It Has Started

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
MANLY chairman Scott Penn is willing to buy the shares of the Sea Eagles' other private owners to put an end to the behind-the-scenes squabbling that has fuelled claims Des Hasler initially fell out with the club over attempts to impose a series of key-performance indicators on him.

Read the full article

Well f*** me......he should of not have been dealt with like this to the point he is now leaving and for that I feel sorry for him. Hopefully staying with us for another year and the needed changes take place from the top right down to the janitor, having the right board and ownership hopefully will actually change his mind and extend his stay here @ Manly until he's 100.

Changing the constitution especially just to suit one person's agenda is a HUGE ask but if it removes the rats and gets us back on track well then I'll vote for the change.

disgusting thats the only word for it.

You rocket scientists should hang your heads in shame no wonder des left for less money. What arrogant sods well done lads we just lost the second best coach in the game because of you morons.

Matabele said:
Has Delmege sold his house yet? Sounds like he could do with some liquid capital.

Oh, and since the Federal Government has stopped the ridiculous solar hot water slush fund program, take it as read that Qantam are in all sorts.

Nope, and the price keeps dropping

http://www.domain.com.au/Property/For-Sale/House/NSW/Mona-Vale/?adid=2009078182

It is being sold under receiver's instructions so Max won't be walking away with any capital from the sale anyway and based on the plummeting sale price the bank will be taking a hit too.

MadMarcus said:
Matabele said:
Has Delmege sold his house yet? Sounds like he could do with some liquid capital.

Oh, and since the Federal Government has stopped the ridiculous solar hot water slush fund program, take it as read that Qantam are in all sorts.

Nope, and the price keeps dropping

http://www.domain.com.au/Property/For-Sale/House/NSW/Mona-Vale/?adid=2009078182

It is being sold under receiver's instructions so Max won't be walking away with any capital from the sale anyway and based on the plummeting sale price the bank will be taking a hit too.

Legal question if Max Delmege is in bankurptcy court how can he still sit on the Board of Manly Leagues Club??? I didnt think that was possible.

I may be shouted down, but to my reckoning Des is a touch arrogant if he feels KPI's don't apply to him, afterall he is paid to do a job - and you need to measure their success somehow! Lets face it most of us have KPIs in our job, we expect them.

Cambo said:

You rocket scientists should hang your heads in shame no wonder des left for less money. What arrogant sods well done lads we just lost the second best coach in the game because of you morons.

I don't know if I believe Des left for less money. Wouldn't have surprised me if he had already agreed to the Dogs before our revised offer.

That sounds good in theory, but I'm hesitant to hand over control to just one person, as good as his intentions may seem. If we did you'd want to hope that the preference share is all it's cracked up to be, because it would be pretty easy to end up with another Northern Eagles if a commercially driven owner decides he's had enough of making losses.

Having said that though, the current structure is not working so something needs to be done so that the club isn't allegedly held to ransom by one individual.

voicefromthehill said:
I may be shouted down, but to my reckoning Des is a touch arrogant if he feels KPI's don't apply to him, afterall he is paid to do a job - and you need to measure their success somehow! Lets face it most of us have KPIs in our job, we expect them.

I would call 2 premierships in 4 years a pretty good measure of success, couple that with consistently making the finals year in, year out and really, hard to say he was under performing,

Chip and Chase said:
That sounds good in theory, but I'm hesitant to hand over control to just one person, as good as his intentions may seem. If we did you'd want to hope that the preference share is all it's cracked up to be, because it would be pretty easy to end up with another Northern Eagles if a commercially driven owner decides he's had enough of making losses.

Having said that though, the current structure is not working so something needs to be done so that the club isn't allegedly held to ransom by one individual.

Should definitely be a concern. People have said we only want business men on the board. Footy clubs are different to normal businesses where some decisions simply come down to the bottom line and if that starts happening the club can change dramatically after one meeting.

