Its TIme to bring back Big George!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagle007

Reserve Grader
I know heaps of people are putting the boot into him, however we need him while TREX is out. Also if Lyon and Foz are out its time to blood Riccardi.

Thoughts?

I was at the game.. I think Toovey is a good coach but maybe he needs that intensity that Hasler used to bring to the boys. Its still early I know however once we get a full team on ( whenever that will be) I cant see too many teams bothering us yes we were down on troops , however we didnt get beaten we handed them that game, DCE?? got outplayed by Roberts on at least 3 occasions. We better win next week or its gonna be a very long season. if we are 3/6 next week its not too bad.

At his best he would definitely be a handy addition. However, there must be a reason he hasn't featured so far. Perhaps Toovs hasn't seen the reaction from him that he hoped he would when he was dropped to the reggies? I hope he's doing everything he should to warrant a return, because his punch off the bench has been good for us in the past and would be again in the future if he is capable of it.

I have a feeling Toov's still won't pick him next week. Personally I'd love to see him back as u think he revs the other guys up.

Come in Geoff, it's time to end the exile.

Des didnt really rate Georgie and didnt want to keep him on the roster going forward which was at odds with others in the club management.Not hard to work out why a fitness fanatic like Des would grow tired of him.

Had to play him as he thought there were no real better options last year.Obviously Tooves thinks there are better options this year but there isnt much in it.
At least George is scapable of a try scoring play I suppose but you would have to back the coach on this as he sees them day in day out.

George's marker defence is no worse than Lussicks and their ball handling is probably even.

Didn't Des re-sign George last year for another two years? If someone like chuck supposedly knew that des had agreed to terms with the dogs in July last year then one would think that it must have been common knowledge.

If this is the case then the club needs to explain why des was allowed to negotiate any players contracts after this date as it appears that he has re-signed Kite, Joe, Rose and King and left us with an aging prop rotation probably on purpose

tookey said:
George's marker defence is no worse than Lussicks and their ball handling is probably even.

Didn't Des re-sign George last year for another two years? If Steve grigg supposedly knew that des had agreed to terms with the dogs in July last year then one would think that it must have been common knowledge.

If this is the case then the club needs to explain why des was allowed to negotiate any players contracts after this date as it appears that he has re-signed Kite, Joe, Rose and King and left us with an aging prop rotation probably on purpose

His name is Gigg. No one knew he had agreed until the seized haslers laptop.

This thread should make Georgie happy judging by his tweet yesterday.

G is fired uP and has a point to prove he's copping alot of **** from so called fans. If toovey picks him he will kill it.

Cambo said:
tookey said:

Didn't Des re-sign George last year for another two years?

Des should not have been allowed to negotiate any players contracts after this date as it appears that he has re-signed Kite, Joe, Rose and King and left us with an aging prop rotation probably on purpose

Cambo - chuck posted on this site 10/7/2011 that he heard that Hasler had definately signed with the dogs which was a long time before his laptop was seized.

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Des-Merged-Thread?pid=348735#pid348735

In hindsight his info was spot on so at the very least he knew and so did the person who told him. No doubt there would have been others as well.

tookey said:
Cambo said:
tookey said:

Des should not have been allowed to negotiate any players contracts after this date as it appears that he has re-signed Kite, Joe, Rose and King and left us with an aging prop rotation probably on purpose

Cambo - chuck posted on this site 10/7/2011 that he heard that Hasler had definately signed with the dogs which was a long time before his laptop was seized.

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Des-Merged-Thread?pid=348735#pid348735

In hindsight his info was spot on so at the very least he knew and so did the person who told him. No doubt there would have been others as well.
I would say lucky guess.
Because hasler was technically a free agent for this year until June 30.

tookey said:
Cambo said:
tookey said:

Hi all,

I don't post a lot but enjoy reading the various discussions when I get a chance.

I think Chuck is being given a little too much credit here - it looks to me like that post was made 7 October, not 10 July. Check the posts a few above his in that thread discussing DCE's try in the GF etc.

Not trying to stir the pot - I work as a records/information manager so I'm very used to seeing the confusion caused by computers flipping dates backwards!

yokahontas said:
tookey said:
Cambo said:
tookey said:

Hi all,

I don't post a lot but enjoy reading the various discussions when I get a chance.

I think Chuck is being given a little too much credit here - it looks to me like that post was made 7 October, not 10 July. Check the posts a few above his in that thread discussing DCE's try in the GF etc.

Not trying to stir the pot - I work as a records/information manager so I'm very used to seeing the confusion caused by computers flipping dates backwards!
You sir are on the money went back and checked the thread it was posted after we have won the gf. So chuck doesn't have the form
People have made out.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7