Its only ever Manly they want gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
Why is it that ALL other teams have got what they need. This really p1sses me off....We wont travel bullsh1t is trotted out again.....Well how the f@rk do we go somewhere that u cant get to......Oh and the Roosters get 20 thousand to all their home games at the SFS.....Pigs arse they do

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/sun-setting-on-suburban-stadiums-20121208-2b27q.html

"At a finals fixture shifted to Moore Park against North Queensland last year, the crowd was only 13,972"

Nothing said about how it was an interstate team and how many of those 13,972 were Cowboy fans...........

Interstate team or not. Fact is only 13000+ Danes bothered to show up. This was a semi final. The NRL don't need to do us any favours. It is up to the fans to get to games. I went to that semi final game. I travel from western Sydney. Get to about 4 Brooky games a year. If we have a full house every game, then the government will be forced to fix up the ground for safety issues. We gotta stop whinging about Brooky and get out there while we still have it and before it is taken away from us.

Normie said:
"At a finals fixture shifted to Moore Park against North Queensland last year, the crowd was only 13,972"

Nothing said about how it was an interstate team and how many of those 13,972 were Cowboy fans...........

In fairness, that's irrelevant. We should be able to get 20 - 25k of our own fans to a semi as a starting point, regardless of what the other team does. We would have got 20k at Brookie but i still don't think anyone would've been turned away.

In that article, i think it's Humphreys, contradicts himself. He says fans love the rustic experiance of Leichhardt and then in the very next breath says they don't and they expect more "comfort".
Why they don't just come out and say that they know the fans prefer Brookie and Leichhardt but it's the corporate dollar that suffers in those grounds is beyond me. We know and understand that the clubs need to make money but trying to use fan "comfort" as an excuse is insulting. There are a few here who've been brainwashed into thinking they prefer watching at stadia but most of us are capable of formulating our own opinions based on personal experience.
I wont travel to Gosford for the footy. The distance is irrelevant, I've driven further for a pie, it's the ground that is the problem. It's a sardine tin. If that is what they consider fan comfort, i don't know what planet they're on. I'm not exactly a massive hunk of all that is man but even i can't sit in those seats without my shoulders touching the people on either side of me. Same thing at every other stadium. There's no personal space.

eagleE said:
Interstate team or not. Fact is only 13000+ Danes bothered to show up.

Which is bloody amazing that they all managed to get flights on a weeks notice. Tourism Australia would be stoked with those numbers

voicefromthehill said:
eagleE said:
Interstate team or not. Fact is only 13000+ Danes bothered to show up.

Which is bloody amazing that they all managed to get flights on a weeks notice. Tourism Australia would be stoked with those numbers
Bloody auto correct. They love their League in Denmark. Next years world champions. If only they were in the World Cup.

Yeah but what day and time was that semi on???? Gave people like me plenty of time to get from Canberra to Sydney to the game after finishing work.......

Frogz said:
Why is it that ALL other teams have got what they need. This really p1sses me off....We wont travel bullsh1t is trotted out again.....Well how the f@rk do we go somewhere that u cant get to......Oh and the Roosters get 20 thousand to all their home games at the SFS.....Pigs arse they do

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/sun-setting-on-suburban-stadiums-20121208-2b27q.html

The facts are these are our crowd figures from semi-final/Grand Final matches of recent years...

Manly v NZ Warriors SFS 32,095
Manly v Melbourne ANZ Stadium 80,388

Manly v Cowboys SFS 13,972
Manly v Brisbane Broncos SFS 31,894
Manly v NZ Warriors ANZ Stadium 81,988

Not too bad considering they were all out of town teams. This won't be reported of course. Wouldn't want the facts to get in the way of a good story.

Sadly they will keep dragging out those figures from the Cowgirls game, the post above by DY Eagle puts that in perspective.

The NRL made a massive blunder in forcing that game to the SFS, common sense should have prevailed.....oh sorry, NRL=Common sense.....my bad!!

In the words of Lou Costello - HEYY ABBOTTTTT!

You are the local member for the area for God's sake (and I invoke God's name as I know you are a religious man).

You promised $29 million for a revamp of Brookvale in 2007. Was that a core promise Tony or a non-core promise?

Normie said:

I seem to recall a big BIG factor in the low numbers is it was a Friday Night semi? That must have wiped many thousand off the attendance becuase of the real problems getting to the SFS after work, peak hour Friday.

But, I was there.

