Injury to Stev Matai

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

delz

Reserve Grader
I am surprised that there has been nothing said about Steve Matai's injury. Does anyone know what the injury was and its extent. I know he has been named in the side for Saturday but after the game against the Dogs he didn't look to good ! Surprised if he plays

He came off, came back on and then was involved in another tackle and went off again from memory.

Didn't he hyperextend his elbow? Bad enough to not come back on but maybe not bad enough to keep him out this week.

Big Willie jumped on Blake in "the circle" and stuffed his back I think.

Mind games! Matai won't play surely!! That injury looked pretty bad and to come out after half time like he wasn't hurt only to crumple in agony on one of his first tackles..... The Docs magic half time spray did it's job to take his mind off the agony and tough it out through the pain!!
Also, by not naming a rookie it takes the media focus off of him and allows him to prepare for the game without the distracting circus of the media!!
For me Matai's injury looked too bad to back back up this week so my guess is Matai out and Williame in!! And why not, I don't think Williame did too bad for a debut to be honest!!

Skivvy's a maniac! I saw him leave the field, and I said to my mate "he'll be back". Then it looked like it was really bad and I just as I started to doubt him, I see the corn rows flapping in the breeze as this warrior charged onto the field to take up a place in the defensive line; what a legend!

Mind games! Matai won't play surely!! That injury looked pretty bad and to come out after half time like he wasn't hurt only to crumple in agony on one of his first tackles..... The Docs magic half time spray did it's job to take his mind off the agony and tough it out through the pain!!
Also, by not naming a rookie it takes the media focus off of him and allows him to prepare for the game without the distracting circus of the media!!
For me Matai's injury looked too bad to back back up this week so my guess is Matai out and Williame in!! And why not, I don't think Williame did too bad for a debut to be honest!!

Surely Williams is better than Williame?. If there's an s on the end doesn't it mean more than one?
Ergo Williams > Williame.

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2015/03/26/injury_update_matai_.html

Steve Matai
will be given until Friday to prove his fitness with a shoulder injury. Back up centreTony Satini remains on the sidelines for another 3/4 weeks, also with a shoulder injury.

Kieran Foran has recovered from his Grade One hamstring tear and has been named to take on the Dragons at WIN Stadium on Saturday.

Front rower Josh Starling is nearing a return from a medial injury and is back training with the full NRL squad.

Clinton Gutherson is one week post-surgery and spending plenty of time of the bike at present. The local product is following the same ACL rehab program that recent returnee Jamie Buhrer undertook to get back on the field.

Jorge Taufua's road to recovery is continuing, with the winger set to commence running again next week.

Brenton Lawrence is still no closer to a return, with his back still keeping the 2014 Best and Fairest on the sidelines. Not return date is set for the front-rower.

Lastly, Blake Leary's back complaint will keep him out for another week, with the utility forward remaining a week-by-week prospect at this stage.
-----------------------------------
Mase really damaged poor Bleary :(

Surely Williams is better than Williame?. If there's an s on the end doesn't it mean more than one?
Ergo Williams > Williame.

I'd like to think Williams but it seems he may have fallen out of favour! I mean if Williams was to get the call up, don't you think it would've happened last week?? That's why I think Williame......

Sounds as if we'll be without BJ for quite a while :(

Though it probably gives Jake T and the Biscuit more time in first grade and if they continue as they have so far it might make it hard for BJ when he does come back. Might have to face a stint in NSW Cup depending on injuries or form.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2