Injuries

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stevo

First Grader
No one seems to be talking about it.

Why are we so injured?

Stewart
Taufua
Gutherson
Trebojevic
Foran
Lawrence
Starling
Mateo
Learey
Sene-Lefao

Lyon Matai and DCE are all playing busted.

Was Foran right? Is our football department just not up to it? Are we being left behind?

*on a side note. People are talking about our lack of depth but 3/4 of our reserve grade side is playing first grade and are competitive, although not winning. Other clubs would be getting 40 put on them every week. Not to mention that our Holden cup and SG Ball sides are going very well.

Wow we have some injury probs in saying that even in a perfect world with no internel dramas that side fully fit might not win the title but I guarantee they would lap a few sides.

Very good post.
My theory is that all the players who trekked to Mt Kosiosko in bleak weather pre season are suffering from delayed hyperthermia.

I wonder how many of these injuries can be put down to " the wrestle ".

I watched 2 of the 3 games last night ( I usually don't but with my son in law whose on Chemo so he's laid up a bit at present ) and was commenting to him how many of the tackles used the wrestle technique.

Id suggest nearly 90%, with 2/3 players all over the ball runner, twisting and turning , all with the aim to slow down the play the ball.

I don't know what , or even if, the NRL can do anything but this injury toll, across all clubs, is only going one way.....much worse.

To me it robs teams, and as such the game, of some of the best players .

For example looks like JWH is out for 6 months , how that affects the Rorters who knows.

We had injuries in the " good old days" but nothing like we get today, doing an ACL in the 70's was probably some version of a dance in a disco , and yet there's hardly a week goes by without one in the modern era.

Im surprised the RLPA aren't more vocal .

I think if our A team played against the team we trotted out against the dogs the A team win by 50

I think if our A team played against the team we trotted out against the dogs the A team win by 50

So if ever we get our A Team back we " might" win a game??

I'm punting on round 23/24 to be our 2nd & 3rd wins for the year, by then surely we might have some troops back.

Please, if there's a God , don't give us the spoon!

I'm punting on round 23/24 to be our 2nd & 3rd wins for the year, by then surely we might have some troops back.

No Spoon ...... Never. We aint going to get it.

We've had a horror injury run and after 8 rounds we'll have had 2 games at brookie.
Combine a healthier team with a return to games at brookie and we'll find our form. I'm hoping by the time we play our round 9 game against the knights at brookie Starling, brett, Foran, Mateo and maybe Lyon (pending how bad his ankle injury was) will all be ready to play. Taufua can't be too many more weeks away either, surely.
But I can also hope we pull off a miracle and do Melbourne in on Anzac day!

Well at the very least you lot have an excuse to be **** at the moment, that's a fair ol injury toll, our 2008 full time squad would like to pop in and say Gday

The injuries could be a saving grace for many reasons. For one, you would think we may be able to resign Gutho for slight unders coming off an ACL and the time in rehab may help him put some weight on. The second would be that the club may allow Toovey the time to rebuild due to the mass injuries ruining our season. I think the backlash from fans and the media would be intense if they sacked him considering the rash of injuries. Third, the injuries have allowed us to blood guys like the Trbojevic brothers who are superstars of the future.

If we had our entire Squad fit we're top 6.

But at 1-6 the best we can even hope for now is 8th

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4