Is It Any Wonder?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
There are clean outs and then there are kamikaze missions. With the approach our current custodians have taken, is it any wonder we're a basket case?
For your consideration:
* The Penns were victorious in a bitter board battle yet, much like Tony Abbott's inability to go from opposition leader to actual leader, seem clueless as to what to do now that they have won.
* Joe Kelly totally botched the halves negotiation and appears to have never recovered.
* Lurking around the club appears to be an extremely vengeful man, Zorba.
* A great majority of the admin staff have been shown the door.
* There is a new doctor in the place.
* Players have a different strength and conditioning bloke and presumably regime.
* There is a completely new coaching staff.
* Our new head coach is an unproven rookie.
* The previous coach was a legend who still had a year on his contract.
* A number of players were on a fairly public list trumpeting the fact that they were not wanted.
* The Eagles Angels were shafted.
* The footy club, the true holders of the Manly tradition, have been sidelined at every turn.

I'm sure there's a whole lot more but, just looking at that list, you'd have to wonder what remains of the fabric of our great club. I cannot imagine for one second that it's a nice place to work. Sterile, no job security, bitterness, one wrong word and you're out.

Is it any wonder we are not performing on the field?

There are clean outs and then there are kamikaze missions. With the approach our current custodians have taken, is it any wonder we're a basket case?
For your consideration:
* The Penns were victorious in a bitter board battle yet, much like Tony Abbott's inability to go from opposition leader to actual leader, seem clueless as to what to do now that they have won.
* Joe Kelly totally botched the halves negotiation and appears to have never recovered.
* Lurking around the club appears to be an extremely vengeful man, Zorba.
* A great majority of the admin staff have been shown the door.
* There is a new doctor in the place.
* Players have a different strength and conditioning bloke and presumably regime.
* There is a completely new coaching staff.
* Our new head coach is an unproven rookie.
* The previous coach was a legend who still had a year on his contract.
* A number of players were on a fairly public list trumpeting the fact that they were not wanted.
* The Eagles Angels were shafted.
* The footy club, the true holders of the Manly tradition, have been sidelined at every turn.

I'm sure there's a whole lot more but, just looking at that list, you'd have to wonder what remains of the fabric of our great club. I cannot imagine for one second that it's a nice place to work. Sterile, no job security, bitterness, one wrong word and you're out.

Is it any wonder we are not performing on the field?

I fully agree. I am sitting back looking at this train wreck that has been created by Peters and his family. Wow its hard to watch it. But as scott said its a result driven company now.

The changes, whether some necessary or not, to me has made us just like the other 15 generic 'franchises' rather than a Rugby league club with a soul.

This was probably the least excited I've been leading into a season in my history of following Manly, and even with the game in the balance last night I still found myself playing on my phone and looking up at the TV half interested.

Plus: retaining Willow - a coach with the worst loss:win record in history. And sacking a coach that took his team to the club's first Under 20's grand final.
Staggering logic.

A lot of what you say is true. However begrudgingly, we have to give them a chance to build their own culture and put their stamp on the place. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and a year to see what transpires. They hold all the cards now so there can be no excuses. Let's see how true they are.

I am very concerned about their bitter, vengeful attitude towards the Football Club though. I am hoping that even they can see the value in maintaining that link to the history and culture of Manly. Let's hope that childish bitterness doesn't pervade the joint and eat it from the inside out.

Plus: retaining Willow - a coach with the worst loss:win record in history. And sacking a coach that took his team to the club's first Under 20's grand final.
Staggering logic.

At least they bought back Chad Randall to coach NYC. Results wise - lets not discuss those shall we. Lets just say all the grades are very consistent ;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6