Injured Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Turbo

Bencher
Here's our current injuries

Lyon-4 weeks hamstring
Cherry-Evans-4 to 6 weeks high ankle sprain
Matai-Week to week prospect the club considering surgery which means season over
Brown-Hamstring probably be fine but he didn't look good
Buhrer-Head knock but played on after test
Lawrence-Season torn pec
Issac John-pec 4 weeks round 16
Tafua-Shouder infection won't play for a couple of weeks
Fonua-Blake-Unknown hasn't played the last 2 weeks and I doubt he will play new cup I saw him in the channel nine coverage with the team
Hodges-ACL season
Hynes-Pretty sure he has something wrong with his knee he hasn't played in about 4 weeks and wasn't named this week
Wright-Tom wright copped a head knock hasn't played in 2 weeks wasn't named this week
Moltzen-Knee season
Mateo-Next week should be right has a neck injury hasn't played in a while
John Walker-Hasn't played the last 3 weeks

Aswell we have Tom Trbojevic who is still tender as is Stewart and also suffering from a torn heartlage. Anyone who thinks injuries ain't a reason for us being almost last should go laugh at them selves. We have the most injuries in the comp and on average 5 injuries a week from all grades. Newcastle have 13 we have 16! That's bad and we have them all to our key players. This is the reason we are struggling we haven't had a full strength team or spine all year and have had a different spine every week. There's your reason for our losses put that together with a sad team, out of form players, new Combos that have never had a chance. Plus Taupau is always suspended. No team in the comp has the depth to cover so many injuries that we have had. Barretts trying but I just don't think he is for manly.

A lot of injuries, but you are leaning on the side of negative with some of these to make your point. I don't think all with spend the amount of time you think out.
Personally I think the main problem is lack of combinations hampering attack, and a few individuals not putting in for the defense. For this reason I think a lot rests with the coach here.
I think Barrett is a lot like Ricky Stuart - great at being part of the "team", but lacking in strategy and guts to call out those not doing their job. He even looked very Stuart like on Friday being on the sideline near the end and kicking chairs and bottles around.
It's not good enough, and not worthy of the Manly brand.
They all better find a way to snap out of it soon, good coach or not.
Barrett can assemble a highly competent team with plenty of first grade experience for the game against an also injury riddled mid-table-at-best Penrith side at home. If he can't manage to put a strategy to win that game together, it's obvious where the weaknesses lie.
NYEagle

First to jump in & call a horrific injury toll & back the logical facts you present here Turbo....thing is Manly lack attitude, belief, desire are evident & though I liked the fightback from what was looking like a 60 point loss, it was really a case of Canberra fading in that 2nd half combined with Manly finally playing some patches of instinctive footy.
Injuries no doubt are hurting, but make no mistake....the problems cut far deeper than that.

Hey @Turbo i agree with you mate.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion. But I'll wait a bit to see how Baz ends up. And the decisions he makes going into the future.

No one can deny we have struggled with injurys. Esp In the spine all year. From DCE to Api to snake to Parcell to now Killer. We can't take a break.

But think it's time no to bring some young talent through.

Horhay should be OK for Panthers, which will be handy. Tommy to centre, hopefully Skivvi is back (if not Wright to play again). That frees up The Phantom back to 6 and Api at 7. Just need Snake to fire up and we might be able to hold our own with that backline as the Panthers are a little low on troops too.

Daly Cherry-Evans (ankle), 4 weeks.

Jamie Lyon (hamstring), 2 weeks

Brenton Lawrence (pec). Club is awaiting results of the scans.

Feleti Mateo (calf), 1 week.

Steve Matai (neck), indefinite. :(

Isaac John (pec), round 16

Jayden Hodges (knee), season

Daly Cherry-Evans (ankle), 4 weeks.

Jamie Lyon (hamstring), 2 weeks

Brenton Lawrence (pec). Club is awaiting results of the scans.

Feleti Mateo (calf), 1 week.

