Intercept Tries

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Class of 96

Bencher
Is it just me that thinks we concede more intercept tries than any other team when kicking across field to the right-side tryline in late tackle count attacking moves. Seems to being happening too often this season. Perhaps the kicks need to be accompanied by a sliding right-side attack for cover when Lyon and Wolfie are committing to the kick and the pill spills.

Agreed. We have been hurt several times this season.

I also get nerous when the bomb goes up to Jorge's wing.

most teams have players that easily out jump our players, I don't know why we insist on kicking across field bombs, 9 times out of 10 the result goes against us

Class of 96 said:
Is it just me that thinks we concede more intercept tries than any other team when kicking across field to the right-side tryline in late tackle count attacking moves. Seems to being happening too often this season. Perhaps the kicks need to be accompanied by a sliding right-side attack for cover when Lyon and Wolfie are committing to the kick and the pill spills.

I wouldn't say we concede more than any other team, it depends who you're kicking for - eg if it's a kick intended for Snake it stands to reason that we'll have no-one back in cover so if the opposition get a clean pick-up we can be found wanting. But that kind of goes for most other teams too.

Defending opposition kicks has improved big time with Taufua now leaving the ground & getting more protection- obviously addressed at training.
That sensational try with the Titans winger flying high & twisting to score should never, ever happen. Unsure how defensive teams are not letting the attacking jumper get the ball & smash him in mid air which is totally legal when defending. The odd freakish Inglis/Lyon try will still be scored but majority should be handled better imo.
Back to the point those runaways are frustrating, recall Cronulla & now Titans let back into the match on the back of these 10 - 12 point plays.

MK Eagle said:
Defending opposition kicks has improved big time with Taufua now leaving the ground & getting more protection- obviously addressed at training.
That sensational try with the Titans winger flying high & twisting to score should never, ever happen. Unsure how defensive teams are not letting the attacking jumper get the ball & smash him in mid air which is totally legal when defending. The odd freakish Inglis/Lyon try will still be scored but majority should be handled better imo.
Back to the point those runaways are frustrating, recall Cronulla & now Titans let back into the match on the back of these 10 - 12 point plays.

Think the chooks may have also scored against us in similar circumstances. Also recall it happening too often last year. Aside from the Tits and Tigs, it has also been a case of surrendering massive field position on many occasions.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4