Interesting stats this year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Captain of the Gate

Reserve Grader
I just got e-mailed some interesting stats by David "The Guru" Middleton, NRL's stats man. Thought you might like to hear them

Hopoate at Fullback is averaging 19.8 runs a game for 177.5 metres. The highest average of any fullback in Manly's recorded history.

Manly is equal 2nd in the comp for tries scored from 0-10 metres from opposition goal line.

Daly Cherry-Evans is 2nd for average kick metres per game.

Manly are second behind the Dragons on the errors per game count (10.7).

Defensively Manly are top four in metres conceded (1213), offloads conceded (7.8) and missed tackles (26.3).

Average points scored a game is 21.3.

Average points scored against them 16.8.

So we cut down on letting the opposition make ground and offloads and we will start putting teams aways.

Go Hoppa - though he hasn't played enough games for the stat to count much yet and go DCE.

Cut our errors too. That is the other thing still killing us. Our fitness is awesome though

Who do you work for? I had an acquaintance who worked for rugby league week, even got me picture in there as a fan of the week once!

yes and when are you going to plug Silvertails.net?

the stat i really like is
except for Melbourne
every we team we have played has lost the following week.

We are deadset bashing sides

Masked Eagle said:
Who do you work for? I had an acquaintance who worked for rugby league week, even got me picture in there as a fan of the week once!

I'd rather keep that private. I've found, especially on forums, people hassle the hell out of you if they find out the exact place you work when it comes to media and I'd rather avoid that. I'm happy for people to know I work in the field but I don't want to say who I work for exactly. No offense intended in avoiding answering.

Captain of the Gate said:
Masked Eagle said:

I'd rather keep that private. I've found, especially on forums, people hassle the hell out of you if they find out the exact place you work when it comes to media and I'd rather avoid that. I'm happy for people to know I work in the field but I don't want to say who I work for exactly. No offense intended in avoiding answering.

The Mole ?

Yea, in the Rugby League Week Daly Cherry Evans got a couple of mentions for kick metres gained - great to see.

You know, he's going OK.
I actually feared he would make more mistakes and "go into a shell" a bit some games, but so far his effort and flair on the field is pretty good for a young new #7.
If he keeps this up Keiran, Matty, Jamie & Glen will also find it easier to slot in with good plays and turn it on themselves in their own right when the opportunities arise.

Let's hope this all happens nicely come August & September!

DCE will rip it once his attack starts fully clicking!
He's been caught looking for runners a few times leading him to run across field into tacklers. Once this is sorted with decoy runners, 2nd men etc.. watch out. The ball he threw G Stewart to put him a gap, last week I think, was magic.

Unlucky not to score a couple of freakish tries too by the way!

Masked Eagle said:

The adjudicator?

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Masked Eagle said:

The Mole ?

i`d rather the mole .. then an under cover phil rothfield.. :p
i thought the mole was an ex-player.. i still think its geyer matty johns & a few others who pick up meaty info & pass it on.. it`s a contibution by many not by one they just weed out as much of the B.S as they can before printing it..

DCE's long kicking game is going great. He's often found space, in corners and the ingoals. And he can kick it a bloody long way (horay, finally! I can't remember when manly had a kicker with real distance). short and attacking kicking game has come up with some results too.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4