Steve Matai (neck), indefinite. :(

Isaac John (pec), round 16

Jayden Hodges (knee), season

Yep saw that on Twitter.

What that really means is,

Cherry Evans Ankle, but we'll bring him back too early , 3 weeks.

Jamie Lyon Hamstring, oh bugger it's taking longer than we thought maybe 4 weeks

Steve Matai shoulder, look he's buggered but we don't want to say that.

Feleti Mateo, we don't like him any more so rather than say so
he's just " injured".

Note my comments are " tongue in cheek" but I really start to wonder what our conditioning / rehab system is like, I mean why can the Girls & the Donks go through almost a complete season with no injuries and we get major ones every bloody game.

Sorry but something isn't making sense!

AND, I should have added we are now two years into this injury scenario , so you can't just blame the new coaching department , 2V and Donny copped this last year as well.

I understand that our 3 senior players are just that, but it's our atrocious run with everyone else that has me wondering!

AND, I should have added we are now two years into this injury scenario , so you can't just blame the new coaching department , 2V and Donny copped this last year as well.

I understand that our 3 senior players are just that, but it's our atrocious run with everyone else that has me wondering!
I actually think that players over train nowdays. Instead of simple footy skills or teaching them to read a game, most Teams have a fixation on strongest and fastest :cool:
Bloody Taupau is on the sidelines because he can flip a grown man. He would be better served shutting down the offload:mad:
Walker can run like a rabbit, but has no idea of setting up or offering support. So Turbo is left alone after a brea. I'd love someone to smash him in the head when he does his next emu dance on the spot :banghead:
giphy.gif

Yep saw that on Twitter.

What that really means is,

Cherry Evans Ankle, but we'll bring him back too early , 3 weeks.

Jamie Lyon Hamstring, oh bugger it's taking longer than we thought maybe 4 weeks

Steve Matai shoulder, look he's buggered but we don't want to say that.

Feleti Mateo, we don't like him any more so rather than say so
he's just " injured".

Note my comments are " tongue in cheek" but I really start to wonder what our conditioning / rehab system is like, I mean why can the Girls & the Donks go through almost a complete season with no injuries and we get major ones every bloody game.

Sorry but something isn't making sense!
Hey Mark did you see Donny S post on Sunday?

To cut a long story short he put the injuries down to bad luck (contact etc) not anything that could be avoided

For the past 10 years the game has been moving towards the point where the human body can no longer function.

When watching the Manly/Canberra GF replay on the weekend I was taken by the fact that the most defenders I saw in a tackle was 2. No incredible impact from 4 Goliaths twisting and pushing in all different directions.

I think the lack of injuries today is more a result of good fortune than any specific good management. All the club medicos and physios know and communicate with each other, and all adhere to best practice policies.

It could be the xxxx but I think the girls and Broncos will get their share.

Hey Mark did you see Donny S post on Sunday?

To cut a long story short he put the injuries down to bad luck (contact etc) not anything that could be avoided

Yep I did see this BUT I'm not convinced that teams can go for two years and hardly have an injury, and other teams have them all the time.

I don't think, regardless of what he said, that it's all about luck.

If it is some bastard has a problem with ladders and black cats.

Yep I did see this BUT I'm not convinced that teams can go for two years and hardly have an injury, and other teams have them all the time.

I don't think, regardless of what he said, that it's all about luck.

If it is some bastard has a problem with ladders and black cats.

For sure... It happened for ups in 08 and 11

So if Jamie misses just two weeks of footy and we don't make the finals he misses out on getting to 300 games. Another reason for the boys to start ripping in I hope.

I actually think that players over train nowdays. Instead of simple footy skills or teaching them to read a game, most Teams have a fixation on stronge
oRKPNXg.jpg
st and fastest :cool:
Bloody Taupau is on the sidelines because he can flip a grown man. He would be better served shutting down the offload:mad:
Walker can run like a rabbit, but has no idea of setting up or offering support. So Turbo is left alone after a brea. I'd love someone to smash him in the head when he does his next emu dance on the spot :banghead:
giphy.gif

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6