International starting 13

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

King

Reserve Grader
Manly could field a starting side boasting players with International experience in every position.

1. B Stewart (Aus)
2. M Robertson (Sco)
3. T Williams (Ton)
4. S Matai (NZ)
5. D Williams (Aus)
6. J Lyon (Aus)
7. K Foran (NZ)
8. B Kite (Aus)
9. T Seu Seu (Sam)
10. J Perry (Aus)
11. A Watmough (Aus)
12. J Gulavao (NZ)
13. G Stewart (Aus)

Not a bad side when you look at it.

King link said:
Manly could field a starting side boasting players with International experience in every position.

1. B Stewart (Aus)
2. M Robertson (Sco)
3. T Williams (Ton)
4. S Matai (NZ)
5. D Williams (Aus)
6. J Lyon (Aus)
7. K Foran (NZ)
8. B Kite (Aus)
9. T Seu Seu (Sam)
10. J Perry (Aus)
11. A Watmough (Aus)
12. J Gulavao (NZ)
13. G Stewart (Aus)

5 years ago I never thought I'd again see the day we could field a whole international team. Shows just how far we have come, that is a mighty achievement.

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
[quote author=King link=topic=182483.msg252380#msg252380 date=1266892058]

1. B Stewart (Aus)
2. M Robertson (Sco)
3. T Williams (Ton)
4. S Matai (NZ)
5. D Williams (Aus)
6. J Lyon (Aus)
7. K Foran (NZ)
8. B Kite (Aus)
9. T Seu Seu (Sam)
10. J Perry (Aus)
11. A Watmough (Aus)
12. J Gulavao (NZ)
13. G Stewart (Aus)

5 years ago I never thought I'd again see the day we could field a whole international team. Shows just how far we have come, that is a mighty achievement.
[/quote]

I agree, they were tough times for the club and the supporters.

Do Scotland and Samoa count though?  Ballin being in the Queensland training squad impresses me more than that.

It's not about squad, it's about hunger, discipline and desire.  As many years of Dragons and Eels sides will attest.  I'll wait to see what our attitude is like before I even think of changing my 8th prediction.

Matabele link said:
Do Scotland and Samoa count though?  Ballin being in the Queensland training squad impresses me more than that.

Offcourse playing for Samoa and Scotland in the World Cup count as international games. Why wouldn't they?

I didn't state this was our stongest 13, i just found it interesting that if we wanted too we could field a starting 13 boasting internationals in every position.

Spuds Bodyguard link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=182483.msg252528#msg252528 date=1267002579]
I've played League for Zimbabwe then.

Thats good, maybe you can vye for a bench spot then.
[/quote]

For Zimbabwe :)

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Congratz on finding a way to work your negative spin into this topic Mata !!

He's right though. Our squad looks great, especially through maroon and white glasses, but so does almost every other squad in the NRL, especially to their supporters. It really does come down to the intangibles: hunger, determination, friendships within the squad, luck, timing. It's almost impossible to know how our season might shape up this early:)

If we can win about half our games through the first 18 rounds or so, and 6 weeks out have no injuries in key positions with a bit of form we will be a good chance. 

Same as about 10 other teams. 

Ron E. Gibbs link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=182483.msg252499#msg252499 date=1266985530]
Congratz on finding a way to work your negative spin into this topic Mata !!

He's right though. Our squad looks great, especially through maroon and white glasses, but so does almost every other squad in the NRL, especially to their supporters. It really does come down to the intangibles: hunger, determination, friendships within the squad, luck, timing. It's almost impossible to know how our season might shape up this early:)
[/quote] An applaud for you.

One factor that is our favor from last year will be rep footy - can not think of anyone other than Choc who will be picked (maybe Glenn or Jaime)

This has got to be good for us

lsz link said:
One factor that is our favor from last year will be rep footy - can not think of anyone other than Choc who will be picked (maybe Glenn or Jaime)

This has got to be good for us
There might be more. Kieren and maybe Matai for the Kiwis. George at least for City/Country, along with maybe King again. Kite & Perry are Origin possibilities, otherwise might be forced to trundle out in City/Country. Wolfman seems to be popular with selectors, his chances will be enhanced if Tahu does not start with a bang. Ballin would get picked if Smith is hurt. (Smith has to get hurt one day, surely). And a certain B Stewart will also be a strong candidate I predict.

Agree re city / country but not sure on the others
- Perry could be a shout but i think we would struggle to see both of them - Wolfman has done his dash (Morris brothers would have to be ahead of him for NSW as well as Faloue etc)
- Agree re ballin but when was the last time smith was injured?
- not sure about Brett. If you do not play him at full back , and you would have to think Hayne has it locked up, where will he play...and if he does play on the wing you have to think that is the end of the Wolfman

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8