Is there any truth in this...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

PJ

Bencher
Got this on email this morning and was going to test it out this arvo (in the name of journalism) but thought I see if any of you guys can verify it....

FYI

If you should ever be forced by a robber to withdraw money from an ATM
machine, you can notify the police by entering your Pin # in reverse.

For example if your pin number is 1234 then you would put in 4321.

The ATM recognizes that your pin number is backwards from the ATM card
you placed in the machine. The machine will still give you the money
you requested, but unknown to the robber, the police will be immediately
dispatched to help you.

This information was recently broadcasted on TV and it states that it is
seldom used because people don't know it exists.

Please pass this along to everyone possible

Australian Federal Police.

It's bull****

http://www.snopes.com/business/bank/pinalert.asp

In theory not a bad idea but not something at all practical you do it 3 times, police are going to take on average 30 minutes to get there, you are one beaten bruised or dead hombre by then

I guess the better system would be a panic code that blocked more than say $50 or $100 being withdrawn from the account and locking access would be more effective as it would show the "robber" that, is allt eh available funds and therefore cause no further hassles, hopefully

Give them all your money and then sue the bank for not offering adequate protection while you use their facilities.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4