer outside of them.

Moneyball was garbage. The only thing from that we'd be concerned with is WARP and VORP in replacing the halves. You don't want either to be too wide for their straight replacements, but when you factor in where the remaining funds could go (eg Taumalolo) then replacement halves plus better forwards all for the pay Foz and DCE get elsewhere has us in a stronger position which is basically what moneyball morphed into. Replace your overpriced stars with more balance spread of players.

Our advantage has been talent across the park. That should remain our strategy for as log as it works.

Arguments sake, is there any halves out there worth pursuing ?? That are not already signed...

Unfortunately moneyball doesn't work in the NRL. Since 1980 there have been about 5 years out of 35 where the halfback has not played for Australia. Pollar Mounter, Ox,Perry,2010 Saints and the bunnies last year.Might be one or two more but i doubt it.Wing was not really a half but played for Aus and had Fittler outside of him. Pollar Mounter and Perry had Lamb and Lockyer outside of them.
Not a true reflection on the halves I don't think Susan. Between Mortimer, Sterling, Joey, Langer, Stuart, Toovey and Alexander they share around 17 of those 35 premierships. All of those would be better than DCE who has 1 of the remaining 18. Throw in Pearce, Sherwin, Perry, Hagan, and Polla Mounter who never played for Australia as well as Hornby who only played 1 test and all is not lost. We may struggle for a year or so but remember Littlejohn and seizer have never played a test either.

Hey I agree ME.I just want this sorted and have blokes who want to pull on the jersey.Just saying halves are so important hence huge wages for players who are good but not yet great yet like DCE. Pearce and Hagan were origin players. Sherwin,Perry and Pollar Mounter are about the only ones who weren't origin standard.Ox got picked a couple of times and missed because of injury.

Either way I just want to support a united team.Will be tough times ahead but seeing new guys is exciting in itself.

In the event we lose both we should release anyone else that doesn't want to be there as well, if were going to have to rebuild it's better done without unhappy influencers round.

Hey I agree ME.I just want this sorted and have blokes who want to pull on the jersey.Just saying halves are so important hence huge wages for players who are good but not yet great yet like DCE. Pearce and Hagan were origin players. Sherwin,Perry and Pollar Mounter are about the only ones who weren't origin standard.Ox got picked a couple of times and missed because of injury.

Either way I just want to support a united team.Will be tough times ahead but seeing new guys is exciting in itself.
I just hope we don't see Foran at a press conference to sign his new contract with the Eels dressed in their kit. That would do me

I just hope we don't see Foran at a press conference to sign his new contract with the Eels dressed in their kit. That would do me
Parra won two spoons with Hayne who has WAY more impact on a game than Foz. If they think him and Choc are the missing parts that will take them to the top, good luck with that.

At this point, Arthur is nothing but hype. He took over a back to back wooden spoon team and make them marginally better. He couldn't do a thing to retain their best player and now they've signed an over the hill trouble maker and one of the better 5/8's but have lost the best fullback. They'll lose Hoppa too so how exactly are they are streets ahead of where they were a year ago?

If we now lose DCE that will do me. I always knew we would lose one but if we lose both heads should roll. If DCE stays that would be great news Bring Littljohn in and let Foran play NSW cup for the rest of the year as I don't want to see him running around for a team he doesn't want to be in.

Parra won two spoons with Hayne who has WAY more impact on a game than Foz. If they think him and Choc are the missing parts that will take them to the top, good luck with that.

At this point, Arthur is nothing but hype. He took over a back to back wooden spoon team and make them marginally better. He couldn't do a thing to retain their best player and now they've signed an over the hill trouble maker and one of the better 5/8's but have lost the best fullback. They'll lose Hoppa too so how exactly are they are streets ahead of where they were a year ago?
Corey Norman went backwards at 6 under arthur

Our options for me are Siezer, Maloney, Hodkinson, Elgey, Cornish

If we lose Foz I'd go Siezer, If DCE goes I'd go for Cornish or Elgey

Maloney and Hodkinson are viable options but I feel like both are at there upper ceiling

Another option could be to look at Gutherson at 5/8, crazy perhaps but I think it could work

2015 JLJ and JL with PH into centres,Guth on wing.
2016 JLJ (if he turns out OK) and fight for Maloney and taumolomo.

Nothing I'm unhappy about with that

The question that has 2 be asked and it is uncomfortable for all of us as he is and always will be a legend of our club is Toovey the man 2 rebuild? If we loose both can he build a new team? I'll be honest I love the guy and would love him by me in the trenches but is his man management skills a problem?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6