ISC Marvel Superheros Jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eggson

Bencher
Don't know if anyone's noticed, ISC are doing a superhero jersey round in a couple of weeks (rnd 21?) and Manly is one of 5 teams - Cows, Easts, Dragons, Raiders with a Marvel comics/movie-related jersey.

There's a youtube teaser out there, you can make out some items in there suggesting the characters - shield for Captain America, science lab for the Hulk etc.

Looks like someone at LU has found out who goes with which team, so head on over there if you want a spoiler.

Some will love the idea, some will absolutely hate it, depends on how it's viewed. Attracting kids? Selling out? Who knows. I've loved comics since i was a kid so this is kinda cool.

Supernintendo Chalmers said:

To me, the pic of NQ Cowboy's Ashton Sims looks like David 'Wolfman' Williams and the pic of Canberra's Paul Vaughan looks like Braith Anasta
icon_rolleyes.gif

Wolverine is depicted in a white singlet on most promos. Why couldn't the Manly Marvel Jersey be white, with maroon claw marks :huh:

Gold or yellow, it is still Parra colours :-/

Hope that the Club gets a motza for selling out their Fans' tribal colours at least :cool:

In the comics woverine is always yellow. Your thinking about Hugh's Jackmans version (which I assume is why they gave it to us). But a white singlet is lame.

It'll still be weird for the boys I'm sure. On a Friday night at brooky running out in yellow :) I'm sure the broncos will have their moroon jerseys on

damiennp90 said:

In the comics woverine is always yellow. Your thinking about Hugh's Jackmans version (which I assume is why they gave it to us). But a white singlet is lame.

Never been into comics - so Wolverine is actually a Parra Hero :D

It will be bizarre cheering for a Blue&Gold jersey at Brookie :s

eggson said:
There was a brown/yellow getup back in the day which could match better to Manly, though i doubt many people would recall...

Wolverine_001.jpg

Man i feel nerdy

Nerd I feel Manly...lol.

The Big Bang Theory has made comics and nerdism somewhat cool anyway, mate.

Is this promotion actually for any good cause or reason, beyond a novelty promotion??

Nothing about a cause in the Membets email that came today.

Probably just a straight promotion for a Movie Franchise.

Few years back the Tigers had some movie on their jersey. So its just to sell a new Jersey design. :cool:

Yeah same as when the Rabbids wore their Superman Jersey (to promote Rusty's movie)

I'm not being a killjoy but I'm not real keen on that gold design , at first glance.

Maybe I'll warm to the idea; and I certainly hope we are being richly rewarded for donning it!

The Who said:
I hope the club is getting a lot of money for this.
For me, it's an insult to our proud colours; Marketing gone mad.
Reminds me of the time that Parramatta come decked out in light blue to promote a blue M&M.

It's for the kids. We scored the best of the lot, with Wolverine. For a one-off, I'm not fussed. I would expect that exposure with this character and one of our biggest supporters in Jackman, could be a benefit to us.

damiennp90 said:
It'll still be weird for the boys I'm sure. On a Friday night at brooky running out in yellow :) I'm sure the broncos will have their moroon jerseys on

I'm sure that it would be no different to the time that we wore this one ANZAC Day weekend:

577931_10150844888585993_2226747359.jpg

I'm pretty sure that we wore a green jersey for a game back around 2007 too.

Its fn orange. If it was maroon and white it would be cool.

I bought the anzac jersey after seeing a picture lacking bright colours. It could have been awesome, If only it had some army green and maroon patches instead of brown and bloody hell pastels.

Jethro said:
I'm sure that it would be no different to the time that we wore this one ANZAC Day weekend:

577931_10150844888585993_2226747359.jpg

My better half won't let me wear that one outside.

Anyway, A promo is a promo. Hopefully it gets the club some cash, some people and kids get a jersey they like, and we remain top of the ladder and under the radar.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4