Issues that need attention

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
Hi guys for us to pick up our game and make a charge for this top four spot , i believe we need to fix a few things in our game......

Our kicking game..... we never seem to find open space and the length compared to other teams seems to come up short, and the lack of repeat set due to our kicking will hurt us.

Letting the bomb bounce.... jorge and Brett are letting them bounce, teams will have noticed the efforts of jorge on the wing under the cross field kick and bombs , lets hope he gets plenty of practice at training... he doesn't seem to leave the ground to attack the ball, and Brett's effort to get down on the grubber that Norrie scored from was poor..... no body was put on the line to save that try, and its these small extra efforts that make all the difference in the close ones.

theses are a couple of things Ive noticed , I'm sure you guys may have noticed others, please add.....this is not a bitch session at our great club but , pointing out some glaring issues that we need to address.

Our line speed this year has been a tad ordinary, ive found myself yelling at the tv saying move up !!! Especially when we are on our try line we dont seem to move up as aggresively as last year, we seem to be caught out on our heels quite alot. Our kick chase has been ordinary also, in front of the kicker ? and then a stagnant line in defence. Little things that can be easily fixed, they just need to trsut some new combinations and the ability of each others play !

IT'S THE DEFENSIVE PATTERN!!!!!!!

I've been saying it since round 1 and nothing has changed. Last season we had a distinct up and in style of defence with good line speed that forced oppositions to the middle where our forwards belted them. Now we have no line speed and are sliding.

This is an obvious and simple fix, but Toovey has persisted this long so I don't expect any changes until the new coach arrives.

Ralphie said:
IT'S THE DEFENSIVE PATTERN!!!!!!!

I've been saying it since round 1 and nothing has changed. Last season we had a distinct up and in style of defence with good line speed that forced oppositions to the middle where our forwards belted them. Now we have no line speed and are sliding.

This is an obvious and simple fix, but Toovey has persisted this long so I don't expect any changes until the new coach arrives.

We are getting a new coach? About time they replaced "DESSIE08".

CEagle got it right imo. We are not playing as well as last year. Someone else noted that our season has a 2009 feeling, and I am starting to agree. We have played well against top sides, but our passion drops off markedly when we are expected to win. We have been hit by injuries, DCE and Foz are not playing as well as last year, our forwards are ageing and we lost two fantastic wingers.
I'm waiting in hope that we will be full strength leading up to the finals and we will press our claims for the premiership.

The way we have been playing we are lucky to be still in the eight. The Broncos,Dogs,Tigers,Raiders & Roosters games were all very lucky wins and could very easily have been losses. We dont have the enthusiasm in defense and our attack is hesitant and disjointed. Too many players are more concerned with their bank balances than actually playing football this year.

The Who said:
CEagle got it right imo. We are not playing as well as last year. Someone else noted that our season has a 2009 feeling, and I am starting to agree. We have played well against top sides, but our passion drops off markedly when we are expected to win. We have been hit by injuries, DCE and Foz are not playing as well as last year, our forwards are ageing and we lost two fantastic wingers.
I'm waiting in hope that we will be full strength leading up to the finals and we will press our claims for the premiership.

Our forwards are going to be another 3 months older in September

Definitely need to find the grass more often on the long kicks. That's just giving away metres by lobbing down their throats.

DCE and Foran are our main problem, their kicking game has not been up to standard this year. I also think Toovey needs to consider looking to the future and start blooding the young kids, otherwise I fear we are in for a very bad year next year.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Only the Storm and Dogs have a better defensive record than us, can't be as bad as being made out

Maybe statistically... anyone who watched us play last year will look at us this year and tell you we not effective as we were last year.

And btw injuries is not an excuse, everyone keeps going on about our injuries and suspension i DO NOT believe thats an excuse, just off the top of my head last year i remember hoppa jnr and trex being out for 6 week period because of hammy tears and we kept going and also the game after the battle of brookie against the broncos were we lost all those players and we nearly ended up beating them!

So against Melbourne for instance, having Matai, Trex, Wolfman and Glenn Stewart (for most of the game) missing is not an adequate reason as to why we've been under performing? Serious? It's been the same way all season.

I'm confident if we can get all hands on deck soon we'll be in the top 4.

I'm starting to think the injuries will kill us this year. They just keep coming one after another. Even if everyone is on deck at the end of the year they won't be as cohesive as if they have been playing together week in week out.

Melbourne are looking good for the title this year imo. The surprise contender is the Bulldogs. I knew Des would improve them but I didn't expect them to be where they are. I actually think they can give it a shake.

Having a full team will help.

Our kicking game is not to bad, Melbournes is by far the best which made ours look worse on Monday. The are which would help is our back 3 positionally working a bit as a unit to cover space. Snake defends a bit close to the defensive line than most fullbacks, his talk is a big help, but it does leave a lot of space to kick in behind. When we've got teams pinged in and kicking from deep our wingers have to be a little more adventurous and instead of always defending the 40/20 come infield a bit more, especially if they are the fare sided winger. That being said, I really don't think we have too much trouble getting out of our own end either. I still think we are capable of bettering anyteam when we don't give away penalties and make minimal errors. Thats why I still think we are more than capable of taking out this premiership because our best is more than good enough to do so.

The issue of defence and attack always comes down to combinations working together. We haven't had any consistency in this area all year. Foz on a busted leg doesn't help either. If we can get the same combinations for 4 weeks or more then there would be a huge improvement.

We are going along ok. We will finish somewhere between 2-4.

However, Ive said it before and I'll say it again. Without Glenn Stewart we are buggered. DCE gets lost when Glenn is not there and tries too hard and ends up running around in circles.

Our left side attack now that Foran is back (and with Matai returning) is as good as it gets, but we cannot rely on that side everytime. Its our ability to attack both sides which makes us so dangerous but without Glenn there it falls apart.

ManlyBacker said:
The issue of defence and attack always comes down to combinations working together. We haven't had any consistency in this area all year. Foz on a busted leg doesn't help either. If we can get the same combinations for 4 weeks or more then there would be a huge improvement.

Didnt foz say on tuesday that he feels really fresh atm?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6