****ing Bigots!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Honestly watching the news on the Bass Hill residents complaining about the Muslim school, the things they say. Dead set sometimes i feel like I am living in America, all teh paranoia from people thinking that any Muslim is a terrorist.

Honestly I am gobsmacked at what was said on TV.

We have Catholic Schools, we have Jewish Schools, we have Anglican Schools. We are a secular Government and country so live and let live.

Do people not realise that as you segregate them and begin to put them down and block them from what they have a right to, you start to get what you fear and you breed hatred and more.

FFS this stuff infuriates me

Re: F**king Bigots!

Matabele link said:
I haven't heard of too many Catholic, Jewish or Anglican suicide bombers.

so one in all in?

Will that help with Mugabe?

What you're up against Dan is the fact the bible and the K'oran have very different core messages.

shutup matabele.

the christian/athiest/jewish based community want muslims to integrate into the society of australia (or so they say). But when they actually goi to do that they don't want it happening next door to them. There is no easy answer as mostly it causes an Us v Them mentality. Why can't they create sections in every school that allows for there teachings to be taught while the rest of the students are doing PE, SOR, music and art?!?!

History is riddled with the slaughter of huge numbers of another tribe or religion or nation. This has undoubtedly resulted in the management of overpopulation. If Christians are serious about looking after the planet then donning a white tunic with an emblazoned cross might just be the answer. Time to smite the other cheek and do unto others as you would covet their goods. Something like that.... ;)

Some of you need to try living in certain parts of Sydney and see what goes on before getting too hysterical about this issue. It's not all black and white (no pun intended) but it is easy to have a theoretical position that is challenged when you confront it in your own suburb, school and street.

Canteen Worker link said:
Some of you need to try living in certain parts of Sydney and see what goes on before getting too hysterical about this issue. It's not all black and white (no pun intended) but it is easy to have a theoretical position that is challenged when you confront it in your own suburb, school and street.

The muslim population of Artarmon where I lived before moving up here is actually extremely high, I wouldn't have had a problem with a muslim school.

It's all just fear driven

In reality I actually agree with Dan's initial sentiment - it was quite embarrasing to watch the NIMBY bogan thing happening - because it was largely ignorant.

The reality is the school will be for Muslim moderates who are not actually true to their religion anyway and shouldn't be viewed as a threat.  Just as the vast majority of Christian schools are also populated by Christian moderates who are far from true to the core beliefs of their stated religion.  (Sorry CW but you and I know 'tis true).

Without wanting to hijack the thread - the core beliefs of Islam and Christianity, expressed in their true vision statements and largely ignored by the majority of "adherants", are at polar opposites. 

We live in a secular society. I believe that schools of all religious denominations should be outlawed. It's a personal matter for the individual in a family environment.

Sure, I don't feel as threatened by Christians as I do by Muslims because they don't seem to have the hate, but they still should have no right to segregate themselves from the general populous.

What better way is there to learn tolerence & acceptance than by being surrounded by diversity?

It's groups that bother people. Individuals are fine.

Any group that differentiates itself is to be feared & not trusted. Be it religeous, racial, political or otherwise. That goes for everyone. I have no bigotry.

There is a good case for this Duff. I have long feared the policies of successive governments in freely funding a plethora of faith based schools. However, neither party will go back on what has been done and it is electoral suicide to even consider it.

Everything can be interpreted as unbiblical, it's all in the semantics. Therein lies the fundaMENTAL problem with religious texts and the almost comical role they play in modern religion.

Chip & Chase link said:
Everything can be interpreted as unbiblical, it's all in the semantics.

Not if you take a grammatic-historical approach.  Unfortunately it's not something the literal evangelical fundamentalists or their detractors are prone to do. 

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4