Is Matai Serious???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

conanu

Bencher
Dead set, there hasn't been a ball kicked in anger and Matai has decided to tell the press he's looking at moving to the Titans. FFS we just went through this crap with Watmough and now Matai is having a sook. Shut your mouth honour your contract and piss off after it if thats what you want, but dont drag the club through another year of bull**** and speculation. Its not like your playing reserve grade on bad money and we won't release you. What a jerk!

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/manly-sea-eagles/manly-sea-eagle-steve-matai-ponders-a-future-with-gold-coast-titans-or-new-zealand-warriors-20150108-12jktw.html

Yep...basically said he is gone at the end of the year. I reckon along with our halves conundrum we will have plenty of worries about 2016 the way we are going.

Don't be so precious, he sounded like he was giving a straight answer. By the time this year is finished, great player though he is would we really want to have two ageing centres running around in 2016?

My problem is not with him leaving, it is with him starting the rumour mill up again to start a bidding war for his services. Do your negotiations and stop speculating in the press. A good news story for Manly has now been written as a miserable piece about him leaving.

This article just feeds the inevitable crap that we dont want to continue from last season.

I am a huge fan of Stevie but seriously if he is not committed and wants out, the club should let him go now and give the kids that are striving for a chance. Why waste a penny of cap money when it can be used to retain players who want to be at the club!

We need players who are committed, no one is bigger than the club. Joe must be ruthless about this

Stevie if you want out just GO!!

He took a reduced package to keep the team together, he said he will have to play hi ar*se off, in addition wants to be close to his family.

Hope we can somehow keep you but if you have to go, thanks mate: true Manly Champion.

I would totally understand this attitude if the club has said he is not in our plans. But all this garbage is just a follow on from the garbage stirred up by his mate Watmough. And if i hear another one pull the family card. Just admit you are older and you are looking for a pay off in your last contract and you are pissed because the club sees young guys like DCE and Foran as the future and wont stump up big cash. I'm nearly certain that with this latest effort we are a cert to lose Foran. He will have been brainwashed by these blokes. But i reckon DCE will stay.

And the flip side of the "I took a pay cut to stay together" crap is that they also took a pay cut so that the team was better which enabled them so now they are successful valuable premiership winning players that are considered some of the best in the world. Would Matai be worth so much if he took the money and went to the Raiders 6 years ago? no he wouldnt. He would be on his way to Hull with Campo. So it helped them as much as it helped Manly.

Did Kitey make a" song & dance" about
being pushed out......nope.

Will he be remembered as a Manly great.....absolutly!!!

Enough said !!!

Joe Kelly has to stamp this crap out.

We fans just want guys who are committed to play. So sick of them talking about 2016 before a ball is kicked in anger for this season,

Its an insult to the members who spend their money to support the club.

We have good kids coming through, Matai has been a courageous and amazing player but if he wants out the club should let him go now. We have to be able to start 2015 without the daily days of our lives soap opera about player movements!

Mark from Brisbane said:
Did Kitey make a" song & dance" about br
being pushed out......nope.

Will he be remembered as a Manly great.....absolutly!!!

Enough said !!!

So true Mark. and his Penrith deal was done with a minimum of fuss and even Gus was respectful not to carry on about his signing. But Kitey has class as a player and a man and conducted himself respectfully.

Even Campo didnt make a song and dance in the papers about how he was treated by the Raiders, and he had reason to.

Class acts those Queanbeyan boys.

Is it that bad, if he does we have Gutho, Tom t, waiting in wings. He wants a payday I would imagine we cannot do. He not leaking to Danny wielder or other media it destabilise club.
He is honest, facts are we need to look to future the salary cap means wages a increase in successful clubs. I can only see snake and killer maybe matty b finishing career here.

Unfortunately this group of players have turned into a Band Aid that just needs to be ripped off. Its sad because I had such respect for them before this. And i dont include Glenn in this group as he had every reason to get the ****s but managed to move on quietly. It was his whinging mates that have caused the trouble.

At least he's saying the truth. I rather this than him say he's going to re-sign with us, then go elsewhere. Might as well take the higher pay, especially with his neck problem, his playing days are numbered.

If his heart is somewhere else, that's his business. He's put his body on the line for the past 10 years, he owes us nothing. Too many armchair critics.

Unfortunately I think Snake and Foz may not be far behind. What a shame. After achieving so much these guys just don't want to be here any more. The sooner they go the sooner we can move on.

Some players seem intent on destroying the club on the way out.

First Watmore, now Mattai. Foran will probably be next going to Parramatta in the next week or two and then who knows about DCE. He will probably go as well. Snake to the titans perhaps with Mattai?

Seriously are our halves really worth $1m a season?

Do they save lives, do they create something that it going to benefit the world? Cure cancer perhaps?

No they just play a few games of footy each year.

2015 is on track to repeat of 2014.

Sounds like Mattai wants us to cancel his contract now so that he can go elsewhere this season.

**** off the lot of them if they don't want to be here as I am sick and tired of this **** being played out in the media.

Yeah massive disappointment to be hearing this already before a ball is kicked off........ If true and he's still unhappy then he must be let go immediately, we cannot do last year all over again..... Hiku/ Blair to centre and we have options for the wing. Great player over the years but really don't want the same bull$hit as last year.

Look I had chat will dad 12 months ago we both thought gifty would be let go given our halfs up for contract. The way it was handled by toovs, perry and Phil Sidney caused the ****storm.
We would not have had choc leave (who I believe should have been let go at any stage), the still ongoing rumbles of matai and snake.
I have grave concerns we have a coach who has lost control and respect of playing group now in any sport that means coaches goes. The questions must be asked.
Why let a guy go who is in top 5 centres in game, does everyone have forgotten killers nearly Gold Coast signing do we ride him?
Every one seems a bit emotional and precious these days some of you guys needs to take off your skirts for ruggers, it's part of game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4