Is City Country dead?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
I use to love watching this game - think Spud vs Chief ripping into each other.

The controversy caused by both the Ox and Ogre playing for City inspite playing CRL under origin rules.

Use to say a strong Country side meant a strong NSW side.

But players have been pulling out left right and centre and I believe the likes of Mateo and Fifita would have been lining up in Tonga's jerseys if they weren't up led up the garden path about playing for NSW.

I think it's time the ARLC commit to a Pacific Cup every year

Mark from Brisbane said:
Complete waste of time, not needed jus another game players can get injured in

I'm sure guys like Alan Tongue wouldn't agree with you on that one mate

And there have been guys that have played themselves into NSW from this game. There was a forward not so long ago who absolutely killed in in City v Country and got his origin spot based on it, can't quite remember who it was though now

Disagree Kiwi, if Daley can't work out who should be in the NSW side from the week to week games he needs replacing. This is a total waste of time.......AND this comes from a proud NSW country born person, who can remember when they used to pick a fair dinkum country side from local sides to play the best of the best, and very very occasionally they won ( maybe only once ) but it had " heart and soul", this is now a wankfest, sorry but total waste of time

I can guarantee you that for up and coming guys getting picked in this match for the 1st time that it will mean something to them though, their 1st rep jumper and for some the only rep jumper they will see

That may be different for the older experienced guys how have been there and done that but I think it is worthwhile

Just on the injury thing, if someone is going to get injured, they are going to be injured. Would suck to see someone injure themselves in rep games but it also sucks to see people injured at training

I live in tbe country and whilst it is full of dead****s ita not dead...oh wait you mean the game

It'd be kind of cool if the CRL player of the year from the previous season got a jersey with the Country side.

Play it sme day as the (not quite) the all stars match, that way you might get some Real up and comers into it. This week should be designated as an international weekend.

SOO should be played as a stand alone event with all teams having the bye. This would allow City v Country from both NSW & Qld play each other over the 3 weeks of SOO.

Rambo1987 said:
SOO should be played as a stand alone event with all teams having the bye. This would allow City v Country from both NSW & Qld play each other over the 3 weeks of SOO.

And it wouldnt affect my supercoach.

When I was 'younger' I used to enjoy the match. Hoping the country boys would win over the city yobbos.

But now....I don't think it's a true soo selection game and just increases the risk of injury.

I wish they would get rid of it or change the format somehow.

Qld don't have a city v country game and they seem to do ok in origin!

Even though KE says a player could get injured in training (very true).....well one could be hit by a car, doesn't mean one needs to play in traffic.

edit: 3000th post! woot!!

Yes QLD don't have one of these and " seem" to do ok, total waste of time and just another game our players can be injured in

I think that the fringe Players appreciate the chance to mix with others and show their wares.

Being coached by different people must also be beneficial to the development of a young Player.

As the Oz Team is basically the QLD SOO Team, which has been stable for the last 5 years, no others get a chance to break into Rep sides.

I will be watching with interest and not worrying about injuries:shy:

Good to see that the Senior Players are excited for the newbies:

David Williams ‏@wolfmanwilliams 14 Apr
A huge congrats and big hugs and kisses to @yo_jorgetaufua and @TommySymonds on their debut City jerseys! Yewww!

Hope they smash the crap out of each other in a total waste of time. I'm sure the only reason it continues is so channel 9 has a game to put to air that day.

The greater shame is having an ANZAC test on the Friday before ANZAC day. How good would this game have been at 2pm on ANZAC day?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4