Interesting re Kingy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
My brother and I have been speaking to Ash Harrison about joining our financial services firm post his footy and he has been doing some work experience days with us.A couple of days before his ill fated game against the Titans we quizzed him about the Manly pack.He particularly singled out Kingy as without doubt one of the hardest nuts he has come across in the NRL-said you couldn't kill him with an axe.

Given our forward strength over the last few years it was interesting that Harrison,who has been an iron man himself, would pick Kingy out for special praise. He rated him right up there as one of the real NRL hardmen.

It was great to see him back tonight and we may need him as Lawrence wont be playing for some time unfortunately.

I don't know what's more concerning, Harrison rating King as a hard man or you letting Harrison loose on clients hard earned investments. :)

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
I would say both scenarios are extremely concerning C and C.

Given the forum nickname of Princess (which I am pretty sure was created by me or Mata)it was real interesting to hear what he had to say.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Chip and Chase said:
I don't know what's more concerning, Harrison rating King as a hard man or you letting Harrison loose on clients hard earned investments. :)

Ha ha! I rated Harrison as a great talent. It has been all downhill after he went to the chooks and despite Cartwright talking him up I can't see it. Richie might have smacked him into knowing what a debenture is but I doubt it.

anyone who has a fair footy brain would agree with this about King. he copped some punishment some years ago from some people here when trying to play with a bad back, and clowns on here would rip in, questioning his heart/calling him princess etc. It would have been easier to not play and miss the near entire year, but we had a crap team then and no one better to replace him. The fact that he put on a footy jumper during this period speaks volumes. The constant bagging here from 75kg dweebs and armchair sportsmen was embarrassing as a fellow supporter.

King is our true forward leader of the last few seasons

Starts the game and consistently takes 2 hit ups per set, not the easy hit ups with momentum already built, the tough ones where we are hemmed in

And in defence, when we are down a bit, you will consistently see him leading the line and trying to put a good hard shot on to rally the troops

The job he does is unsung, but vital

There's a reason why he is our captain. A great leader will take on the opposition and lead by example. That's what Kingy does and has done for years. Great to see him back, now just one more piece of the forward puzzle (Gift) to slot back in and look out.

Mal Cochrane said:
anyone who has a fair footy brain would agree with this about King. he copped some punishment some years ago from some people here when trying to play with a bad back, and clowns on here would rip in, questioning his heart/calling him princess etc. It would have been easier to not play and miss the near entire year, but we had a crap team then and no one better to replace him. The fact that he put on a footy jumper during this period speaks volumes. The constant bagging here from 75kg dweebs and armchair sportsmen was embarrassing as a fellow supporter.

I agree and I'm only 68 kg

Kingy worries me when he gets a bit firey tho. Can give away stupid penalties and get too interested in the physical stuff (think the first game of the finals last year). But a true clubman and a local junior to boot. Go the Belrose Eagles!

I have never noticed how hard his defence is more than against the tigpies. there were some big hits when he came on.

Cant just say that he is the forward leader, Kite it right up there as well, both are very well respected and rightfully so

Mal Cochrane said:

Well said Mal it pisses me off how some on here bag out our co captain the value that he provides to our team is priceless a real leader on and off the field. Like Choc, gifty and kitey he can play hurt.

Sheikheagle said:
Well said Mal it pisses me off how some on here bag out our co captain the value that he provides to our team is priceless a real leader on and off the field. Like Choc, gifty and kitey he can play hurt.

ditto. Kingy has some limitations but courage and toughness are not among them. Has been a big part of the squad's success over this era which will be remembered as a golden one for the eagles.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4