Is Laurie Daley really the best and only coach that NSW can muster?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Really!

I going to start to show my age now but SOO was so boring last night. Where are the days of the big hits. Silky smooth Backlines slicing defence apart ( well I know qld do it ) players leaving it all out there.

Daley has no NRL coaching experience. Is in charge of a side that he picks out of a hat and frankly run around like headless chickens.... hell he kept picking Mitchell pierce ffs. Enough said....

The series NSW won a few years back was more luck that astute coaching.

Out of interest what does the Origin coach get paid and is that job really that undesirable for other coaches in NSW at the moment?

Really!

I going to start to show my age now but SOO was so boring last night. Where are the days of the big hits. Silky smooth Backlines slicing defence apart ( well I know qld do it ) players leaving it all out there.

Daley has no NRL coaching experience. Is in charge of a side that he picks out of a hat and frankly run around like headless chickens.... hell he kept picking Mitchell pierce ffs. Enough said....

The series NSW won a few years back was more luck that astute coaching.

Out of interest what does the Origin coach get paid and is that job really that undesirable for other coaches in NSW at the moment?

NSW keep flogging the dead horse and stick with a failed coaching team, Daley should have got the flick after overseeing the disaster in game 3 last year. We keep picking the wrong players and Queensland continue their momentum.

I heard Dessie piping up on origin the other day. Tactics and such. He might put his hand up. Amazed he hasn't thrown his hair hat into the ring by now. Would be interesting

Just needs a coach that can fire up some passion. Let's get hasler in there ripping off doors.

QLD side of the past 8 years have been a self motivation machine that hasn't needed a real coach. I don't think meningitis was or is that great a coach. The storm connection and spine of that side has made it great.

NSW have some amazing players but poor coaching and lack of a plan just puts us on the road to ****sville year after year....

Just needs a coach that can fire up some passion. Let's get hasler in there ripping off doors.

QLD side of the past 8 years have been a self motivation machine that hasn't needed a real coach. I don't think meningitis was or is that great a coach. The storm connection and spine of that side has made it great.

NSW have some amazing players but poor coaching and lack of a plan just puts us on the road to ****sville year after year....
The thing meninga did well was get good assistants, Hagan( who I rate and kevvie Walters) and Neil Henry ( who I don't rate as high) but he probably doesn't care.
Think meninga took on a head coach role an left the tactics to the rest. Maybe nsw should do the same if des won't have a lash.

True but Todd greenburg and tin tin could have coached that qld side against a rudderless NSW and still won the same amount.

For mine, Daley got lucky in 2014.

* Cooper Cronk broke his arm in the first 10 minutes of game 1. Yes they had a more than capable replacement in DCE, but he was forced into a role (being the Cronk like organiser) that we all know is pretty much the weakest part of his game.

* Jarryd Hayne played out of his skin in the 2014 series. It was the best he'd played since the back end of 2009, even better than he was in the 2013 RLWC. Paul Gallen may have won the Player of the Series award from the Gallen loving [NSW] media, but the reality is that Hayne was far and away the standout.

* Mitchell Pearce had that Kings Cross incident with the woman in the yellow dress in 2014 and was banished from Origin that year.

Since then, normal service has resumed and Qld are dominating again.

Personally, I think that if NSW don't win this year, Daley will be gone and the best candidates would be either Tooves or even Des.

Bellamy doesn't want to coach against against Smith & Cronk (or any Storm players). He said as much after he left the job years ago.

The actual "head coach" has such a short time with the team, they can't do much more that act as a motivator. The assistant coaches are the ones who work on specific combinations (such as Maloney with Cordner & Jennings etc..). Daley is well respected but there's just not enough "mongrel" about NSW's attitude as their should be.

As long as current NRL head coaches can't/won't do it, that rules out Hasler. Who in my opinion is probably the best candidate. As I've said before about Toove's, great bloke but not a great coach.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6