Instead of this neverending talk about who we keep we should planning who we get

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
I,like many others,have just about had a gutfull of all the talk about who is leaving.Last night shows why we need to look at the possibility of recruitment as well.Our starting pack which has served us so well for so long(with the exception of Rex) is 30 or the best part thereof and after that the backup ,outside Buhrer, is simply not first grade material.It is time we put a deadline on Foran,Rex and the Stewart boys etc so we can go about planning for the future.Instead of worrying the whole year about will we be keeping them we should be finding out now and if they do leave we can actually look at recruitment.A combination of players leaving and others being released then would allow us to actually plan a future,especially in the forwards.Throwing everything at a small bunch of players with no thought of regeneration as well is very dangerous if they take forever to make up their mind.I would personally be looking at putting forward good but not crazy money to the 4 or 5 remaining on a cronk like deadline,seeing if they leave and if so,use the cash and the releasing of ageing players to actually plan the next phase of the club by looking at actually recruiting a couple of players ourselves.There is no way this $$$$ talk is doing anything for the fans and club and even if they all stay god only knows what the rest of the team will look like.

Not like you to panic.We have young players who don't have experience, they are gaining that now. It can be a slow and painful process. Players like Harrison, Skinner, Robinson, Lussick - adjusting to NRL pace takes some time. Remember Gift? Top players often take time to mature. Mauro is a work in progress, for years he was ridiculed here, last year people started to accept he may cut it as an emergency replacement, he still has improvement.

I'd be sniffing around that Warriors u/20's side..surely the warriors can't keep all of them.
Harrison needs a lot of work, he looks lost in goal line defence.

SEA8.If you read the post I am not talking about this year and it is not panic.With our best side out there we can compete with anyone this year and genuinely contend.The obvious point I was making is that if we spend all year not knowing what is going on with these players it is ridiculous.Outside Rex and Buhrer our senior forward men will be iether finished or nearly done in a couple of years and we need to plan.Add Jamie Lyon and maybe B Stewart to that list as well.Those guys you mentioned have played in weak reserve sides and have not shown me anywhere near enough to suggest that if you put them around 3 or 4 players on a kings ransom we would be a top side.I am not saying cut all our guns loose-just do the professional thing and require an answer.If we keep them on not outlandish money then great.Ballin is not Smith and Stewart is now not Slater.We like all sides other than storm cant run a club around a three players with possible plodders all around them in the future.

In a nutshell try desperately to keep Foran and Rex,get an answer soon and then plan for the clubs future in the next 10 years,not 2.

will do Darren

I think you will find we are going to be capped out for the next 3 years. We won't be buying any high profile players anytime soon.

Toovey is a crap coach. No-one wants to say it, and most are afraid to on this website, but I will.

Our defence is absolute garbage under him.

We aren't doing the little things right.

We look sloppy.

All these attributes, our team didn't have under Hasler.

Geoff, "I'm a laid back style approach" doesn't suit our system like I said after the 1st trial. Writing was on the wall.

Thats my point Chuck.We will only be capped out if we look at it in terms of how we go in the next 2 years.King,Kite,Choc,Joe,Lyon,Stewarts,Rose may be gone or near in the end in 2 years.That more than half a side.

What we need to know is what our young guns are doing now and plan for when the above are gone,particularly if they free up the big cash if they go_Other will disagree but I dont see a hell of a lot of potential in the wings re the forwards and our lower grade sides are weak.

If we WANT to improve, we ask Elliott to come out of retirement, and coach this team. I think he might be back-up at the chooks or something....not sure.

Well that's where we should look to.
Like Toovey self proclaimed himself, our team appears too laid back in attitude.

They believe they are heroes, and aren't willing to rip in.

We need a coach willing to bench and move ego's. Elliott does that. He did an awesome job at Canberra with a horrid roster, not so great a job at Penrith, but Penrith needed a complete overhaul.

Since our trials, here are the points against us:-

Versus Cronulla 38
Versus Rhino's 26
Versus Warriors 20
Versus Tigers 18
Versus Sharks 17
Versus Drgaons 17
Versus Eels 29

The average, 23.57 per game.
That's not Premiers quality.

Are people watching The Melbourne Storm this year, with a much diluted roster?

See how the storm go when they have the quality of players like Gift, T-Rex, Matai, and Killer on the sideline.

23.57 points per game is worrying. One thing we could depend on last year was our defense.... the intensity seems to be lacking this year so far unfortunately.

Our defence is shocking at the moment but I am not sure Tooves is the cause. He is not the one making feeble attempts, it is the players. They are soft up the middle and not making the effort.

Elliot? Cmon Ryan, at least bring up an alternative that is not sh!t.

Ryan said:
Toovey is a crap coach. No-one wants to say it, and most are afraid to on this website, but I will.

Our defence is absolute garbage under him.

We aren't doing the little things right.

We look sloppy.

All these attributes, our team didn't have under Hasler.

Geoff, "I'm a laid back style approach" doesn't suit our system like I said after the 1st trial. Writing was on the wall.

I agree.
No I don't - April Fool!

And yes susan, I agree we should be putting a fairly strict timetable on the players for contract negotiations. The club needs to hold the initiative in these talks. I've no reason to think that is not the case - er, except for DCE being signed straight after that blatant stunt by his manager.

Agree SER8.Cronk signed a week after the deadline.I want to keep all our guys just like evryone else but the club should be very careful re dollars here and in the best interest of the footy club need answers soon to plan.As good as our off contract players are they are not in Smith,cronk and Slaters class as a long term cognesive unit and as such our "second stringers" for want of a better word need to be of a higher quality so we must look at whatever we pay our guys in that light.Crazy dollars for all of them wont allow us to build the balanced team we have had for the last couple of seasons.Rex and Foran are priorities as halves are everything and gamebreakers like Rex are rare.

one last controversial call.I would keep Matai over a couple of the other higher profile guys if it came down to a choice.this guy bleeds maroon and is not too old given what lies ahead for our team balance.every big game he turns up.great player.

Elliott.??

Oh it April fools I get it.

I must admit though I do like the guy.

Did little at the Raiders and sacked from panthers.Was responsible for the staring into each others eyes saga as well.You can't judge Toovey on 5 games.

So I guess a premiership winning side just forgets how to defend the following year if a new coach steps in Ryan. Geez give him a chance.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6