injury update

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

slickster71

Reserve Grader
with brett stewart set to return on sunday.

Yesterday dessi trialed robertson back on the wing and farrer at fullback as stewy will take his position back.

With our golden boy returning we have copped some injuries against melbourne.

Rodney: broken Thumb
Jamie Lyon: AC joint.

Both was confirmed by Des Hasler in an interview at ABC

yes it is very worrying
but in saying that i did see him finish the game off.

My heart stopped when i heard dessi mentioned that.

I'd give Lyon the week off against the Sharks if Bullet is back.  Just shift Farrar into the centres to cover him.  Then see if he's needed against the titans or not.

Agreed. A backline of:

Stewart
Robbo
Matai
Farrar
Williams
Foran
Orford

is still very attractive.

Remember what Lyon did last year after his break. He has had to play all 3 origins this season as well so a stint on the sidelines will do him good.

It is time for the NRL to outlaw the shoulder charge like union have done.  

But then again it would be useless Gallop actually doing something positive for the game.

kingyfan link said:

But then again it would be useless Gallop actually doing something positive for the game.

If you did that you would have to make all the players wear skirts

Dan link said:
[quote author=kingyfan link=topic=181447.msg238023#msg238023 date=1251071172]

If you did that you would have to make all the players wear skirts
[/quote]

I would love to see Kingy in a skirt. 

kingyfan link said:

Your gotta be kidding me right KingyFan, Ban the shoulder charge???? WTF.

We are playing league not union well at least I thought so.

I reckon we should bring in some WWE rules like the pile driver and the coat hanger...

Now I'm only kidding but there is no problem with the shoulder charge, its got its place in the game.

Was talking to Jamie last night at the airport, his arm was in a sling...I said "is it bad" he said, not too bad, remember I played the second half....he will go for a scan today, he said maybe a week off (he hoped anyway). he also said if it needed work that he hoped to play on and have that done at seasons end.

So that from the horses mouth!!

kingyfan link said:

Worst idea ever.

The banning of shoulder charges gives us another thing to laugh at the union about. Why would you want that taken away?

OneEyedEagle link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=181447.msg238038#msg238038 date=1251077183]
Don't forget Kingy Fan is midly gay

So did kingyfan go to Melbourne and who shared the room with him and then dropped the soap  :-*
[/quote]

Were you that drunk OEE that you forgot that you shared a room with me in Melbourne?  Just remember to sit on the rubber ring at work today and you will be fine by tomorrow. 

Union is a mess. I watched a lot of the Bledisloe and the rules are as confusing as ever, kick, kick, kick, run, list the number of phases on the bottom of the screen because otherwise you wouldn't know that anything interesting is going on, kick, kick, kick, oooomph in the scrum, collapse, repeat 3 more times, kick, kick, kick. Somewhere there was a score ticking along but I had lost interest.

I watched a bit of it too.  Phil Kearns, commentating on one penalty couldn't see what it was for.  What chance the general footie public figuring it out if he can't.  Crap game for crap people.   

They were giving away a stack of tickets to the game, plenty floating around my company. 

Says a lot about the game if the only All Black test isnt a sell considering as I guess there would have about 35% of bthe crowd were kiwis

kingyfan link said:
[quote author=OneEyedEagle link=topic=181447.msg238040#msg238040 date=1251077617]
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=181447.msg238038#msg238038 date=1251077183]
Don't forget Kingy Fan is midly gay

So did kingyfan go to Melbourne and who shared the room with him and then dropped the soap  :-*
[/quote]

Were you that drunk OEE that you forgot that you shared a room with me in Melbourne?  Just remember to sit on the rubber ring at work today and you will be fine by tomorrow.  
[/quote]

Sorry Kingy (tongue in cheek not having a go at ya mate), you must have mistaken me for someone else as I stayed in Sydney that weekend and rest assured my arse was planted firmly to the seat.

But do tell mate, the story does sound intriguing??  What did you get up to??  :-\

The trouble with Rugby at the moment, is that boring play is the winner

South Africa have scored 62 points in 2 matches, with only 2 tries amongst that. Yes Mata, I know it is winning rugby, but it is boring

Australia employ the same tactics. Deans loves the mid field bomb and drive over the top

The All Blacks have been trying to run it from all over the show, and have been playing losing rugby because they have been having a go

Apologies OEE I could have sworn that it was that I was with on Saturday night.  The trouble is all you blokes look the same from behind.  

The truth is I had a pretty quiet time down in Melbourne over the weekend.  A few bannana daquiris at the leather jockstrap club and then onto the tool shed for a bit of retooling.  

I ran into a couple of the storm players at the tool shed and now I know why people call them the purple pricks. 

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2