Is Petero too big for his boots?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
Firstly 300 games as a prop is a stunning achievement and he's pretty much done it all and as a player he has my utmost respect.

However the more I read about his comments the more I think old Petero has a massive chip on his shoulder and I'll out line below.

1) he was very out spoken when the panthers sacked Matt Elliott and was critical because the players didn't have a say in the decision.

2) when penrith signed cleary he was again critical supporting georgalis and again saying the players should have had a say.

3) used his last farewell in a panthers publication to have a crack at the panthers board for not letting the players have a say.

From an observer it seems the playing group at penrith were out of control and whilst his efforts on the field were fine at penrith he was contributing off field to the poor culture. Imagine what comments he would of made regarding the recent droppings of coote and jennings.

4) he is always the one shouting the loudest about pay rises for rep games.

5) in last weeks league week he was quoted as saying the players should have a say in the appointment of the next CEO of the Arlc!!!!! Pleaseeeee he may well be smarter than the average first grader but do we really think the current NRL playing group as a whole would have a clue about who is the right person for the role.

Be interested to see what people think? To be balanced I think he shows he probably has the potential with some study to lead the players association in time but he probably needs someone to just tap him on the shoulder and tell him to chill out.

No he's not. He's earned the right to have an opinion. Just like Ben Kennedy used to.

I always thought he was a man of few words. That's how much I spend reading about him.

From what your saying Cam with all his complaints about the Kitty Kat's management it sounds like he left leaving the club a little dejected he didn't bring to the club the success he may have hoped for or promised.

A player of his caliber IMO may feel they owed a GF as departing retirement gift. Probably thinks that the Broncs could achieve that for him hence his gone around for another year.

Please note. Not bagging bloke. Just adding to the topic from different perspective. Personally I think he looks tired especially in SOO2.

My impression of Petro was that it was only when he joined the Panthers that being outspoken came into being. I dont recall much controversy or outspokeness during his tenure at the Broncos or at any time prior to that.

Anything he has said in his time doesnt come close to the rubbish Meninga sprouted (what has Rubgy League done for me?) during SL.

He fits his boots well, Petro does.

Lots of fair comments.

Forgetting about petro (going to have to edit a few spelling errors from first post).

Do any of you believe the players should have a say in the appointment of the new CEO. Being honest that's what lead me to start this thread. That just sounds crazy.

Cameron said:
Lots of fair comments.

Forgetting about petro (going to have to edit a few spelling errors from first post).

Do any of you believe the players should have a say in the appointment of the new CEO. Being honest that's what lead me to start this thread. That just sounds crazy.

By rights the players association should have input Cameron. That input should reflect their position as a stakeholder.

I agree Cam - how many employees choose or even have a say in the CEO, there's the answer. I actually thought the same thing when I read those comments the other week

Jatz Crackers said:
Cameron said:
Lots of fair comments.

By rights the players association should have input Cameron. That input should reflect their position as a stakeholder.

Are they a stakeholder? I don't believe they are, they are to all intents and purposes employees

Petro could have said a lot more about Penrith before he left. Like they're crap. He can say what he likes, he's earned the right. Maybe an Immortal one day.

pretty sure he was sprouting pay stuff when at the bongos.

To me he sounds like a union rep at any company. Been around a while, enjoying the power that he has and yes he is a bit big for his boots but a few extra pairs of socks can fix that.

Should the players association have an input as a stakeholder, sure in this industry but it would be a minor input at most

Any Broncos player needs to keep their mouth shut. That goes for the Storm too.

Cameron said:
Firstly 300 games as a prop is a stunning achievement and he's pretty much done it all and as a player he has my utmost respect.

However the more I read about his comments the more I think old Petero has a massive chip on his shoulder and I'll out line below.

1) he was very out spoken when the panthers sacked Matt Elliott and was critical because the players didn't have a say in the decision.

2) when penrith signed cleary he was again critical supporting georgalis and again saying the players should have had a say.

3) used his last farewell in a panthers publication to have a crack at the panthers board for not letting the players have a say.

4) he is always the one shouting the loudest about pay rises for rep games.

5) in last weeks league week he was quoted as saying the players should have a say in the appointment of the next CEO of the Arlc!!!!!

Be interested to see what people think? (lol - dangerous)

Sounds like he's has a lot to say!

More seriously (ouch):

I don't think players should get to have official input into the new ceo - such as veto powers or votes, etc. They can voice their opinion if they want.

This players association has to change. Isn't it paid for by the NRL and housed in their offices?

It's one of the weakest, toothless 'players union' I've seen. And I've seen like 4!

The players should look at the NHLPA to see how things should/could run.

Maybe they just don't care enough, I'm not sure.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6