iPhone sensational

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
Just entered the 21st century and got an iPhone on a $49 plan. It's gotta be the best gadget I've ever used. This post is made from it.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
if you had waited a month the new version comes out haha.

But yes they are awesome. I love mine, still. Once you start exploring the apps too, it just gets better

yeah agreed, however this wont be just a Firmware upgrade

Only a couple of these things would interest me.

Here's a list of what the new iPhone could offer, along with my comments. AppleiPhoneApps is also predicting that the $199 and $299 price tags will remain.

A 32GB model--We've expected this for some time. What's more, it would be welcome.

Double the RAM and processing power--Ditto here.

A 3.2-megapixel camera with video-recording capabilities--We've been hearing about this for a while, as well. But while Apple is at it, we'd also like more camera editing features.

Ability to send a pictures and video via MMS--The iPhone 3.0 software update will add the ability to send photos with MMS so videos would make sense too.

Turn-by-turn directions--We'll also get this with the 3.0 update. The feature won't be native, but it will come through apps.

1.5x the battery life--The short battery life is one of the iPhone 3G's biggest flaws. I'd look forward to this improvement the most.

Apple logo on the rear side will light up--This one is random, indeed. Outside of the, "Look at me, I have an iPhone!" factor I can't imagine why you'd want this. Plus, I agree that it would be useless and annoying if it negatively affected battery life.

Built-in compass--This is a bit random, but anything is possible. You can get limited compass functionality through a compass app.

Built-in FM transmitter--This would be a first for Apple, so I'm suspicious. But I'd like it.

Other physical changes--AppleiPhoneApps says the metal border might go away and the new model could have a sleeker profile and a rubber tread on its backside. Personally, I think the iPhone is sleek enough already, but some CNET readers have said the opposite. The rubber tread would protect against falls, I suppose. The blog also mentioned an OLED display.

Yeah, problem with some of those features is that they will drain the battery and counter each other.

However Turn by Turn is already in Google Maps

Dan link said:

But yes they are awesome. I love mine, still. Once you start exploring the apps too, it just gets better
  A sorry victim of marketing hey?

Unfortunately mine fell out of my pocket when 3 weeks old.  Cracked the screen at one corner, but worse it is seems to have taken out wi-fi capability.  23 months is a long time to wait for a contract to finish.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=180448.msg223832#msg223832 date=1242861374]

Unfortunately mine fell out of my pocket when 3 weeks old.  Cracked the screen at one corner, but worse it is seems to have taken out wi-fi capability.  23 months is a long time to wait for a contract to finish.
[/quote]

didn't you insure it?

Just get a new one under insurance. I am on my second phone and with the current battery life, probably looking for a 3rd one soon. If you are in the Apple store its worth seeing them, they are pretty good about replacing them

looove the iphone.. i'm holding out for the new version though. i spend upwards of 3 hours per day on public transport to/from work, so i need as much battery life as i can get!

very excited  ;D

Dan link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=180448.msg224958#msg224958 date=1243253018]
[quote author=Dan link=topic=180448.msg223832#msg223832 date=1242861374]

[/quote]

didn't you insure it?

[/quote]  It's on a corporate plan and the schmucks from Telstra don't offer insurance, unlike Optus.

that sucks man. I would go ask them to cut a deal with you

Only a complete bastard organisation would make battery replacement so difficult. Why couldn't it be like most small devices where you could just swap out a charged battery on the run? A joke.

ManlyBacker link said:
Only a complete bastard organisation would make battery replacement so difficult. Why couldn't it be like most small devices where you could just swap out a charged battery on the run? A joke.

Apple are basically the new MS,  they get away with things like this by using "Sleek design" etc as an excuse.

I am not phased. I expect any phone I have to have a lifespan of about 1.5 years before it truly starts to fade. I then look to replace it at at around 1.8 years under a new contract....such is the life of a consumer

Yeah, my mate in Canada went for the HTC, specifically for Android, he is a Google groupie....right Narc?

I still think the iPhone has too much brand power though

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4