Ivan Cleary Gone from Penrith

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Remi

Reserve Grader
Panthers part ways with Cleary

Mon 19th October, 05:45PM

1445233636572.jpg

Ivan Cleary at Panthers training in 2014.

Panthers Executive General Manager Phil Gould AM today met with coach Ivan Cleary and informed him the club has terminated the final year of his contract, effective immediately.

"Ivan Cleary has done a tremendous job in his four years at the Panthers," Mr Gould said.

"He has laid the foundation for the future and we are enormously grateful for his contribution to the club.

"We wish Ivan, his wife Rebecca and his family all the very best for the future."

The rumour is he (Ivan) wanted out to return to the Warriors...he obviously likes the look of RTS, Johnson, and Luke in the spine...can't blame him. The Panthers will more than likely promote Garth Brennan.

Wonder if Ivan will be kicking the tenants out at Collaroy and returning to the Northern Beaches homeland? And what will this mean for his son?

I must say I'm not that surprised. They certainly didn't build on the relative success of their 2014 season, this season.

The rumour is he (Ivan) wanted out to return to the Warriors...he obviously likes the look of RTS, Johnson, and Luke in the spine...can't blame him. The Panthers will more than likely promote Garth Brennan.
Anthony Griffin is rumored to be the next coach

I am very surprised by this
At the GF and week 1 of the finals I got to speak to him he seemed very settled at Penrith and was looking forward to coaching this year with them.

I was able to speak to him as he and his wife was sitting in the members stand near where I was.

I know he has had a tough run of injuries with his players but I don't think he should of been sacked.

I just wish TB was not hear can you imagine 2V's and Ivan as a coaching duo would be lethal!!

Last edited:
I am very surprised by this
At the GF and week 1 of the finals I got to speak to him he seemed very settled at Penrith and was looking forward to coaching this year with them.

I know he has had a tough run of injuries with his players but I don't think he should of been sacked.

I just wish TB was not hear can you imagine 2V's and Ivan as a coaching duo would be lethal!!
Can we get rid of Barrett and have Ivan ???

Faark! Who'd be a coach? One average year and there's the door - what happened to the five year plan?
I suppose the term "career coach" is changing to "I'll coach anywhere".
You'd like to think it's like a player getting released, he's most likely got something lined up and that coach hasn't been told yet.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7