Frogz said:

Agree. Lets look at some REAL facts and numbers for 2012:-

Roosters average home ground attendance: 12,482 (15th)
Eagles average home ground attendance: 14,593 (6th)
Roosters average finals campaign attendance: 0 (16th)
Eagles average finals campaign attendance: 26,214 (5th)
Eagles AWAY average attendance: 19,669 (2nd)
Roosters AWAY average attendance: 16,519 (7th)

Of the 23 grounds played at this past season, only 12 had utilised 10 or more matches, one of which being Brookvale. Unfortunately, we were 8th in this area.

Manly figured in two out of the top 10 attended games this season.

I'm sorry, but whatever dip**** suggests fans, and opposition fans don't like watching / travelling to see us, they are clearaly wrong in MY opinion.

The Roosters are horrid on all fronts, and should get no favours.

Lastly, Stadium Australia homed 23 games this past season. Of that, the following games were played:
Grand Final: 82,976
Major Semi: 70,354
Hindy's last game: 45,863
Final: 36,420
Final: 35,874
Final: 35,178

Now, Stadium Australia's average crowd size was 22,231. What then, would that number be if these crowd sized above were taken out (neing that they are not normal occurances?).

Reference: http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=roosters%20home%20ground%20attendance&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&ved=0CFkQFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fstats.rleague.com%2Frl%2Fcrowds%2Fsummary.html&ei=4KfGUOa5MafBiQezsIDIAw&usg=AFQjCNE9NAoTEFoSI6G-EKTQ1O49GAuJsw

^ You should send this to the 'media at large'.

But then I guess they'll all ignore it.

I'm worried about the roosters attendances. Maybe they'd get more if they moved away from their suburban ground to one of the stadia? Oh wait...

Eagles Terrorist said:
Normie said:

I seem to recall a big BIG factor in the low numbers is it was a Friday Night semi? That must have wiped many thousand off the attendance becuase of the real problems getting to the SFS after work, peak hour Friday.

But, I was there.

I thought it was the complete opposite that year, didn't the game start really late meaning it was way too late for kids/families to attend.

MissKate said:
Eagles Terrorist said:
Normie said:

But, I was there.

I thought it was the complete opposite that year, didn't the game start really late meaning it was way too late for kids/families to attend.

it was an 8:30 kick off, sat night. which made it a late night for local manly fans let alone anyone who had to travel to the game

Ryan said:
Lastly, Stadium Australia homed 23 games this past season. Of that, the following games were played:

Now, Stadium Australia's average crowd size was 22,231. What then, would that number be if these crowd sized above were taken out (neing that they are not normal occurances?).

Reference: http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=roosters%20home%20ground%20attendance&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&ved=0CFkQFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fstats.rleague.com%2Frl%2Fcrowds%2Fsummary.html&ei=4KfGUOa5MafBiQezsIDIAw&usg=AFQjCNE9NAoTEFoSI6G-EKTQ1O49GAuJsw

the answer to that, if my math is correct, is 12038.

mmmdl said:
Ryan said:

Comedy gold ;0)

castle eagle said:
MissKate said:
Eagles Terrorist said:
Normie said:

But, I was there.

it was an 8:30 kick off, sat night. which made it a late night for local manly fans let alone anyone who had to travel to the game

And the NRL quietly changed it after that debacle and the Sat night game had a 7:30 kickoff this year.

I sent a lot of useful facts and figures to those that wanted to flog the 'Manly crowd' dead horse this year, in particular the crowd numbers of previous finals at the SFS.

But I got no feedback from any of them as they obviously wanted to focus on a bad result and ignore any counters to it.

DYEagle said:
Frogz said:

The facts are these are our crowd figures from semi-final/Grand Final matches of recent years...

Manly v NZ Warriors SFS 32,095
Manly v Melbourne ANZ Stadium 80,388

Manly v Cowboys SFS 13,972
Manly v Brisbane Broncos SFS 31,894
Manly v NZ Warriors ANZ Stadium 81,988

Not too bad considering they were all out of town teams. This won't be reported of course. Wouldn't want the facts to get in the way of a good story.

On top of this, the game against the Cowboys was at 830pm, and there was no public transport out there from the Northern Beaches. When we played Brisbane 2 weeks later and had 30,000 there, Brisbane had a couple of thousand fans, and we made up the rest.

It's another media beat up. They will still mention these crowds in 20 years time. They also forget to mention the less than 8,000 Roosters fans that consistently turn up to SFS every week.

mmmdl said:
Ryan said:

but that would mean...wait a minute? Manly fans aren't the only ones that don't travel? STOP THE PRESSES!!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6