Inglis to Broncos and White to Raiders!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Normie

Bencher
Just read confirmation on ninemsn that Inglis and White will not be at the $torm next year with Inglis confirmed to the Broncos and White to the Raiders.

Melbourne confirmed on Tuesday that it would release Inglis and Brett White from the rest of their contracts after this season, as it submitted its playing roster for 2011.

Storm chief executive Ron Gauci said the club now expected to be salary cap-compliant in 2011 after releasing Inglis and fellow representative star White (Canberra).

"We have undergone a thorough and transparent process that was always designed to ensure that we meet our salary cap obligations for 2011," Gauci said.

"This process has considered all matters, including our commercial position, the players' needs and preferences, as well as our on-field team balance.

"As a result of that thorough and transparent process we anticipate that we will receive NRL sign-off once the club's final salary cap audit is completed."

Gauci said there would be no further premature player departure announcements this season, indicating they would retain Smith, Slater and Cronk.

Storm coach Craig Bellamy paid tribute to the departing players.

"The legacy that all of our players who are leaving this club have made on the Melbourne Storm won't be lost on those still remaining any time soon," said Bellamy.

"We're sad to see them go and they're sad to be going."

Do we assume then that Brisbane will be wooden spooners next year with an asterisk next to there name?  :-\

Geez that makes the Raiders strong up front, Schillington, Leayrod Lars (is that spelt right???)and now White

Inglis goes from one News Ltd owned disgrace to another.

The advantage that the big one city teams have is the sponsors kicking in above the salary cap in the marquee payments.  How Brisbane keeps their 2011 team under the cap I don't know.

The Raiders will need to shed a player or 2 for next year as weren't they penalised for being over the cap this year? Or was that last year?

CLIT COMMANDER link said:
Inglis goes from one News Ltd owned disgrace to another.

The advantage that the big one city teams have is the sponsors kicking in above the salary cap in the marquee payments.  How Brisbane keeps their 2011 team under the cap I don't know.

You'd have to wonder,CC

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Geez that makes the Raiders strong up front, Schillington, Leayrod Lars (is that spelt right???)and now White

Mark, that's a joke right? White makes my over-rated list every day of the week. I think I have seen one good game from him in two years.

Brett White has all the menace of a pantomime villain, his "fierce face" is most unconvincing.

He is a jindabyne kid isnt he....he was tough down there apparently from what I hear

There goes our chance to sign Sika Manu as the storm won't need to release him now.

tookey link said:
There goes our chance to sign Sika Manu as the storm won't need to release him now.

I wouldn't think they were under just yet. A few more to go I would think.

FMD I'd be annoyed if I were a Raiders fan right now.

Why would they want that useless overpayed hack with the props they have now? Guess it's just another Furner special.

Wolfpack link said:
FMD I'd be annoyed if I were a Raiders fan right now.

Why would they want that useless overpayed hack with the props they have now? Guess it's just another Furner special.

They just want to sign someone, anybody .

If you saw Canberra in the 2nd half against The Panthers, you could see their potential. It was potentially the best 1/2 of footy I have seen from ANY team this year. Forwards dominated. Backs had speed to burn. Very up-tempo.

No other signings necessary imo.

Their speed (in every department), made our look embarrassingly slow.

Ryan link said:
If you saw Canberra in the 2nd half against The Panthers, you could see their potential. It was potentially the best 1/2 of footy I have seen from ANY team this year. Forwards dominated. Backs had speed to burn. Very up-tempo.

No other signings necessary imo.

Their speed (in every department), made our look embarrassingly slow.

A hooker. Don't get me wrong Travis Waddell is a great player but needs someone like Luke Priddis to learn the craft from

the thing i find funny is had we signed inglis the whole league  in australia would have been in up roar  `how could manly afford him`  they must be cheating the cap, but broncos sign him & no one batts an eye lid... fukn news limited still finding ways to rort  the nrl..

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8