Indigenous all-stars team v NRL All Stars

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Preston Campbell © - Gold Coast Titans
Nathan Merritt - South Sydney Rabbitohs
Willie Tonga - North Queensalnd Cowboys
Greg Inglis - South Sydney Rabbitohs
Jharal Yow Yeh - Brisbane Broncos
Scott Prince - Gold Coast Titans
Johnathan Thurston - North Queensland Cowboys
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs - Canberra Raiders
Travis Waddell - Canberra Raiders
George Rose - Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
Sam Thaiday - Brisbane Broncos
Jamal Idris - Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Greg Bird - Gold Coast Titans
Ben Barba - Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Jamie Soward - St George-Illawarra Dragons
Carl Webb - Parramatta Eels
Cory Paterson - Newcastle Knights
Joel Thompson - Canberra Raiders
Ryan James - Gold Coast Titans
Matt Bowen - North Queensland Cowboys

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/60882/indigenous-all-stars-team-announced/default.aspx

Re: Indigenous all-stars team announced

It was a good game to be at last year. The noise was defening. Although i couldn't help but feel a little racist! I mean, every one white was going for the NRL All Stars and everyone black was going for the Indigenous All Stars.

Copa Eagle link said:
lets hope george shows us what he can do this time !

And not get injured

It was George that put that slightly late bump on Sam Burgess that crumpled him pretty quickly in this years game.  Lol.  It was a good welcome to the nrl for him.

Good work George, congrats on the call up. Hopefully he has a blinder and brings some momentum back with him.

Fonz link said:
It was a good game to be at last year. The noise was defening. Although i couldn't help but feel a little racist! I mean, every one white was going for the NRL All Stars and everyone black was going for the Indigenous All Stars.

Was at the game with a few other Manly supporters and we were cheering both teams

Ant80 link said:
[quote author=Fonz link=topic=185954.msg306147#msg306147 date=1289872456]

Was at the game with a few other Manly supporters and we were cheering both teams
[/quote]

I remember going to a test match and cheering when Slater dropped the ball, I had to explain to people that even in the green and gold Slater is still a grub.

Why don't we cut out the racist stuff and name an "AUSTRALIAN" all star team?Oh,that would be the kangaroos!Don't get any media play announcing an AUSTRALIAN team-has to have some left wing "vibe" to it.

FFS shut up ayjay you whinging sook!

waaa waa waa
this game means a lot to some people!

Settle down guy's all it is a Celebration of Rugby League (that helps a certain part of our community).
Think of it this way where else could you see the current Australian Captain, the current Kiwi Captain and a few Pom's all playing in the same team nowadays with the salary cap

All Stars shortlist of 64 announced

NRL.com Wed, 29 Dec 2010 12:06:00
With Stage One of the NRL All Stars public selection process now complete, a shortlist of 64 players has revealed the contenders for Wayne Bennett’s side to take on the ‘Learn. Earn. Legend!’ Indigenous All Stars in the 2011 Harvey Norman Rugby League All Stars match, at Skilled Park on the Gold Coast on February 12.

More than 21,000 Rugby League fans took up the challenge of playing selector and now the public has the tough task of choosing just one player from each of the 16 NRL Clubs to join Kangaroos captain Darren Lockyer and New Zealand captain Benji Marshall in the 20-man squad.

Fans must now decide between players like Todd Carney, Nate Myles, Braith Anasta and Shaun Kenny -Dowall from the Roosters, Josh Dugan, David Shillington, Bronson Harrison and Jarrod Croker from the Raiders and Feleti Mateo, Simon Mannering, Lance Hohaia and Manu Vatuvei from the Warriors.

“The second stage of NRL All Stars voting is certainly a challenging task for the fans,” NRL Chief Executive, David Gallop, said today.

“You only have to look at the players who missed out to realise just how competitive the voting process is.

“Some of Rugby League’s biggest names have missed out including players like Mark Gasnier, Mitchell Pearce and Michael Ennis.

“Now the fans have the difficult task of choosing one player from each NRL club and between players such as Nathan Hindmarsh and Jarryd Hayne to represent the Eels and Luke Lewis and Michael Jennings for the Panthers.”

The following 64 players have been shortlisted for selection in the 2011 NRL All Stars:

Brisbane Broncos
Corey Parker, Ben Hannant – Forwards
Alex Glenn, Ben Hunt - Backs

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Greg Eastwood, Frank Pritchard - Forwards
Bryson Goodwin, Ben Roberts - Backs

Canberra Raiders
David Shillington, Bronson Harrison - Forwards
Josh Dugan, Jarrod Croker - Backs

Cronulla Sharks
Paul Gallen, Jeremy Smith - Forwards
Nathan Gardner, Colin Best - Backs

Gold Coast Titans
Ashley Harrison, Mark Minichiello - Forwards
Kevin Gordon, William Zillman - Backs

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
Anthony Watmough, Brent Kite - Forwards
Jamie Lyon, Tony Williams - Backs

