Its time to decide

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
Its time Geoff Bellew decided if he wants to be part of MANLY or not.
He is doing a great job for us on the board...............BUT i dont think he should be helping other teams out.
He says he can get thurston off his charge and has a good strike rate of getting players off charges or down graded at the judiciary.

GEOFF stuff the cowboys, its time to help manly out in every way you can.

I couldn't agree more. Doctors do not perform surgery own their own family because the perception is that their love of the patient will affect their judgement.

How Bellew could, in his own mind provide Thurston with the committement that one would expect from their defense counsel is something that I would be questioning if I was part of Cowboys management.

the money for him must be good, so if by chance he gets Thurston off and then Thurston single handily comes up with the play to beat Manly do we hold him responsible

Exactly, leagues and football club are two seperate entities. No conflict of interest in my view.

He is a professional enacting out the law. I don't like it, but I can't knock someone for doing their job. He did represent the Souths player last week as well and all he is seeking is to get a fair hearing within the law.

It is not like he is going to the Cowboys with tips on moves we have been practicing at training, tbh I dont think it will matter if Bellow represents him or anyone else as he will get of.

I will also take greater satisfaction out of beating them with Thurston in the team, if he does not play all the idiots will be out saying we got a free ride to the GF, dont deserve our place etc etc.

Exactly, leagues and football club are two seperate entities. No conflict of interest in my view.

If he gets Thurston off the charge and the Cowboys roll us on Saturday night it would be a reasonable assumption that Thurston will have played a major part in the victory and deny Manly a place in the GF.

The end result of that is that the revenue at the Leagues Club will be signifigantly affected the following weekend. Should Manly make the GF you will not be able to get into the club on the Sunday afternoon let alone after the game and the following day which is a public holiday.

By getting Thurston off, which he will he has potentially cost the Leagues Club many thousands of dollars in revenue.

I still don't think ginger snaps should be a cookie/biscuit and definitely not included in the family assortments pack

We'll beat them with or without Thurston. Bellew should resign from the board of Manly Leagues, conflict of interest.

I will have you know I have never and never will sleep with a ranga!

A lot of \"ifs\" there Pete.

Honest Answer, if it was you in a position that could have influence in this decision and that influence could work against Manly could you in, a professional capacity give your total committment to your client, knowing that if succesfull the team that you support and the organisation that your are director of will be disadvantaged ?

[quote author=Matabele]
A lot of \"ifs\" there Pete.

Honest Answer, if it was you in a position that could have influence in this decision and that influence could work against Manly could you in, a professional capacity give your total committment to your client, knowing that if succesfull the team that you support and the organisation that your are director of will be disadvantaged ?
[/quote]

No. But there's little secret that I have higher standards of loyalty and scruples than most.

There is absolutely no doubt there is a conflict of interest.

Firstly, questions such as whether Thurston's guilt of the charge may be dubious, or that Manly will be tagged as having got to the GF via a soft path or even that it is best for the game for Thurston to play should be put aside.

We are constantly told that the Leagues Club and the Footie Club are businesses and should be run as such.

In this instance we have a person as a Board Member who is closely targeted at the success of the League's Club, and by association the football club. In fact each one's success is so closely linked to the other's that it would be naive to think otherwise.

The additional revenues to both the Laegues Club and Footie Club from Manly making the GF for the first time in 10 years won't be measured in thousands, it will be measured in hundreds of thousands. The cumulative total in additional sponsorship of both organisations, the value perceived by those sponsors, the income to the League's Club by additional people visiting the Club of a genuine premiership threat, that being one that made it to the GF and might win it could seriously head into the millions.

I don't know Geoff but I can certainly see a conflict of interest in his taking money from the Cowboys to defend a player who WILL have a direct impact on our earning potential.

There is absolutely no doubt there is a conflict of interest.

Firstly, questions such as whether Thurston's guilt of the charge may be dubious, or that Manly will be tagged as having got to the GF via a soft path or even that it is best for the game for Thurston to play should be put aside.

We are constantly told that the Leagues Club and the Footie Club are businesses and should be run as such.

In this instance we have a person as a Board Member who is closely targeted at the success of the League's Club, and by association the football club. In fact each one's success is so closely linked to the other's that it would be naive to think otherwise.

The additional revenues to both the Laegues Club and Footie Club from Manly making the GF for the first time in 10 years won't be measured in thousands, it will be measured in hundreds of thousands. The cumulative total in additional sponsorship of both organisations, the value perceived by those sponsors, the income to the League's Club by additional people visiting the Club of a genuine premiership threat, that being one that made it to the GF and might win it could seriously head into the millions.

I don't know Geoff but I can certainly see a conflict of interest in his taking money from the Cowboys to defend a player who WILL have a direct impact on our earning potential.

Perhaps his real agenda is to sabotage the case from the inside. :blaugh:

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7