Issues with crap on the ME Bulletin Board

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
media
Administrator

45 Posts Posted - 02 Feb 2005 : 10:19:50 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The dangers of the Bulletin Board are never more in evidence than the posting yesterday (Tuesday) regarding the side in a hotel in the Rocks.
Yes the side did have lunch yesterday at the Captain Cook Hotel which is owned by a club sponsor and long time supporter.
Yes the team did have a few hours together after a team lunch.
What the eager to post person didn't say was that the team went to the hotel on a team bus and returned to Brookvale together on the bus.
And the side was accompanied by the club executive director Paul Cummings,the chairman Joe Cross,the head coach Des Hasler,the assistant coach Dennis moore,the recruitment manager Noel Cleal,the Football Manager,the head trainers,phsiotherapist,skills coach and even the gear steward.
It was a pleasant few hours of team bonding and good fun,seemingly away from the public eye.
But in this day and age not even the most innocent of days can pass without some people suggesting the side spends too much time in pubs.It was a pleasant break from the torrid program they have been working at since last November.The team spirit is bubbling and the club can't wait for the premiership to begin.It isn't unusual for a professional side to have an afternoon out together.
PS - A good number of the squad are tee totallers and were on mineral water or orange juice for the entire day! If you are going to play policeman tell the full story please! - Media

thats a fair enough comment too.

Whilst w might be negitive sometimes it appears people go all out to attack the team or say they are doing wrong.

What was the original post?

Apparently one of the ME posters got a call from his brother saying he was having "beers" with the Manly boys at a pub down at the Rocks (may not be the exact context but similar). There a few replies saying that should be training etc etc but overall most were supportive of the team.

Its actually a very smart thing for media to release a statement on it though. Given the news at the moment and current climate, it could have been bad news.

So well done Zorba, looks like the media relations team are becoming a lot better.

As was said on the thread - a man's not a camel.

Sounds like a good outing and worthwhile as a team exercise. More strength to their arm (and their occassionally bended elbows).

Well done to media for clearing it up. Even though he shouldn't have to. Jees there allowed to have a life!

The Managing Directors of the most critical companies would have a relaxing drink at night.

To put this in perspective too, Chelsea Football Club often have bonding sessions in a pub in or around Chelsea. That team is worth around 40 million pounds. Their fans to complain about things like this.

Get a life people.

As long as it's only legal substances, it aint hurting anyone...

Oh yeah - I saw an interesting photo of the guys (test squad) in England...enjoying a drink in a pub / dancing etc...

Why can't the fellas at Manly?

PS: Saw Beaver at The Wharf Bar the other night....Looked lighter & fitter than I have EVER seen him !!!

The worry is after last season if they are heading to the pub on a regular basis they will continue to only be able to play one good half of footy. The other half will be spent thinking about the pub.

I can't see any harm in team lunches / bonding sessions . Dave Millward is supposedly a minder for the team when they are out socially & his role is to report back to management if any unruly behaviour occurs.

Yesterdays Daily Telegraph confidential page stated that Steve Menzies was spotted in the moshpit at the Slipknot concert at the Hordern Pavillion last Saturday night. Hope he escaped injury free. Having personally been in moshpits for bands such as Nirvana , Ramones , Mudhoney & Neds Atomic Dustbin , I must say it is quite easy to roll an ankle or receive a size 16 boot to the side of the head.It makes a lunch / few drinks at the Rocks seem fairly harmless.

This is a storm in a teacup. If it had have been at 3 am at the Cross with training at 7 am it would have been a worry.

In team gear at a pub of a sponsor there is no issue.

I can see why media put out the press release. It was only the innuendo of one or two ME posters suggesting that getting on the grog was good training that confused a few people.

The poll we had on this issue lasted one day because it was 100% "Everything in moderation". Bit of a no-brainer really.

blame me. i started the tongue in cheek comments in that thread.

but i was just joking. Some people have no sense of humour :lol:

Nothing wrong with having a few beers and enjoying time with your team mates. As long as our boys don't go out the night before a game to get absolutly **** faced and off there heads on E.

Dunno what the fuss was all over on this one. I would be more worried about the blokes drinking Orange Juice! :blink:

I can't see any harm in team lunches / bonding sessions . Dave Millward is supposedly a minder for the team when they are out socially & his role is to report back to management if any unruly behaviour occurs.

Yesterdays Daily Telegraph confidential page stated that Steve Menzies was spotted in the moshpit at the Slipknot concert at the Hordern Pavillion last Saturday night. Hope he escaped injury free. Having personally been in moshpits for bands such as Nirvana , Ramones , Mudhoney & Neds Atomic Dustbin , I must say it is quite easy to roll an ankle or receive a size 16 boot to the side of the head.It makes a lunch / few drinks at the Rocks seem fairly harmless.

Neds Atomic Dustbin-That IS tragic!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4