Is anyone going to the Fan day?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi everyone,

I wanted to see if anyone was going to the fan day tomorrow and if they were, could they please do me a favour. If I email you a photo of Menzies or some of the players, can someone print it for me (on proper photo paper and get them signed. I am specifically after Menzies signature here.

If so let me know the cost involved of getting it printed and to mail it up to me and I will transfer the money to you as well.

Cheers Guys

Dan

I would love to be going but the timing is bad as i couldn't get there from work till about 6.30 pm and it would all be over by then. Add that to three days off work this week and it is not going to happen. Sadly!!

I could be going but also might not be going, depends on work.  If I do I won't be there until 5:30 to 6:00 PM.  As per above might be all over

hmm looking for any certainties that can help me out. Let me know Wheel!

Dan, I'm going and I'll try to get Beaver's signature on something, hopefully a team poster if they have them there for you.  There you go, I'm not such a ****. 

DSM5 link said:
Dan, I'm going and I'll try to get Beaver's signature on something, hopefully a team poster if they have them there for you.  There you go, I'm not such a c**t. 

Dude that would be awesome, will earn you some applaud points...lol

Cheers mate, otherwise I can email you a photo, but depends on how much time you have.

Cheers
Dan

DSM5 link said:
Dan, I'm going and I'll try to get Beaver's signature on something, hopefully a team poster if they have them there for you.  There you go, I'm not such a c**t. 

DSM  - only Des/Ox & matai think that

DSM5 link said:

Nope...your still a c**t.
J/K

I have an appointment after 4.00 pm and may not get there.

I have had a problem with the whole way the autograph sessions have worked for the last two years. These days players split into bunches of 4, but usually 5, at one table and a queue forms. The time to reach a table is around 20 minutes. So you get to one table and get some sigs then it is off to another table for another 20 minute wait. Last few times there have been 6 tables so you can see the problem. The chances of getting anything signed by all the players is nil.

Three years ago it was one long line and you got to meet all the players and get something signed. There was an obvious wait but it was over and done.

At the fan meet at the beginning of the year they announced that only ONE item could be signed. Obviously the club has a concern about the Ebay dumpsters but unfortunately it impacts the real fans.

I don't know of a Screaming Eagles only bbq this year and that was one way with smaller crowds to get something signed. I still have two photos I have been trying to get signed since the beginning of this season.

Rant over. I see the fan days mostly as a huge PR exercise for the kids, which I really support, so us adults will just have to get at the end of the far queue.

Yeah 1 line would be the best idea with all the players on one table! Agreed mate

DSM5 link said:
Ryan you surprise me.  I've always liked your YARTS

Yet again DSM5 has alienated himself from everyone.

He is the only person recorded as liking the YART :)

I would do it all for you Dan, but I'll have a hectic day tomorrow. So I wont be getting out there.

Manly Backer you were right on the money with the useless organization of the fan day.  Four tables with extemely long lines, so unless you took all your family you just couldn't get more than about eight signatures.  However Dan, I've got you the stuff you requested.  I'll send you the list of bloggers I want eliminated later.

DSM5 link said:
...... However Dan, I've got you the stuff you requested.  I'll send you the list of bloggers I want eliminated later.
That is classic. Love it. More applause. (No clap emoticon! - At this rate you will never get your century!!! :) :) :)    )

Just back from the fan day....top effort by the club and the players
Good time had by me and the kids.
Respect to the players who were being hustled to leave for another commitment but wanted to stay and sign as many autographs as there were people.
Big queues purely and simply due to the volume of people who turned up and wanted to get a signature.
Beaver's hand was glowing red with the veins sticking out due to the sheer numbers of times he had to write his name on stuff on.....
Number 1 son playing footy with his mates on the hallowed turf of the fortress (Apparently scored 17 tries so look out for him in the future....
Free snags, pics of the squad and fairy floss for the kids AND we won the 2nd prize in the raffle (A merchandise pack with Est 1947 T-shirts, a T shirt from the Sunshine Coast trial game against the Warriors, Eagles Angels and Screaming Eagles members caps, a pair of Eagles thongs (Size 9 anyone?), Jim Beam "bling" etc etc so a result all told....

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2