Injury Update (from the club)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
Brett Stewart: Suffered a tight hamstring injury in Ipswich trial. Expected back Round 1.

Tom Trbojevic: Suffered an ankle sprain injury in Ipswich trial. Expected back Round 1.

Api Koroisau: Underwent off season shoulder surgery. Expected back Round 1.

Lewis Brown: Underwent off season minor knee surgery. Expected back Round 1.

Matt Parcell: Suffered a hamstring injury in the Auckland Nines tournament. Expected back Round 1.

Feleti Mateo: Missed last weekend’s trial with a virus. Expected back Round 1.

Isaac John: Missed last weekend’s trial with a virus. Expected back Round 1.

Jamie Buhrer: Suffered a broken jaw in the Auckland Nines. Out for a further four to six weeks.

Jayden Hodges: Suffered an ACL knee injury in the Auckland Nines. Out for the season.

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2016/02/22/elastoplast_injury_n.html

Apart from the last two, I would say that is pretty good news.Bring on round one already...

I'm completely intrigues guys on how Barrett will run with his number 9's. I mean, Parcell to start, with Brown coming off the bench IF needed in that role, but if Parcell is having a blinder, Brown goes into the backrow is my choice.

But where does that leave Api?

And I hope JB makes a speedy recovery. They have had out 4-6 weeks 2.5 weeks straight - does that means he's getting re-diagnosed, and there are delays, or does that mean round 2-3 backdated?

Good to see some communication on the injury front. I can see why they would want to be a bit cagey sometimes on publicly declaring injury status, but it's nice to see the club making the effort. Let's hope it continues through the season

Only concern is Snake it seems. Hope they manage him properly, need him on the field as much as possible.

Good to see some communication on the injury front. I can see why they would want to be a bit cagey sometimes on publicly declaring injury status, but it's nice to see the club making the effort. Let's hope it continues through the season

They can try and be cagey but the returns or out injured that are not official from the club are known long before kick off by the fans, longer by those who make their money that way (lurker et al) so no doubt the opposition know as much if not more than the reporters so it has very little impact if any.

I'm completely intrigues guys on how Barrett will run with his number 9's. I mean, Parcell to start, with Brown coming off the bench IF needed in that role, but if Parcell is having a blinder, Brown goes into the backrow is my choice.

But where does that leave Api?

And I hope JB makes a speedy recovery. They have had out 4-6 weeks 2.5 weeks straight - does that means he's getting re-diagnosed, and there are delays, or does that mean round 2-3 backdated?
Either way Api or parcell off the bench for impact we cant go wrong. As far as buhrer is concerned backdated should be right for round 3.

I heard round 3. He's back training so here's hoping!

Basic immediate treatment for sprains:
... ice to the injured area as soon as you can to reduce swelling. On the first day, you should apply ice every 20 to 30 minutes, three to four times per day. Afterward, it should be applied every three to four hours for the next two days.
http://www.healthline.com/health/ankle-sprain#Treatment5

If as reported Tom didn't ice the sprain, then the medical team have dropped the ball on this one.

Basic immediate treatment for sprains:
... ice to the injured area as soon as you can to reduce swelling. On the first day, you should apply ice every 20 to 30 minutes, three to four times per day. Afterward, it should be applied every three to four hours for the next two days.
http://www.healthline.com/health/ankle-sprain#Treatment5

If as reported Tom didn't ice the sprain, then the medical team have dropped the ball on this one.

Or it's minor, which is more likely

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4