It is just Unfair...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chrisos

Reserve Grader
Of course the fallout of the Storm scandal has manly repercussions and possible after effects or scenarios,but just for one i was thinking:Since they get to play on this season (albeit for no points on the table) isn't it unfair on the opposition team whos playing them as the storm have a heavily stacked side,sure if the storm win they get no competition points,but also the opposition team are cheated of 2 points playing against a team that is heavily over the cap,full of some of the best in the NRL.Not really fair,the storm should be made to field a team that complies with the cap restriction as early as this weekend,in order to have a fair game played.

No I think its fine. Everyone gets the same chance at getting 2 points against the cheats. If you beat them you get the points, if you lose you get the points - just like every other team in the comp.

What would be unfair is if Storm got poitnts for the win etc.

I actually meant *many repercussions* not *Manly* btw,
Yea ads but it doesnt change the face that the opposition still has to try to beat a team that is loaded up illegally with stars.

I listened to Andrew Voss on the radio this morning and hes is of the same opinion as you chrisos. He made quite a few valid points on it.

He's lost as to how the NRL can allow them to continue playing until they are under the salary cap. They may not acrue any more points this season but they can sure as hell stop other teams from getting theirs. In that instance how can the NRL continue to allow them to play a super side against teams abiding by the rules.

Strip them or premierships, minors fine them but not make them fix this years breach?

ads link said:
No I think its fine. Everyone gets the same chance at getting 2 points against the cheats. If you beat them you get the points, if you lose you get the points - just like every other team in the comp.

ads how do u mean if they lose they get the points,surely the team playing the storm,if they lose to the storm they dont get the 2 points for losing.

If the Storm wins, nobody gets the points. If the Storm lose, the winner gets the points.

Pretty simple really.

Flip link said:
I listened to Andrew Voss on the radio this morning and hes is of the same opinion as you chrisos. He made quite a few valid points on it.

He's lost as to how the NRL can allow them to continue playing until they are under the salary cap. They may not acrue any more points this season but they can sure as hell stop other teams from getting theirs. In that instance how can the NRL continue to allow them to play a super side against teams abiding by the rules.

Strip them or premierships, minors fine them but not make them fix this years breach?
Yes,my point exactly,They can sure as hell stop the other team getting a fair chance of claiming the 2 points,F u storm.

I have no problem with the current way of handling it.

If you beat them good on you, you deserve the extra points and march up the ladder, if you lose well you had the same chance as everyone else.

Fair is fair.

To make a team play the against storm and not get any points is ridiculous and to introduce a bye whereby everyone gets to points  would mean there is no advantage to anyone and particularly to those who have already played them.

If you make them offload players to get back under the cap, then the teams that play them going forward get an advantage over the 76 teams who have already played them.

So the fairest for everyone is to make the storm play for nothing and the rest of the teams play for the chance at something. This provides the most level playing field for all

Duff link said:
If the Storm wins, nobody gets the points. If the Storm lose, the winner gets the points.

Pretty simple really.

OK consider this. The Storm are all indignant and fired up for the next 2 weeks about the injustice of it all and turn up to play and smash their opposition to take out some frustration. The season drags on and they begin to wonder about the point of it all and the motivation levels drop and they start to lose games they would normally win. Perhaps a couple of their star players are implicated in the whole affair and are subsequently stood down by the NRL. As you can imagine at this level of sport the mental application is where the battle is won. They had something to play for up till yesterday, now they don't have anything to play for except for a bit of personal pride. How is it fair to the sides that have already played them, or will play them in the next couple of weeks compared to those who play them at the end of the season when they are just going through the motions and a few superstars are lounging on the sidelines. It's bull$hit. They should just boot them out of the comp this year and make their game a bye, AS WELL AS retrospectively award 2 points to all the sides who have already played them and lost this year. That is the only fair result, anything else is a joke.  

chrisos link said:
[quote author=ads link=topic=183119.msg260351#msg260351 date=1271989812]

ads how do u mean if they lose they get the points,surely the team playing the storm,if they lose to the storm they dont get the 2 points for losing.
[/quote]

Sorry meant don't get the points. But its even for each team. Everyone plays the Storm cheats, and has equal difficulty in trying to get the two points. So to me its fair for the other 15 clubs.

