Is Hayne a protected species?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Sean

How can he not be sent off for a Head Butt. He did it last year to Billy Slater and no action was taken. If that was Matai he would probably be gone for about 10 weeks.
His biggest fan "Gould" just says quietly 'That was a bad look'. Unbelieveable.

Totally gutless. If it was any other player he'd be sent off. To compound the error the Dogs player got ten in the bin for a soft swinging arm. Hayne looked to be playing dead. What a sook.

There are four main areas for use of the sin bin
a. Repeated infringements;
b. Deliberate break down of the play, especially in try scoring positions:
c. Cooling off; and
d. Dissent

Thats the quote on sin binning out of the referee's guidelines for 2011 (there is no section on sending people off)

Both fall completely inside the category of "cooling off".

There is also no section in the rule book which states foul play like tripping, high tackles, or headbutts are automatic send offs, nor does it state that you aren't allowed to send someone for the bin for them.

In fact, the only section of the actual rule book which talks about sin binning and sending off players states:

Power to dismiss
6. In the event of misconduct by a player, the Referee
shall, at his discretion, caution, temporarily suspend
for ten minutes, or dismiss the offender

Not much in it. A swinging arm that barely warranted a penalty and hayne got up and had a tanty, headbutted Payne and clocked him square in the jaw.

Massive sook and should get a week in my book

Imagine if it was Watmough or Matai?
Me thinks there would have been no 'cooling off' for them and they would be sidelined through suspension for the next 3-4 weeks.

Corey Payne v Jarryd Hayne (longer version)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEQj-scZj9c

Corey Payne v Jarryd Hayne (short version)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgmZkXepIPg

Hayne has an ginormous ego. He is an A grade wally and a liability. Sure he has skills but give me a break. He should have been sent off. Watch the judiciary give him next to nothing.

They play for the Eels, they will get off with little or no punishment. As others have said, if it was Watmough or Matai doing what Hayne & Hindmarsh did they would be getting crucifed.

Hayne has headbutted players before & will do it again. He'll just keep getting away with it because he's an NRL golden boy. Hindmarsh has such a bad tackling technique that he should be getting pinged more than Choc, but the refs seem to overlook it in order to keep him on the field. I won't be surprised if the pair of them get nothing.

Dogs players did nothing wrong IMO. Payne's shot was worth a penalty, nothing more. Still can't figure out what Ennis was sent off for? Makes no sense.

I don't know about being a protected species, but he is certainly a myth. Wasn't he the world's greatest player 18 months ago....what happened ? If the NRL are fair dinkum he'll get a couple of weeks for that.

Rabbits is a cock, who loves certain players. He wanted Matai gone for 3 decades, yet when his poster boy Hayne head butts, it's a "soft head". Thank you to Sterlo and Gould who said there's no such a thing.

Time to hang up the skates, Rabbits.

WAMF said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Love to know what Ennis said to Hindmarsh too

The SMH reported that Ennis said the following to Hindmarsh:

" You've been wanting to have a crack for years. If you want to throw one, throw one.''

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...marsh-labels-ennis-a-grub-20110415-1di6b.html

The logic behind the decision to put Ennis in the bin for 10 is almost as ****ed as Hayne being allowed to return to the game.

I doubt that that was said

gotta say im not so fussed. Paynes hit was late and cheap, very similar in lateness to what got mattai suspended. Hayne was on the ground, not looking,and it was as late as a flop. One of the refs surely should have seen it and if they had it may have been defused by the whistle

Head butts look bad but with hayne being slow to react after a head knock his defence will be haziness due to it. And fair enough as far as im concerned

Before you all howl me down i notice the warriors players are fired up about Jason king in the trial game. Apparently taking one of theres out. Not enough video to suspend him. **** happens.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6