Is this wierd or what?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
The post match functions are being held at Harbord Diggers and not the Leagues Club??  Please explain??

Sea Eagles members who cannot attend the New Zealand function, don't be disappointed! We will have a post match function at the Harbord Diggers after we play the Sharks in round 5. The Sea Eagles Toyota Cup and NRL squad will be in attendance, with a select number of players available for autographs. Please tune in next week for more information.
Wishing everyone a very happy long weekend!

Aren't they a sponsor ? Might be part of the sponsorship package they negotiated

Yes they are & could be part of the package.  Not exactly convenient for members who have just been to a match Brookie, personally I would have thought the leagues Club (being part owners, sponsors themselves) would want the team at the their club.

I'm with Wheel. This is obviously driven by the Diggers being a sponsor but it will take away from League Club patronage after the game and it is damn inconvenient.

Some people obviously still have the misconception that the game is in any way shape or form for the mug punter like us that alks through the gate, the corporates will probably all be bussed down there and like has been said already, the Diggers are a spoonsor so there is more money.

Fro link said:
Some people obviously still have the misconception that the game is in any way shape or form for the mug punter like us that alks through the gate, the corporates will probably all be bussed down there and like has been said already, the Diggers are a spoonsor so there is more money.
  ssshhhhhh.....  Don't tell vidmar, you'll crush him.  ;)

I suppose the club figures that going to the Diggers is like going back to the seventies but is better than going to the leagues club which is like a morge with poker machines.

For those males attending the after game functions at the Diggers complusory dress requirements will be body shirts and flares with cowboy or desert boots.

A disco will also be held with no noise or capacity restrictions in a room designed to fit 200 but will actually hold 1,000 on the night.  Vomiting and urinating in neighbors front yards is acceptable as is also being thrown of the Diggers courtesy bus at Queenscliff.

Julian Clary will also be making a guest appearance.

For those blokes who don't have a girlfriend you will be able to pick up one of Johhny Gibb's cast offs on the night.  

Ah yes the Diggers club of the late seventies and early eighties.

This will be my last game for some time. I am off to Port on the 14th and then will have to see when I can get back for any games. I'll try for the GC game too. I hope to have as many beers as I can with all my long-time supporters so wherever they go after the game is where I will be.

And to get into the Diggers you have to either be a Diggers member or a member of an RSL club. Being a Manly Leagues Club member won't do - that is unless things have changed in the last few years.

I got told this cheery news when I tried to front up a few years back to see a mate playing music there. I then managed to con another mate who was working on the door at the car park entrance with my sob story and everything worked out fine  ;)

Can anyone enlighten us if this rule is still in force regarding Leagues Club membership not being acceptable for entry to the Diggers?

brookiegreg link said:
And to get into the Diggers you have to either be a Diggers member or a member of an RSL club. Being a Manly Leagues Club member won't do - that is unless things have changed in the last few years.

I got told this cheery news when I tried to front up a few years back to see a mate playing music there. I then managed to con another mate who was working on the door at the car park entrance with my sob story and everything worked out fine  ;)

Can anyone enlighten us if this rule is still in force regarding Leagues Club membership not being acceptable for entry to the Diggers?

If you are a digger can you get into the diggers?

Fluffy link said:
[quote author=brookiegreg link=topic=182882.msg257753#msg257753 date=1270107539]

If you are a digger can you get into the diggers?
[/quote]

Any active service men and women are automatically eligable for entry, if you are retired then you would need to be a member of a RSL sub-branch.

Anyway it has been common practice at most RSL and Diggers clubs for a while now that sports clubs have been accepted as similar organisations and membership has been acceptable to gain entry, I couldnt speak for the Diggers but you would have no problem entering most RSLs with your club card.

Tokyo I know when the Northern Eagles took games up to Gosford there were reports at the time that for each game up there the Leagues Club lost either $100K turnover or profit.

So it would be a fair chunk of dollars over the whole season if the post game crowd when to Diggers

The Leagues Club is looking to redevelop and with all the hassle that involved, ie. getting the support from council and state planning authorities then perhaps minimising profits is in their PR interest.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6