Daniel said:
voicefromthehill said:
I may be shouted down, but to my reckoning Des is a touch arrogant if he feels KPI's don't apply to him, afterall he is paid to do a job - and you need to measure their success somehow! Lets face it most of us have KPIs in
our job, we expect them.

I would call 2 premierships in 4 years a pretty good measure of success, couple that with
consistently making the finals year in, year out and really, hard to say he was under performing,

don't disagree at all - but what is wrong with formalizing something for the future?

voicefromthehill said:
Daniel said:
voicefromthehill said:
I may be shouted down, but to my reckoning Des is a touch arrogant if he feels KPI's don't apply to him, afterall he is paid to do a job - and you need to measure their success somehow! Lets face it most of us have KPIs in
our job, we expect them.

I would call 2 premierships in 4 years a pretty good measure of success, couple that with
consistently making the finals year in, year out and really, hard to say he was under performing,

don't disagree at all - but what is wrong with formalizing something for the future?

How do you KPI something like your number one player (B Stewart for example) copping a season ending injury in Round 1 ?

There is only one KPI valid for a coach, and that is finals success. Des has achieved this in spades.

That is true, but I still fail to see the issue with saying if we are going to pay you this cash we want this type of result (be it finals or gf appearance) in the futur (all things being equal with your playing roster). But of course I'm not privy to what went down so an just speculating anyway

voicefromthehill said:

What should his KPI's be? Win premierships and create a sucessful team which makes the semi finals each year? Few would argue that he hasn't met his KPI's.

I can totally understand him not wanting to be tied down by any other KPI's because there are things outside of his control - such as the club at one stage facing a loss of $1,4m which would effect how much he is able to pay his support staff, NSW and toyota cup team funding etc.

It would be different if we were a club that had unlimited funding like the dogs, Parra etc because of strong league club etc

I wonder of the league club board have KPI's? if they do then I would suggest that they have failed for years and have only survived the years by selling of valuable assest such as the car park where Travelodge is and the leagues club to Penn.

Cambo said:

What do you mean second best coach. In my opinion he is the best coach.

I wonder if the Bears could have nipped the Taylor vs Louis problem in the bud with a kpi. My point being, if there is unrest and revolt mongering within any orginization, who does the bud nipping? I'd imagine the board. The Bears made the finals ( and failed to go all the way ) throughout the 90's. Was that because Taylor was a good captain or because Louis was a good coach? Should they have nipped one? Either way they were at each others throats and divided the club between them. If Des, Zorba and his followers were not happy with the club turfing Zorba etc and decided amongst themselves to revolt and cause as much chaos to the club as possible, ( in the words of other forum users ) who has the clubs best interests at heart?
Des is a proffesional and has said he will honour his contract and it will be business as usual next year. Give him the chance to do that and give Toovey a much stronger role in preparing the team each week. The only problem is, will Des accept and utilise any Toovey input or will he feel threatened and want total control?

tookey said:
voicefromthehill said:

What should his KPI's be? Win premierships and create a sucessful team which makes the semi finals each year? Few would argue that he hasn't met his KPI's.

I can totally understand him not wanting to be tied down by any other KPI's because there are things outside of his control - such as the club at one stage facing a loss of $1,4m which would effect how much he is able to pay his support staff, NSW and toyota cup team funding etc.

It would be different if we were a club that had unlimited funding like the dogs, Parra etc because of strong league club etc

I wonder of the league club board have KPI's? if they do then I would suggest that they have failed for years and have only survived the years by selling of valuable assest such as the car park where Travelodge is and the leagues club to Penn.

Its too subjective KPI's for such a job - and how do you rate the effect of injuries or suspensions as we saw at key times during 2009-2010

KPI's are the sort of thing that an accountant would have wanted for Des (I'm thinking Peter Spray but might be wrong about him).

These sort of things would make perfect sense for an accountant so maybe Geoff Toovey will be fine with KPI's haha :D

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6