Inside Info on Selections

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
I too have been bewildered by TB’s selections for some time now. This week concerns me so much I made a call last night to a mate who is close to the club (He lives in Elanora Hts so about 5km’s close). What he told me last night explains everything, including this week’s selections.

I can’t reveal his identity so I will just use his nickname. The conversation went like this, I said Carty mate, can you please explain to me why we have selected a light weight pack with Api on the bench when we are going up against the biggest forward pack in the comp, just bolstered by the arrival of the giant Junior Paulo from Parra. His response was stunning and explained everything.

He said there is a selection process that is undertaken every Tuesday morning with TB, Zorba & Bozo present (Let’s call them Larry, Curly & Moe). They setup the selection dartboard and take turns throwing the darts to select positions. Apparently TB is such a lousy shot that he regularly missed the board and damaged the wall. He usually gave up and had a guess at his selection and that is why we have had some crazy selections this season. Anyway, they gathered yesterday morning and Scott Penn turned up screaming and carrying on saying he was sick to death of spending money to fix the wall from all of TB’s missed shots and there just had to be a better, more scientific way. They sat there as a group thinking for a bit and Zorba suggested the “selection wheel of fortune.” His reasoning was simple, TB couldn’t miss and he reasoned it was quite an innovative scientific approach that would surely turn the season around. All three became quite excited about that prospect and spent an hour congratulating each other for their modern thinking.

By this time it was well after lunch so they were running out of time to meet the 5.00pm deadline. They hurriedly acquired a spinning wheel and set about putting all of the players’ names where once there were numbers. In their rush they simply left some names off the wheel including AFB, T-Red and others and no one picked up on it until after they had submitted the team list to the NRL. So don’t fret, it will only be for this week, they have since added all available players’ names to the wheel and we’ll be back on track next week.

So there it is, inside info from a source close to the club.

Nothing like goss from inside, and especially selection goss.

And now we know the issue , apart from not being able to coach Trent's a lousy darts player!!

Who'd have thought?

Last edited:
funny-gif-Garfield-wheel-spinning.gif

Still amazes me how Titans like we have become with Cartwright and Ferris in the ranks (along with Plod).

Titans under Cartwright were always irrelevant. Sure, they would try hard, pick up the occasional marquee recruit, nominally feature in the finals, always sit 10th - 15th odd, and look basically unfit at times.

That is rubbish @Ralphie - any one with inside knows that Zorba runs the whole club!

He selects the teams, recruits all the players, ****s on the football club, does all the media, gets the sponsors, organizes the catering/morning tea, does our fitness program, pre game massages, cuts the oranges for Half time, washes the jumpers and socks on a Monday!

Zorba is Manly!

That is rubbish @Ralphie - any one with inside knows that Zorba runs the whole club!

He selects the teams, recruits all the players, ****s on the football club, does all the media, gets the sponsors, organizes the catering/morning tea, does our fitness program, pre game massages, cuts the oranges for Half time, washes the jumpers and socks on a Monday!

Zorba is Manly!

Steals the fridges.

Zorba is Manly!
Zorba has a wheel - for his lunch selections. Number 22 bangers and mash today

Zorba is Manly!

You jest BUT he's obviously very influential, and has a far bigger hand in things than just being a board member.

I wonder who at the club was connected with the guy with the dodgy mobile phones for the players? Funny how things going missing and being rebirthed seems to be a common theme.

PS has anyone seen Feleti he has gone missing. He could just be looking for the fridge.

Don't forget Zorba stood down from the Board!

Fair enough but he doesn't need to be a board member to have influence , he basically controls the media through his mates so he's pretty valuable to Mr Fluffy, no bad news is good news for any business.

I knew he wasn't on the FC board but thought he still occupied a seat at the MWSE table ( not that it matters who is there when you control 5 of 7 seats).

I too have been bewildered by TB’s selections for some time now. This week concerns me so much I made a call last night to a mate who is close to the club (He lives in Elanora Hts so about 5km’s close). What he told me last night explains everything, including this week’s selections.

I can’t reveal his identity so I will just use his nickname. The conversation went like this, I said Carty mate, can you please explain to me why we have selected a light weight pack with Api on the bench when we are going up against the biggest forward pack in the comp, just bolstered by the arrival of the giant Junior Paulo from Parra. His response was stunning and explained everything.

He said there is a selection process that is undertaken every Tuesday morning with TB, Zorba & Bozo present (Let’s call them Larry, Curly & Moe). They setup the selection dartboard and take turns throwing the darts to select positions. Apparently TB is such a lousy shot that he regularly missed the board and damaged the wall. He usually gave up and had a guess at his selection and that is why we have had some crazy selections this season. Anyway, they gathered yesterday morning and Scott Penn turned up screaming and carrying on saying he was sick to death of spending money to fix the wall from all of TB’s missed shots and there just had to be a better, more scientific way. They sat there as a group thinking for a bit and Zorba suggested the “selection wheel of fortune.” His reasoning was simple, TB couldn’t miss and he reasoned it was quite an innovative scientific approach that would surely turn the season around. All three became quite excited about that prospect and spent an hour congratulating each other for their modern thinking.

By this time it was well after lunch so they were running out of time to meet the 5.00pm deadline. They hurriedly acquired a spinning wheel and set about putting all of the players’ names where once there were numbers. In their rush they simply left some names off the wheel including AFB, T-Red and others and no one picked up on it until after they had submitted the team list to the NRL. So don’t fret, it will only be for this week, they have since added all available players’ names to the wheel and we’ll be back on track next week.

So there it is, inside info from a source close to the club.

Picking front rowers with no go forward : NO bend the line - always worries me .

Fair enough but he doesn't need to be a board member to have influence , he basically controls the media through his mates so he's pretty valuable to Mr Fluffy, no bad news is good news for any business.

I knew he wasn't on the FC board but thought he still occupied a seat at the MWSE table ( not that it matters who is there when you control 5 of 7 seats).
No he stood down from MWSE board to concentrate on being a consultant to the club

Zorba is Manly!
Massages too? Every story has a happy ending.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7