Inglis chasing the $$$

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Goanna boi is already sounding out how he can get more cash by putting the wind up Dave Smith.

http://www.nrl.com/no-promises-from-inglis-over-nrl-future/tabid/10874/newsid/82578/default.aspx

I'd love to see this heartless, money driven, selfish goon leave and not come back.

COMMANDER said:
I'd love to see this heartless, money driven, selfish goon leave and not come back.

Maybe he can travel overseas and experience punching women over there too.

"People have thrown my name out there but I have never broken a contract and I don't intend to start now."

These guys would be nothing without league; Inglis is the prime example.

Falaou, Inglis, SBW, Burgess et al would all be driving trucks if it wasn't for league.

Rather than allow them to come and go as they please, the NRL and EPL should mandate a 3 year no return policy for those that want to chase bigger money in other codes.

These guys know they can turn their back (sometimes walk out on contracts) and return when their efforts fail or it's just more convenient for them to play league.

As far as losing stars to rival codes; let em go. I follow my club, not individual players.

The entire Manly top 25 could sign for rugby tomorrow and come kickoff next year I'd be on deck with Manly for Round 1.

COMMANDER said:
The entire Manly top 25 could sign for rugby tomorrow

Just to clarify for Phil, Lurker et al, this is a hypothetical and not a rumor based on "sources within the club"...

globaleagle said:
"People have thrown my name out there but I have never broken a contract and I don't intend to start now."

That's right, his word is his bond, hang on a minute, didn't he give his word to Bronks a few years ago, only to do a backflip because at the last minute he wanted them to pay his legal fees over a certain domestic dispute, it looks like he may have found a way around this problem at Souths, who knows?.

Sorry. I like him.

Brilliant to watch. Great competitor. Does much for the indigenous community.

And I think there really was adequate explanation for the incident with his now wife in Melbourne. You can't defend Snake and keep launching at Greg Inglis at the same time.

MadMarcus said:
globaleagle said:

True. Such is his integrity that when he was at the Storm he made doubly sure he was locked in by signing 2 contracts at a time.

Excellent point. Perhaps now he seeks the trifecta of contract acquisition. One in the pocket, one in the draw and the other kept at the store.

Inglis is expected to be the next NRL poster boy targeted by rival sports after Jarryd Hayne's sensational decision to try his hand at NFL.

Wtf why is Hayne even mentioned in this sentence. There is no connection..

Re. the idea of making a code switch and planning to come back to league as a marquee player, exempt from the cap, I can only see this working for a small amount of players.

I believe age is major factor so this counts out all the older blokes like Snake, Glenn, Jamie, Choc, Matai, Smith, Slater, Cronk, Parker, Thaiday, Gallen, Sutton, etc.
Thurston is probably the only older player who could pull this off and of course SBW would be rolled out the red carpet for again.

Current players I can see benefitting from returning to NRL after a code hop based on age and status are:

Hayne
DCE
Inglis
All Burgi
Thurston
SBW
Maybe Hodkinson?
James Graham
Shaun Johnson?
Ben Hunt?
Foran?
Folau - provided he go to an administration approved club (rorters, souths, dogs)

The NRL don't seem to give a toss about the game's loyal servants. The system is all wrong.

HK_Eagle said:
But the boats, Greggy, think of the boats...

Tony's stopping them.:p

A hypothetical for you all.

If Inglis played for us and not the vermin and we had won the comp and not the vermin, do you think the current headlines would not be about how Inglis would be leaving the club to pursue millions in another code?

Note to Smith and Greenturd. Why waste money on guys who are not loyal to the game and assist clubs in keeping long term players and keeping the values of the game like loyalty that it once used to stand for.

Just saying!

Peter C said:
globaleagle said:

That's right, his word is his bond, hang on a minute, didn't he give his word to Bronks a few years ago, only to do a backflip because at the last minute he wanted them to pay his legal fees over a certain domestic dispute, it looks like he may have found a way around this problem at Souths, who knows?.

Nothing to do with that. It was because planes don't fly in the rain according to GI. Ironstine.

Budgewoi Eagle said:
And I think there really was adequate explanation for the incident with his now wife in Melbourne. You can't defend Snake and keep launching at Greg Inglis at the same time.

There may have been an adequate explanation but there is no way you can compare these two scenarios. Brett had the bad luck to cross paths with a low life who tried to blackmail him. The case was laughed out of court in 5 secs (how it even got to court is a joke). GI on the other hand accepted a plea and got a good behaviour bond for doing "something" to his partner. I get disappointed when people bring up Snake in these scenarios, and I bet he is as well that some mud has still stuck even iwithin his own fan base it seems.

Snakes situation boiled down to attempted fraud. GI's well that just... disappeared.

As far as the mud, check the comments on zero tackle any time there is a story about him. LOT of mud stuck.

Budgewoi Eagle said:
Sorry. I like him.

Teaching them they can bash women and still get millions? Grub of the highest order

cherry_poppins said:
Budgewoi Eagle said:
Sorry. I like him.

Teaching them they can bash women and still get millions? Grub of the highest order

Snap!

Robert Lui, bird Inglis, I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4