Interchange usage

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
The change of Jake into a Sam Burgess/Paul Gallen type lock role had me thinking about our bench balance.

If we played Mateo on the bench then Jake/Taupau/Mateo could split 2 roles at 50 odd minutes each, big minutes but not ineffective as all these guys become towards 80 minutes.

With Brown an 80 minute option to tackle 40+ times and make a few edge runs on the right I believe we could achieve a very good balance.

Api starts, replaced 25 mins by Parcell, replaced 20 into the second by Api
Myles starts, replaced 25 mins by Starling, replaced 20 into the second by Myles
BJ started, replaced 25 in by Lussick/Vave, replace 20 into the second by BJ
Taupau starts, replaced 25 in by Mateo
Jake starts, replaced 55 in by Taupau

So the 4 props split the 80, the 2 hookers split the 80 and the 3 X factor backrowers/locks split 2 lots of 80.

Injuries - Brown/Parcell to cover backs, Myles, BJ and Starlo can all play long minutes up front, Parcell covers Brown, Api/Lyon cover halves.

I liked yesterday's idea of having Parcell train up for 5/8 and Walker go back to 4, as Skivvi is being taped together with bandages.@:cool:

Not sure they can afford 2 x interchanges for hooker rotation.

Need a Buhrer type player to come on, give the hooker a spell then move back into the pack when the starting hooker comes back on.

A fresh Parcell running at tired bodies in the last 20 would be very interesting.

The change of Jake into a Sam Burgess/Paul Gallen type lock role had me thinking about our bench balance.

If we played Mateo on the bench then Jake/Taupau/Mateo could split 2 roles at 50 odd minutes each, big minutes but not ineffective as all these guys become towards 80 minutes.

With Brown an 80 minute option to tackle 40+ times and make a few edge runs on the right I believe we could achieve a very good balance.

Api starts, replaced 25 mins by Parcell, replaced 20 into the second by Api
Myles starts, replaced 25 mins by Starling, replaced 20 into the second by Myles
BJ started, replaced 25 in by Lussick/Vave, replace 20 into the second by BJ
Taupau starts, replaced 25 in by Mateo
Jake starts, replaced 55 in by Taupau

So the 4 props split the 80, the 2 hookers split the 80 and the 3 X factor backrowers/locks split 2 lots of 80.

Injuries - Brown/Parcell to cover backs, Myles, BJ and Starlo can all play long minutes up front, Parcell covers Brown, Api/Lyon cover halves.

Now that IS putting some thought into selections, wonder if TB or Carty are reading this ( be surprised if they are not or someone at least ).

Not sure they can afford 2 x interchanges for hooker rotation.

Need a Buhrer type player to come on, give the hooker a spell then move back into the pack when the starting hooker comes back on.

A fresh Parcell running at tired bodies in the last 20 would be very interesting.

Where else would you use the interchange?

Jake can play 80 and will turn into an 80 minute player full time soon. Say we have a full strength side I reckon we can go interchange like this

1.Stewart
2.Tafua
3.Lyon
4.Matai
5.Trbojevic
6.Walker
7.Cherry-Evans
8.Lawrence
9.Koroisau
10.Myles
11.Buhrer
12.Taupau
13.Trbojevic

14.Parcell
15.Knight
16.Brown
17.Starling

Parcell on 30 minutes into 1st half for Koroisau
Koroisau on for 2nd half for Parcell
Parcell on 20 minutes into 2nd half for Koroisau

The rest will work it out itself. Lawrence should start each half for aggression to get us on the front foot early. Parcell should take down the forwards for the last 10-20 minutes of each half. Jake can play 80. Taupau played 60 last week so he's obviously got fitter since last year. Knight is the one player I can't wait for!!!

Forwards is essentially six positions over eighty mins (480 mins). Four reserves plus six starters equals 48 mins each. Take the hookers out and it's 8 players into 400 mins or 50 mins each, I would think that players like Myles, Tapow, Starlo, Bj and Jake could easy do 60 mins each. Vave, Lussick and green will struggle to put in big quality minutes so we need a backorder or two who can give 80 quality mins. Buhrer is one who can.

Forwards is essentially six positions over eighty mins (480 mins). Four reserves plus six starters equals 48 mins each. Take the hookers out and it's 8 players into 400 mins or 50 mins each, I would think that players like Myles, Tapow, Starlo, Bj and Jake could easy do 60 mins each. Vave, Lussick and green will struggle to put in big quality minutes so we need a backorder or two who can give 80 quality mins. Buhrer is one who can.
Yes Buhrer is key

Not sold on Jake playing 80 high quality minutes. Sure he got close once last year but the last 20 was not high quality. Over playing a player for 26 rounds just because they can seems moronic to me and a quick fire way to burn out and injury.

If it is all about time on the field then run with:

Jake - 80 minutes
Api - 80 minutes
Myles - 60 minutes
Buhrer - 80 minutes
Brown - 80 minutes
Mateo 80 minutes

Bench
Starling - 60 minutes
Taupau - 60 minutes
T red - 80 minutes
John - 80 minutes

We would be good for another 80 minute golden point game

I think if buhrer can regain his form from early last year will come straight back into the side ahead of green. I like the idea of jake at lock but he will probably need time to develop into an 80 min type player. Think he has the ball skills he can develop as well to be even more effective. Would be good to see mateo hit some form as a player like him coming off the bench does offer an x factor.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7