Injuries

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
Hurting us out there a fair bit as well as losing both centers for decent periods tonight.

Tafua
Lyon
Gutherson
Foran
Lawrence
Starling
Leary

A fairly decent dent in the team at such an early time, if we can get troops back on the park we will be right back up there.

Injuries in the backs are killing us but injuries in the forwards have been a blessing. Sao and Turbo got their chance and have now made names for themselves. Starling is going to have to fight off one of these two to take a bench spot now.
They are certainly making the most of their opportunities. Toovey seems to really rate Starling, so I think he will make his way back, and Leary will lose his spot. So Starling, Sao, Jake and JSL on the bench possibly.

They are certainly making the most of their opportunities. Toovey seems to really rate Starling, so I think he will make his way back, and Leary will lose his spot. So Starling, Sao, Jake and JSL on the bench possibly.

I rate Starling as well but I can concede that he is behind Sao and Turbo. At full strength my forward pack would look like this.

8. Burgess
9. Ballin
10. Mason
11. Mateo
12. Buhrer
13. Lui

14. Lawrence
15. Sao
16. Turbo
17. Symonds

not knocking Sao, but for me he isn't replacing Starling yet. Starling is the no frills, no nonsense prop every club needs. And you see his work ethic with the way he chased down some fast backs in 2014. Starling might be once paced, but has a big motor.

I'm very proud of the teams effort, such a huge injury toll, if it were the rabbits the media would be lauding their efforts as miraculous. Take out two of their props, keary, Goodwin, Johnston and then have both their centres miss minutes and they'd be struggling, just like any team would.
Once we overcome these injuries Taufua will get his spot outside Matai, Foz will get his 5/8 spot so the backs are sorted. The Forwards will be very interesting

8. Mason
9. Ballin
10. Lawrence
11. Mateo
12. Buhrer
13. Lui
INT
14. Burgess
15. Starling
16. Sao
17. Trbojevic/JSL/Symonds/Leary

That's such a different forward pack. Do we go with 4 props or keep a back rower on the bench?
Sao is definitely earning his spot. Trbojevic and Burgess don't deserve to be dropped, neither does Symonds.
Anyway, our pack is taking shape and it's looking better than most feared.

If we were parra, our injuries and the result would have the media describe it as "Valiant"

Lawrence is too small to be a starting prop. He's been stopping as he gets to the line and getting manhandled. Off the bench for mine.

With the emergence of these young forwards I'd play mateo at 5/8 and put foran in nsw cup.

Dead serious. Imagine the uproar in the press if we did that. But you know what: foran has been crap since July last year and he was rubbish against the eels in round 1 and he openly lied to the club for months about signing with parra.

Mateo has been on fire at 5/8. Foran can play will willo in nsw cup for mine

We at least have the option now of having Bj & Starling coming back through NSW cup to get their fitness up. I said option as tooves will not do it.

Starling will go straight back into the side, the question will be who drops off

How good has Luke Burgess been so far this season?!
Excellent, he is really responding to being given the starting spot and being seen apart from his brothers.

The team really held their own against a near full strength dogs team. We have been pretty lucky over the last few years with injuries and its good to see some fringe players get their chance.

Lawrence is too small to be a starting prop. He's been stopping as he gets to the line and getting manhandled. Off the bench for mine.
Yeah I tend to agree that he shouldn't be starting, and I think he will struggle to make the 17 with how the two young ones are going. I think Starling will come back in, but Lawrence might miss out. Back injuries tend to be chronic and could pose a consistent problem for him as well.

Yes I can't imagine playing front row in the NRL with a back injury would be very much fun. Better give Lawrence time to get completely right - if he can - because when fit he is definitely up to it.

Manly are holding their own with a half a team at the moment. At full strength we will be a force and the back end of the season is an easier draw for us.
How does the Nrl explain playing the mutts, purple scum and the panthers twice in the first 10 weeks? Dodgy as a used car salesman.
I honestly expect us to struggle for the first 10. We'll jag a few gritty wins. Losing Cherry for origin will be tough but we'll have Foz by then and a couple of Byes. Could Foz play half with Mateo 5/8?
I have a feeling Manly will hit their peak at the right time this season and surprise many. They are playing tough.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6