Melbourne Storm
Cameron Smith, Adam Blair - Forwards
Cooper Cronk, Chase Stanley - Backs

Newcastle Knights
Neville Costigan, Zeb Taia - Forwards
Akuila Uate, Kurt Gidley - Backs

North Queensland Cowboys
Dallas Johnson, Matthew Scott - Forwards
Antonio Winterstein, Ashley Graham - Backs

Parramatta Eels
Nathan Hindmarsh, Tim Mannah - Forwards
Jarryd Hayne, Luke Burt - Backs

Penrith Panthers
Luke Lewis, Petero Civoniceva - Forwards
Michael Jennings, Michael Gordon - Backs

St George Illawarra Dragons
Ben Creagh, Dean Young - Forwards
Darius Boyd, Brett Morris - Backs

South Sydney Rabbitohs
Dave Taylor, Roy Asotasi - Forwards
Fetuli Talanoa, Junior Vaivai - Backs

Sydney Roosters
Nate Myles, Braith Anasta - Forwards
Todd Carney, Shaun Kenny-Dowall - Backs

New Zealand Warriors
Feleti Mateo, Simon Mannering - Forwards
Lance Hohaia, Manu Vatuvei - Backs

Wests Tigers
Gareth Ellis, Robbie Farah - Forwards
Lote Tuqiri, Chris Lawrence - Backs

Please note: Sam Burgess and Billy Slater were both withdrawn from the voting process due to injury.

The next stage of voting will see NRL All Stars coach Wayne Bennett guide fans by placing the 64 shortlisted players into positions he wants them to be considered for as well as outlining the make-up of the bench positions he wants covered.

Bennett’s positions will be released on January 2, 2011, with Stage Two voting opening at Midday AEDT (11:00am Queensland time) on January 3 at
www.nrl.com/allstars
and continuing until 11:59pm AEDT on January 27.

At the end of Stage One, the top 10 voted players for the NRL All Stars are:

1. Nathan Hindmarsh, Parramatta Eels
2. Josh Dugan, Canberra Raiders
3. Sam Burgess*, South Sydney Rabbitohs
4. Todd Carney, Sydney Roosters
5. Jarryd Hayne, Parramatta Eels
6. Anthony Watmough, Manly Warringah Sea Eagles
7. Fetuli Talanoa, South Sydney Rabbitohs
8. Alex Glenn, Brisbane Broncos
9. Luke Lewis, Penrith Panthers
10. Michael Jennings, Penrith Panthers

* Withdrawn from voting due to injury.

Overview of NRL All Stars voting:

- The first player to be chosen in the NRL All Stars team will be the player who scores the highest number of overall votes in a position.
- Once a player from one club is placed in the team, no other player from that club can be chosen.
- If a player withdraws from the team due to injury, he will be replaced by someone from the bench.
- The open bench spot will then be replaced by someone from the injured player’s club, with the new player having recorded the second highest number of votes from that club, either as a forward, back or utility, depending on the position needed for the bench.

The NRL All Stars will play the Indigenous All Stars in the 2011 Harvey Norman Rugby League All Stars at Skilled Park on the Gold Coast on Saturday, February 12.

The Indigenous All Stars line-up was announced in November by coach Laurie Daley and features: Preston Campbell (c), Nathan Merritt, Willie Tonga, Greg Inglis, Jharal Yow Yeh, Scott Prince, Johnathan Thurston, Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, Travis Waddell, George Rose, Sam Thaiday, Jamal Idris, Greg Bird, Ben Barba, Jamie Soward, Carl Webb, Cory Paterson, Joel Thompson, Ryan James and Matt Bowen.

Less than 2000 tickets remain for the match. Tickets can be purchased through Ticketek outlets, by calling 132 849 or online at www.ticketek.com.au or click here.

New Zealand customers can call 0800 842 538 or +61 132 849.

amazing how Inglis's racist situation got "forgotten" about, or swept under the carpet!! Quite interesting to see no meetings, programs put in place  ::)
Only white people are racist

Hopefully Tony Williams gets our spot, dont want Choc, Kitey or Killer hurt in this meangingless/feel good game

Fonz link said:
[quote author=Fonz link=topic=185954.msg306147#msg306147 date=1289872456]
I went to the game with a mate and I was sitting next to a couple of brothers. Everytime gorgeous got the ball I was up cheering him on and everytime Gidley got smashed I was up cheering. They were so confused!!!

Post  automatically merged: [time]1293577494[/time]

Sorry, haven't mastered the iPhone for posting yet.

The Wheel link said:
Hopefully Tony Williams gets our spot, dont want Choc, Kitey or Killer hurt in this meangingless/feel good game

I'm actually dusting our first three games if he's playing centres as losses. Surely Will Hopoate, Michael Oldfield or Dean Whare (if fit) would be much better choices? Forwards like:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. William Hopoate / Dean Whare
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Keiran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Shane Rodney