It was not all forwards

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The thing that seemed to be lacking was communication, usually Snake, Fozzie and a forward leader are screaming at them to get in the right spot, this was sadly lacking in Friday night.
Mark, I was at the game behind the posts & Snake definitely was directing traffic. Trouble was our forwards were getting smashed & no one could help our outside men.

The thing that seemed to be lacking was communication, usually Snake, Fozzie and a forward leader are screaming at them to get in the right spot, this was sadly lacking in Friday night.
Mark, I was at the game behind the posts & Snake definitely was directing traffic. Trouble was our forwards were getting smashed & no one could help our outside men.
Spot on Mals

Was also at the game - I can almost guarantee we won;t come up against a team as fired up as Parra were until the back end of 2015. They'd been popping angry pills fr sure. Bearing in mind that Lawrence was short of a run, no Starling and suddenly a second rower defending in the centres, things were always going to be tough. Positives: Burgess stood up to the Parra forwards quite well; Hiku was good in attack, despite the afore-mentioned positioning problems in defence, Mason went forward alright and at least drew in three defenders each time he ran the ball. Got to say it though, JSL was out-muscled all day. He lacks impact when he runs. For a big guy he should be breaking or bending the line, but he never gets further than the first defender. Ditto for Hasson. Would like to see Chee Kam take up one of the bench spots next week. Maybe Trbojevic the other.

Was also at the game - I can almost guarantee we won;t come up against a team as fired up as Parra were until the back end of 2015. They'd been popping angry pills fr sure. Bearing in mind that Lawrence was short of a run, no Starling and suddenly a second rower defending in the centres, things were always going to be tough. Positives: Burgess stood up to the Parra forwards quite well; Hiku was good in attack, despite the afore-mentioned positioning problems in defence, Mason went forward alright and at least drew in three defenders each time he ran the ball. Got to say it though, JSL was out-muscled all day. He lacks impact when he runs. For a big guy he should be breaking or bending the line, but he never gets further than the first defender. Ditto for Hasson. Would like to see Chee Kam take up one of the bench spots next week. Maybe Trbojevic the other.
I agree with you on the little impact that both JSL and Hasson had and believe that Turbo as young as he is would add to our pack but Chee Kam is definitely not the answer to our problems from what i have seen

We have the weakest pack in the comp imo our pack this year resembles cream puffs. The truth is our pack is made up of cast off's who couldn't get a gig anywhere else. When you have 2 sign Mason and Mateo you are in trouble. Mason way past his prime and Mateo has never lived up 2 his hype. The recruitment team this off season need a kick up the ass. Mateo, Mason, Vave, Uti Baker and Tetevano (now gone) 1 guy who used 2 have any quality (Mason) and the rest are basically rubbish players. The pack we have this year is as bad as the Northern Eagles day's. Everybody will say it's just 1 game but we are going no where with these guy's.

We have the weakest pack in the comp imo our pack this year resembles cream puffs. The truth is our pack is made up of cast off's who couldn't get a gig anywhere else. When you have 2 sign Mason and Mateo you are in trouble. Mason way past his prime and Mateo has never lived up 2 his hype. The recruitment team this off season need a kick up the ass. Mateo, Mason, Vave, Uti Baker and Tetevano (now gone) 1 guy who used 2 have any quality (Mason) and the rest are basically rubbish players. The pack we have this year is as bad as the Northern Eagles day's. Everybody will say it's just 1 game but we are going no where with these guy's.
It's the pack you get when you save big dollars for your halves. Would love to know if nitely-strawberry and Kevin were properly sat down last year and briefed on the commitment the club were making to their future salaries. Any hint they may not commit to staying would have been helpful to our recruitment back then.

But essentially the same pack of forwards took us to number one spot until the last week of 2014...minus Watmough. Poor old Glen Stewart's season was a write-off. With two tackling machines in Ballin and Buhrer, we'll double our ability to hold onto the middle of the ground I think. Sad to hear the you don't rate Chee-Kam, Bozo - I haven't seen enough to form an opinion, just highlights really. Was hoping he'd start to make waves pretty soon...

Balin, Buhrer, Lawrence, Symonds and Horo are all - or have shown in the past - that they are good first grade players. But we certainly lack grunt, which is where Mason and Burgess are needed. Starling and Leary are workhorses. It's certainly not a power-laden pack, and hopefully Feliti Potato can show something.

Still don;t know why we shifted George Rose on...OK so he only gave 20 mins a game, but he bent the line back EVERY time he ran the ball. So what do we do? Fire him, and start playing Hasson off the bench for ten minutes per game. Can only assume he was REALLY lazy behind the scenes.

Balin, Buhrer, Lawrence, Symonds and Horo are all - or have shown in the past - that they are good first grade players. But we certainly lack grunt, which is where Mason and Burgess are needed. Starling and Leary are workhorses. It's certainly not a power-laden pack, and hopefully Feliti Potato can show something.

Ballin and Buhrer yes Symonds basically shown the door by the roosters (nice guy couldn't crush a grape) Lawrence and Horo 1 good season each if you ask me the first year they arrived.

Look they a few problems,
* mason nothing past 40 to 45 min game, still good but he tired.
* lawerence seems off pace, and get belted alot compared to 13.
* jsl is simply in a pickle too small for up front and not mobile enough for 2nd row does nothing.
* i won't mark symonds as he was out wide but his problem again is not getting involved enough. He has the ability showed in 13 at times.
* out wide i would simply pick wolfy on experience blair is out of his depth.
* we need to pick big boppers, vave is a big body pick him to bend the line, how much longer can jake t be talked up pick the kid give him a chance.
* luke burgess starts bends line good workrate a no brainer.
* horo over leary, yes a toiler but nothing gained by leary imo.

Yep. Nothing wrong with our players. That team is just flat. Too much off field distraction thanks too some halves. If things turn around and some positives start happening. It will be a completely different side.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4