Is Jamil the Real Deal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Jamil Hopoate, now aged 22, has been promising so much since he was 16. He was at one stage declared a better prospect than his brother Will. But his early larrikan behaviour followed by a serious criminal act, stalled what seemed a burgeoning League career. Discipline has been Jamil's Achilles's heel, and almost destroyed his career in 2014-15. But since his release from prison, he seems to have pulled his head in and has had an impressive staring role for Narraweena and then the NSW Cup teams in 2016.

2017 will be Jamil's make or break year. If his indiscipline rears its ugly head again he could end up as a byline in the Sea Eagles history. But if he maintains his resolve to concentrate on his football and not his silly mates, this kid could end up being something very special either in the forwards or as a centre. He's quick, evasive, solid, a tough defender, has almost Menzies like try scoring ability and could be a great match for Buhrer in our forward line up. Wouldnt surprise to see this kid in rep teams in the next year or two, if he maintains his present resolve. Manly needs to hold onto this kid.

Ever known a family where one kid clearly got all of the father's DNA and the other, the mother's?
That's what it feels like with Will and Jamil.
Discipline?

I saw him a bit before he "went away". More like a young Choc. High energy attack and defence. Bounces through tackles. Quick off the mark.

I saw him a bit before he "went away". More like a young Choc. High energy attack and defence. Bounces through tackles. Quick off the mark.

Plenty on here rate him, I've never seen him play , you have, so a question " is he first grade material or is it just hype"??

"Will" he get a bit of notariaty then demand a morman mission and Sundays off?

If so, fark off to Canterbury now. We just don't need the disruption.

He's not that committed to his beliefs as Will I understand. Doubt that Sundays will be a issue. I remember what he once said in interview and that may keep him a little more disciplined. He knows he has the skills and football is all he knows he is good at. He apparently really wants to make it in the game because the implication was he didnt know what else he could do. Apparently loves the game.

"Will" he get a bit of notariaty then demand a morman mission and Sundays off?

If so, fark off to Canterbury now. We just don't need the disruption.

Way to endear yourself to our many Polynesian and Mormon players and fans.

We are prepared to accept you if you are a ratbag and have a criminal record, but if you have strongly held religious beliefs .... (how did you phrase it Ryan) .... fark off.

Expect a response from Rex whom I am sure will be outraged at your blatant religious discrimination.

We are prepared to accept you if you are a ratbag and have a criminal record, but if you have strongly held religious beliefs .... (how did you phrase it Ryan) .... fark off.

Expect a response from Rex whom I am sure will be outraged at your blatant religious discrimination.

My understanding of Rex is that he doesnt have a religious bent, but he does have a bent against discrimination

The point is, that if you are unable to fulfill the role expected of you as an employee, then you are in the wrong line of work (look at the backlash Will Hopoate is copping now).

Grand Finals are on Sundays, and that's what you are supposed to be playing the game for.

Hopoate went on a Mormon Mission, and came back half the player (like his Uncle Frank wasn't it?). He then signs a big contract, and later decides he doesn't want to play Sundays.

Sorry, that's disruptive.

If this next Hopoate kid is following in the same footsteps, then no way do I want that at our club (and that's not even hinting at the negatives he carries & hypocracy of what it would appear to be, given his history).

The point is, that if you are unable to fulfill the role expected of you as an employee, then you are in the wrong line of work (look at the backlash Will Hopoate is copping now).

Grand Finals are on Sundays, and that's what you are supposed to be playing the game for.

Hopoate went on a Mormon Mission, and came back half the player (like his Uncle Frank wasn't it?). He then signs a big contract, and later decides he doesn't want to play Sundays.

Sorry, that's disruptive.

If this next Hopoate kid is following in the same footsteps, then no way do I want that at our club (and that's not even hinting at the negatives he carries & hypocracy of what it would appear to be, given his history).

I apologise ...... you are obviously feel entitled to discriminate .. if you have a reason.

And my point was .... you arrogantly and needlessly risked alienating many of our Polynesian players and fans by suggesting that one of their brothers could fark off if he held true to his beliefs.

Jamil's a changed man after prison, pretty chill and doesn't go looking for fights anymore from what I've heard. I think he's gonna be our breakout rookie in 2017.

I also don't think he's as religious as Will so I wouldn't worry about him dogging (haha) Sunday's.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6