Injured players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
Premium Member
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Interesting chart of injuries over career. Snake has been available for 66% of all possible matches and Skivvi 76.8%. Will happily have both!
http://www.leaguefreak.com/jamie-bradnam-the-nrls-most-injury-prone-players-7657/

Whats interesting is that 9/20 were from Canberra and Tigers :cool:

Must be the hard surface in ACT and lack of expertise in Tiger Town.

Interesting to note that its mainly the backs :huh:
Forwards are hunting them down :p

I believe a major part of a winner team is minimising injuries (ok obvious). Comparing Sharks to us last week. They had used 31 players and we had used 23 for the year to date. You means that you keep your best players on the park for more games and team work is much higher standard.

The major benefit we have is Donny Singe. I realise there is a whole team of support staff but put him in another team, especially injury prone team and I bet there would be a marked improvement.

I agree totally with the view of Donny Singe.

I know we've had our share of injuries.

I believe it would be worse, and our success would be diminished, if Donny wasn't around.

I think he's been a significant, not so secret weapon for us since coming to Manly.

Hasn't Skivvi missed the odd game due to suspension ?? I actually saw Edrick Lee on Monday in Canberra, fair dinkum he is massive & didn't look injured!

As a team conditioner, Donny doesn't just talk the talk; he will walk the walk and earn the players respect. Most teams would struggle to find this influence and have their group follow where the support staff need them to go, to prepare for a long season.

Reading Donny's feedback, you get the sense he sees himself as a motivator amongst the group, and not elevated above them. His use of the term 'men' when speaking of the group, speaks volumes of the high regard in which he holds the squad he works with.

I get the sense he learnt a lot of this during his time in the services, where you will sink or swim depending on how you hold yourself amongst the group, particularly in a leadership role.

Hamster Huey said:
As a team conditioner, Donny doesn't just talk the talk; he will walk the walk and earn the players respect. Most teams would struggle to find this influence and have their group follow where the support staff need them to go, to prepare for a long season.

Reading Donny's feedback, you get the sense he sees himself as a motivator amongst the group, and not elevated above them. His use of the term 'men' when speaking of the group, speaks volumes of the high regard in which he holds the squad he works with.

I get the sense he learnt a lot of this during his time in the services, where you will sink or swim depending on how you hold yourself amongst the group, particularly in a leadership role.

So glad you said that. I really like the term 'men' as well. Gives a real sense of personal responsibility, whereas 'boys' is the complete opposite.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4