It's official I HATE the Bye week

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Whilst I am sure the players will be welcoming the Bye week I for one hate the bloody thing....there is little interest for me this week in anything else that's on (football wise)....so,

Friday night...Pizza's, a few beers and maybe a DVD
Saturday night.....off to see the latest Pirates movie (is it 4 now) this in 3D so should be great
Sunday off to the Greek Festival we have up here for some Zorba (the Greek) dancing and maybe a few more beers

And then start setting myself up for Wednesday night and Friday night!!

It is that BUT it's just not the same build up, anticipation, going to the game (or for me mostly watching on TV) my average weekend is built around when the football is on!!

Yeah I know a tragic...can't help it!!

This year I like it. My kid now has full permission to be born on time this weekend without interrupting the footy. Though her due date is now Wednesday....State of Origin night.....my god the timing is a nightmare

Be careful what you say Dan, when my mrs was pregnant I kept saying to the baby I don't care when you're born just don't come at 2 o'clock in the morning. Her official time of birth is 1:57am.

The good thing about the bye this year is,that it comes at a good time,and we are travelling OK,where in previous years we were pushing to beat the bye,and were getting start.We NEEDED it to try and get us near/stay in,the eight.This year it sets us up brilliantly for our game against the donkeys.

• 👍
Reactions: R3
Central Coast Eagle said:
Be careful what you say Dan, when my mrs was pregnant I kept saying to the baby I don't care when you're born just don't come at 2 o'clock in the morning. Her official time of birth is 1:57am.

Thats better than the 1013 am we had - ie in labour all night and well into the next day.

Good luck to you and your wife Dan, a momentous event about to unfold. Nothing more uplifting than a new life born into a loving family, (which you obviously are even only knowing you throught the site so far!)
And Codewana ... yes :)

codewana said:
How good is it being a guy though. The worst part of an all night labour would be the lack of sleep ;)

Putting up with a pregnant wife for 9 months is not very easy. If I can put up with this I can put up with anything.

We have puppies too. Anyone after a king Charles cavalier?

She is used to me saying things like that. It's just part of my rougish charm

Elvis said there are two things you have to do in life. The first is getting a good nights sleep, and the second is having something to look forward to.

Mark, you can look forward to a pasting on Wednesday night!

But you can go beyond that to a Manly victory on Friday night.

this bye weekend isn't as bad since we just played Monday.. then Origin is on Wednesday then we play Friday night. but i still hate it. no manly games sucks. -breaks out 08 highlights DVD-

I don't know why everyone is still so dismissive of the Bye. Sure, they have an awful record against us (Have never won at Brookvale as I understand it) but things are definately looking up for them.

A few good buys & a new coaching philosphy did wonders for them last year & it showed as they swept the Storm. Massive result for them IMO. They've started poorly but they may come home strong, who knows?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6