Is Orford re-signed?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
If he hasn't signed on the dotted line he's just taken at least $100k, maybe more, off the bottom line.  I think the very most he should be offered is one more year on the understanding it's a transition to the Foran era. 

We must make sure we retain Foran beyond 2010.  Orford should hang his head in shame at his diabolical display tonight, and that Foran came on and looked twice the player in his first big game. 

What about Wolfman? Happy to see him go as well.....to think he played for Australia.....

mainly because he is twice the player Matas :)

please dont trot out the "i told you so" line tonight.....

Leave it till tomorrow :)

o_O The irony of watching orford at half time yelling at guys in the dressing room was unbearable. I knew when i saw that we were no way of coming back. Pass the blame little man, show up at 70th min and disapear again in the 75th.

Fro, you and I can trot out the 'I told you so' line about Orford.  I've posted all season that the guy is rubbish and been castigated for it.  I don't like to see him out there.  I just don't see how he inspires any confidence, and this game relies big time on confidence.  

lsz link said:
What about Wolfman? Happy to see him go as well.....to think he played for Australia.....

He has played 40ish NRL games and shown enough to suggest he had a decent career ahead of him. Would come back to bite us if we moved him on

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=lsz link=topic=181683.msg241013#msg241013 date=1252669930]

He has played 40ish NRL games and shown enough to suggest he had a decent career ahead of him. Would come back to bite us if we moved him on
[/quote]

I doubt that - he's an not in the to 25 wingers in the comp

when do you guys understand halves are as good as their forwards allow them to be.

The whole team was terrible..perry, Ballin ( a former poster boy), Kite, bailey's 2nd half, Orford, the choice of playing Lyon, Robbo, Wolfman, JWH, Matai's 1st half, Farrar etc were just off. The penalties....the big hits that missed, the dropped ball at crucial stages. orford can have as much blame as the next guy...but you guys are repetitively narrow minded boring twits.

And as pointed out many times (particularly in the dark years of Monaghan's circle work), it is the responsibility of the halfback and captain to drive the pack forward.  It seemed Foran was more vocal than Orford (except for Orford rah rah session in the sheds at halftime).  Gould pointed out Orford's sideways rubbish at half time - why will he not straighten up?  Is he getting to old to take a hit?

all i am saying the crazy money he was asking for at the start of the year is a dream now.....at this point in time he has too many errors in him

I agree with you totally Mata. I really used to think Orford copped it a bit from the arseholes in the press like Laurie Daley, Gus and Sterlo and thats why he never got picked for Origin unfortunately he proved all those knobs right with that performance he really cant hack the pace of the big games unless our other players completely dominate.

If we lose Foran it will be history repeating itself when we sold off Orford to get Kimmorley from Melbourne we got the worst 2 years of Kimmorleys career and ironically we now have Orford which we got back from Melbourne and he is on a career slide we could lose Foran to keep him. I heard warrington were big players in the Orford talks might be a good idea if he went now either that or sign on with manly for alot less so we can keep Foran.

Either way FORAN MUST BE KEPT!!!!

missing_something link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=181683.msg241024#msg241024 date=1252670472]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you believe that, you must be missing plenty

lsz link said:
all i am saying the crazy money he was asking for at the start of the year is a dream now.....at this point in time he has too many errors in him
  He has never been of the top echelon and is now on the slide.  It would be criminal to lose someone who looks like they will have a long and productive career just to give an unconvincing player a superannuation gratuity. 

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=missing_something link=topic=181683.msg241031#msg241031 date=1252670607]
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=181683.msg241024#msg241024 date=1252670472]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you believe that, you must be missing plenty
[/quote]

Yeah but you think Orfords a good player so what does that say about you, I stand by my comment that on this years form he's not in the top 25 wingers in the comp {EDIT}?  

Let's keep it clean fellas.  We all support the same team.  Matabele

Orford and Williams can leave with my blessing, and they both won't bite us in the future.  Williams just can't defend Kiwi, look at the game man.  All he had to do was stand and grab the guy in that second try movement but no, he went for a miracle intercept or something.  He didn't put his body on the line, never does.    And I'm sick of Orford, he can't tackle either.  Slater's second saw to that.  

LOL, {EDIT}, what a sad little man lol

Name the 25 better ?

And you use this years form to throw the bloke into the rubbish bin ? We would barely have any players at the club if that was the criteria, even Beaver had a bad year or 2 in the early 2000s
The bloke is what, 22 ?? With about 40 1st grade games under his belt, going through a flat patch, which all players do, Foran will probably have one in the next year or 2.

If we used your theory of cutting blokes, then Parramatta would have cut Hayne last season because he was horrendous

hehehehehehe...i see...Gould knows what he talking about now, does he? When it suits....

halves direct a team around the park Mata...not lead forwards into battle...

orford was no better or worse than 75% of the manly side tonight...I'm all for getting a better #7 if there is one available, but ya get tired of  how it's all Orfords fault.

How did that winger score past Wolfman...oh! Freakin' orford!

Kiwi Eagle link said:
LOL, sheep F**ker, what a sad little man lol

Name the 25 better ?

And you use this years form to throw the bloke into the rubbish bin ? We would barely have any players at the club if that was the criteria, even Beaver had a bad year or 2 in the early 2000s
The bloke is what, 22 ?? With about 40 1st grade games under his belt, going through a flat patch, which all players do, Foran will probably have one in the next year or 2.

If we used your theory of cutting blokes, then Parramatta would have cut Hayne last season because he was horrendous

he couldn't tackle last year - he can’t tackle this year - I doubt that will change next year either, but last year he did score a few tries which I'm guessing is what you people in the rugby union nation judge talent on, because there sure isn't any emphasis on defence.

DSM5 link said:
Orford and Williams can leave with my blessing, and they both won't bite us in the future.  Williams just can't defend Kiwi, look at the game man.  All he had to do was stand and grab the guy in that second try movement but no, he went for a miracle intercept or something.  He didn't put his body on the line, never does.    And I'm sick of Orford, he can't tackle either.  Slater's second saw to that.  

Many people have been exposed in an area early on in their careers, and fixed it up DSM. If you toss players aside after 30-40 NRL games, you will never build a decent side and get improvements out of blokes

That one tonight was awful, his main problem, he was in 2 minds and ended up taking neither option

He either had to stand there and try to tackle the bloke, or go 100% for that intercept which was there if good enough. Instead he had a bit of both and was never in the hunt to stop anything

missing_something link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=181683.msg241063#msg241063 date=1252672197]
LOL, sheep F**ker, what a sad little man lol

Name the 25 better ?

You the sad little man my friend

he couldn't tackle last year - he cant tackle this year - I doubt that will change next year either,
[/quote]

So no names for the 25 then ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8