Interviews with players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ella Kasmar

Reserve Grader
Hello everyone :)

As some of you know, I'm in year 10, a crazy Manly supporter and I write a weekly article for the Manly Daily.

So of course I aspire to be a sports journalist when I'm older - a truthful one of course!

At the moment I am only doing writing journalism pieces but I was wondering if you guys would like to see me do interviews with some of the players (don't know if it would be writing or video). I love following the other grades too (Holden Cup, NSW Cup etc.) so maybe it could be some players from there too.

It's just an idea for now but please let me know if you'd like to see this :)

Go Manly :h:

Twitter: @ellakasmar
Instagram: @ellakasmar47

I think that would be a great idea. Finally some truthful insite from some one who loves the club. Show these ' so called' journalists how it's done at the Sea Eagles.

That sounds really great Ella, you have my support for sure.....! And interviews across all grades (not just first grade) would be fantastic too. :)

I'm happy to setup a section on the site for you and give you permissions to post articles too if you like

lol.....c'mon you guys.....You really think a young lady in grade 10 is asking us about interviewing a whole lotta young fit guys for 'journalistic' purposes? :p

:giggle: just teasing @Ella Kasmar I reckon it'd be interesting. The lower/younger grade guys may be easier with their time and it'd be good to hear from them...or any manly player.

So go for it!!!

Ella, what other things are you doing to pursue this outside of the Eagles stuff? Are you reading a lot of classic sportswriting? (I'll shy away from using "journalism" because that whole area is a bit of a dogs breakfast). Do you have other writers whose style is an influence?

It's a good idea to consume as much of the "good stuff" as you can when you're younger to help shape your voice and to set you apart from other journos. Aim to be a writer, and it's not just about sports specifically. Try to find and tell the story that's there, lurking. And then you can chuck in the facts. But always look for the story and build it from there.

There is enormous scope to provide information about up and coming players. We get fed so much rubbish. What I want is to know is how they train, what their goals are, the different trainers they have etc.

You have the disadvantage of being "just a kid" but remember these players need publicity to improve their financial situation. I would recommend that you allow the player to read your report before publishing. This is not normally done but will give confidence to those being interviewed.

Good luck

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8