Its the way they won

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Sure we are all happy to take ANY win to start a climb up the ladder but some great things tonight
The way they started early with shifts when it was talked up as a slug fest in the wet, some great hands creating space & opening up the game with confidence.
Plenty of great defence closing down the ruck & some great reads jamming in out wide, forcing errors & closing them down.
Direct running from the forwards who were even playing a support player awaiting a tip on against lazy defenders, plus looking to unload when the opportunity was there.
Also whenever a break was made including Sao & Forans try there were 4-5 other support players lining up
My personal favourite was the fact we copped some dubious calls where in previous games the bottom lips dropped & let in a flurry of points....the excuses were on offer tonight but the boys aimed up, rode through some ordinary calls & came home with a determined 2 points....
Some shockers included the pass from Tedesco - 2 metres forward for 1 try & apart from that, only Taufuas read on Naquama when he came in on noone could be seen as a bad option.
Thought DCE regathered for another try after momentarily losing it but forcing it clearly.
The other tries were off an intercept when we had 4 on 1 overlap & a lucky richochet when Moses chipped with Brooks in front of him offside (conveniently missed, as was the fact he purposely through the ball foward) which was captured on the only angle they didn't show till AFTER awarding the try!!
I also think Fittler lost some serious coin tonight, his 1 sided commentary was humourous at times.

Some???? :mad::punch::banghead::swear: Horsehead was walking them to our tryline with multiple back to back penalties.

Matai was crusher tackled in the last 5 minues, not even a penalty.@:mad:

Agree that the composure was commendable and Manly just kept scoring more tries after each dodgy Vidiot decision :clap: How good was Mateo 100% goal kicker - who knew :giggle:

Sure we are all happy to take ANY win to start a climb up the ladder but some great things tonight
The way they started early with shifts when it was talked up as a slug fest in the wet, some great hands creating space & opening up the game with confidence.
Plenty of great defence closing down the ruck & some great reads jamming in out wide, forcing errors & closing them down.
Direct running from the forwards who were even playing a support player awaiting a tip on against lazy defenders, plus looking to unload when the opportunity was there.
Also whenever a break was made including Sao & Forans try there were 4-5 other support players lining up
My personal favourite was the fact we copped some dubious calls where in previous games the bottom lips dropped & let in a flurry of points....the excuses were on offer tonight but the boys aimed up, rode through some ordinary calls & came home with a determined 2 points....
Some shockers included the pass from Tedesco - 2 metres forward for 1 try & apart from that, only Taufuas read on Naquama when he came in on noone could be seen as a bad option.
Thought DCE regathered for another try after momentarily losing it but forcing it clearly.
The other tries were off an intercept when we had 4 on 1 overlap & a lucky richochet when Moses chipped with Brooks in front of him offside (conveniently missed, as was the fact he purposely through the ball foward) which was captured on the only angle they didn't show till AFTER awarding the try!!
I also think Fittler lost some serious coin tonight, his 1 sided commentary was humourous at times.
Agree,agree & agree especially filter's one eyed opinions on the game, seriously embarrassing on his behalf. He made have heard we are about to get barrett & lewis & also go shopping through penriths jnr ranks...haha suck sh**.

Our forwards look pretty good tonight. The commentators gave em a bagging at the end of it, but they match if not had the better of the tigers. We played more props. Lui and Mateo both started. Starling, Mason, Sao on the bench. Think we looked better having that extra big man.

Great synopsis! We plYed with purpose. I think the Tigers just committed the cardinal sin of playing us back into form. Everyone one looked energetic except for 2 or 3 small periods of the game. Well done boys-keep the faith!

In the opening 10-15mins I was saying to my son 'this is the best I've seen us play all year'. Early shifts, every set we were making 60-70m and forwards bending the line.

Then the Tigers were getting the ball and struggling to make 30m as the boys just launched at them defensively.

The most pleasing thing for me was to be down 10-6 and come back over the top. In recent games if that had've happened (or has happened) I could see us dropping our goodies and suddenly the Tigers pile on 18 points in quick time and the game is over. Nope not tonight. This was back to prior years where we don't let momentum cost us a heap of points.

Even at the end of the game a couple of decisions could have cost us, but the boys kept turning up.

That one pass from foran out the back to dce on the right hand side of middle. That was
cliffyesque.

Hope Foz keeps it going. It's been a disruptive season but now that it's all settled, hopefully we'll make a run.

Still very upset we're letting Foz go.
Go Manly.

Last edited:
Our attack was pretty good tonight, but if anyone thinks our defence was good is deluded.

Our on line defence was good, however every set of 6 West made 70-80 metres easy. That is why Broncos scored 44 points against us. Our middle defence is just pathetic outside of Jake T

BTW, how come Leary did not play?

In the opening 10-15mins I was saying to my son 'this is the best I've seen us play all year'. Early shifts, every set we were making 60-70m and forwards bending the line.

First 15 mins of Manly vs penrith at Brookie was the best we have played in years.....by far.

My main concern was their forwards: Woods, Kapow, The Sauce and co: that's a formidable lineup. Our forwards bettered them tonight, and even minus Killer our backs were too classy. The game was won by shutting down their forwards tho, that and not letting Horsehead get too far on top either...

Correct, it was a night that for 70 minutes we made the 60-70 mtrs per set and the majority of the second half, the tigers were always coming off their line. I noticed in the last ten minutes, we were down to 30 metres a set off our line which, with the penalties threatened the victory. I am not saying Manly didn't play for 80 minutes, it just highlights that teams do control a game regardless of the score, and last night the tigers only controlled it for the last ten minutes. GO Manly. So if I watch the fox replays today do they count as extra wins??

Correct, it was a night that for 70 minutes we made the 60-70 mtrs per set and the majority of the second half, the tigers were always coming off their line. I noticed in the last ten minutes, we were down to 30 metres a set off our line which, with the penalties threatened the victory. I am not saying Manly didn't play for 80 minutes, it just highlights that teams do control a game regardless of the score, and last night the tigers only controlled it for the last ten minutes. GO Manly. So if I watch the fox replays today do they count as extra wins??
I also felt that a lot of their dominance in the last 10-15mins may have been down to a certain HorseHead Maxwell doing his level best to get them into it..

Horsehead wasn't working alone, shane roosters hayne tried his hardest to give the tigers a leg up too

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6