It happens to everyone ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
Premium Member
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Souths already struggling to hold players:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/south-sydney-rabbitohs-fight-to-keep-nrl-premiership-stars-beyond-2015/story-e6frf3uu-1227101289417?from=public_rss

Bull****, they have still thrown big dollars at Tim Grant, Glenn Stewart & also Walker from The Storm. That's on top of upgrading guys like Isaac Luke and Chris McQueen.

They use the same brown paper bags as The Roosters.

The South Sydney (SS) club IMHO will continue to go from strength to strength. No one will be able to compete with them.

This is no misplaced loyalty for South Sydney by the way. But with the wealth of Packer I foresee 25 third party deals that won't get counted in the salary c(r)ap. Along with the CEO Smith saying he'd break the c(r)ap to keep certain SS players. :mad:

In a few years unless something changes I'd say no other team except for maybe Brisbane, Melbourne, Easts or Dogs will have a chance of keeping up with them.

The rest of us will simply make up the top eight, unless we operate a rival league with teams like Manly, Balmain, Wests, Newcastle, Norths, Newtown and maybe a few others that would like to leave the NRL.:cool:

Daddycool08 said:
The South Sydney (SS) club IMHO will continue to go from strength to strength. No one will be able to compete with them.

This is no misplaced loyalty for South Sydney by the way. But with the wealth of Packer I foresee 25 third party deals that won't get counted in the salary c(r)ap. Along with the CEO Smith saying he'd break the c(r)ap to keep certain SS players. :mad:

In a few years unless something changes I'd say no other team except for maybe Brisbane, Melbourne, Easts or Dogs will have a chance of keeping up with them.

The rest of us will simply make up the top eight, unless we operate a rival league with teams like Manly, Balmain, Wests, Newcastle, Norths, Newtown and maybe a few others that would like to leave the NRL.:cool:
Its already a two-tier competition. Why not just formalise it?
The only trouble is that pesky Manly club. 1st tier football standard, 2nd tier Home ground, TV ratings.

Daddycool08 said:

The NRL need to be very careful about this, plenty of people were sick of it being either the Storm or Manly, so they are soon going to get sick of those four.

They risk it becoming just like the UK Super League, pretty much it's the top 4 with the rest just making up the numbers .

May as well play the top 8 as tier 1, the bottom 8 as tier 2. Two Grand Finals on the same day , and the club which finished 8th in the top goes back to the 2nd tier, and the GF winner from tier 2 gets into tier 1 the next year .

Mind you that would suck as well but that's what we almost have now.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Its already a two-tier competition. Why not just formalise it?
The only trouble is that pesky Manly club. 1st tier football standard, 2nd tier Home ground, TV ratings.

Our problem is that we only have 2nd tier political and NRL contacts. We aren't on the A-list when it comes to having string pullers on speed dial.

I wont be surprised if the burgess boys all end up playing english rugby.

Especially if Sam does well.

Their young players making the Kangaroos team won't help their cause. Some of these guys will probably play origin too.

If it's going to be a genuine salary cap, then the third party deal situation needs to be sorted out pronto. When was the last time Canberra featured in a preliminary final?!

I have a feeling the salary cap was as much about preventing clubs from going broke, as it was about evening the spread of talent. Now that the NRL are making big money off TV rights, they don't give a stuff who takes out the title; if it's Souths for the next ten years, they'd probably be ecstatic.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2