Is Matai availabe for NZ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killer03

Bencher
I don't recall Skivvy playing tests for NZ in recent times, has he retired or just not selected? I like seeing our players recognized with rep honours and if NZ have 1 (let alone 2) centres better than him than I'll let Skivvy shoulder charge me.

Seriously what is up with Skivvy lately? He has just blossomed into the form centre of the game (behind Killer of course who is the King of Centres). The big plus has been his ability to put his winger away, which was lacking in years gone by. But his year and last he really has been superb at it.

I think he was injured for last years anzac test. And in the world cup he nominated for Samoa but again pulled out with injury.

Not sure if he is "available" for the Kiwis this time around or not. Certainly in good form.

Pretty sure he is Samoa only now

May be a big call here, but he is going that well he is outplaying Lyon so far this season

Kiwi Eagle said:

May be a big call here, but he is going that well he is outplaying Lyon so far this season

Yeh I actually would agree with that. Killer isn't playing bad, it's just not quite happening for him or the right sided attack.

The left sided attack just seems so fluid at the moment. Taufau could have scored 5 today!

Kearney hates him and Skivi is resigned to that part of footy being shut to him. They have plenty of centers, especially now that they've labeled Hiku as a center too. :cool:

Easts will struggle to fill a team when the NZ team plays.
Parra must be grateful there is no Fijian Test match this season!

Skivvy has advised that he does not wish to be considered for selection in the same way as Jamie has excluded himself from SOO.

I hope Skivvy's nose / cheekbones are ok. ? There was alot of blood coming out yesterday and was thinking maybe it was a broken nose, or more than that ? Any further info anyone ?>

The Who said:
Easts will struggle to fill a team when the NZ team plays.
Parra must be grateful there is no Fijian Test match this season!

Fiji are playing Samoa the same weekend that Australia plays New Zealand and City/Country

Kiwi Eagle said:

Very similar to the start of last year. We played almost exclusively to Matai's side in the early part of the season and it was the return of Gift from injury and it seemed all the ball went to the other side and then Killer was on fire at the backend of the season. Not sure if this year will follow the same pattern, but I would like to see a lot more even spread of the ball. We are one of the few teams who are dangerous going right to left and left to right.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2