If we beat the Storm and get 2 points, but Titans lose to the Storm, well that's cause we did better than the Titans so we deserve the points.

The Storm however deserve no points cause they are cheats.

Crusher_Cleal link said:
What about for the teams that have to play the Storm twice? Surely that's not fair?

That is a very good point, and probably the only not 'fair' thing about this method.

But clubs will just have to suck it up I suppose, life isn't fair.

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=183119.msg260357#msg260357 date=1271990339]

Pretty simple really.

OK consider this. The Storm are all indignant and fired up for the next 2 weeks about the injustice of it all and turn up to play and smash their opposition to take out some frustration. The season drags on and they begin to wonder about the point of it all and the motivation levels drop and they start to lose games they would normally win. Perhaps a couple of their star players are implicated in the whole affair and are subsequently stood down by the NRL. As you can imagine at this level of sport the mental application is where the battle is won. They had something to play for up till yesterday, now they don't have anything to play for except for a bit of personal pride. How is it fair to the sides that have already played them, or will play them in the next couple of weeks compared to those who play them at the end of the season when they are just going through the motions and a few superstars are lounging on the sidelines. It's bull$hit. They should just boot them out of the comp this year and make their game a bye, AS WELL AS retrospectively award 2 points to all the sides who have already played them and lost this year. That is the only fair result, anything else is a joke.  
[/quote]

So Manly get 2 points for beating the cheats, and the teams who lost to them also get 2 points?

That's fcuking stupid.

How are the NRL going to control the perception of the Storm throwing games in the latter rounds to influence the make up of the final 8?

Matabele link said:
How are the NRL going to control the perception of the Storm throwing games in the latter rounds to influence the make up of the final 8?

They wont. Since when did the NRL ever think that deeply?

There's another thing to consider.  Manly got the 2 points for beating the Storm plus they also got points to help their F/A (although only +2 for their difference).  The F/A might be important for the lower teams trying to get into the semi's.

The only bad thing that I can see is injuries to players that have to play them.

It's too late to kick them out this season as it would have been best to have found all of this cheating before a ball had been kicked this season.  The NRL could have then re-introduced a bye and give everybody 2 points.  It is just our bad luck that we have already played them and won our 2 points the hard way so we will just have to live with it.

I think that the only way that the Storm would possibly keep putting in for the rest of the season is for prospective Rep duties and possibly for a bit of pride (if they have any left). If they are to survive their crime then they have to play on to get sponsorship dollars from whatever sponsors stick with them as without the dollars they will soon fail and quickly.

Jethro link said:
The only bad thing that I can see is injuries to players that have to play them.

It's too late to kick them out this season as it would have been best to have found all of this cheating before a ball had been kicked this season.  The NRL could have then re-introduced a bye and give everybody 2 points. 
  Not really.  The TV contract requires 8 games.

Volley link said:
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=183119.msg260363#msg260363 date=1271991393]
[quote author=Duff link=topic=183119.msg260357#msg260357 date=1271990339]

Pretty simple really.

[/quote]

So Manly get 2 points for beating the cheats, and the teams who lost to them also get 2 points?

That's fcuking stupid.
[/quote]

That's life. There is no other way to do it. We beat them fair and square but looking back at the game it wasn't one of their better performances and you need to wonder whether they had an inkling that the whole season was about to go to $hit and played accordingly. OK so we beat them, I don't give a fark whether teams who have already played them and lost get 2 points as well. Who are we talking about ? Cronulla, Knights, Panthers and Dragons. Wow !!!, apart from the Dragons we shouldn't be worried about battling any of those other 3 sides for a top 4 spot. I'm sure that the bit of confidence boost our boys got out of their performance on Monday was worth us turning up for the game. At least they know that we can compete with the best on our day. Just pi$$ the Storm off for the rest of the year, anything less than that is just asking for arguments and allegations further down the track.

They would have to award points to all the teams that have played Melbourne and lost if there were kicked out. It would also penalise fans who can still at least go and watch their team play, even though they can't win the comp. They can still get revenue from home games, market their brand and at least keep busy playing and training.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7