Jack Bird?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
"Restless Sharks star Jack Bird has given the strongest hint yet that he sees his long-term future away from the centres, claiming his transition there has been "boring at times", as coach Shane Flanagan juggles an assortment of backline options.

Having adopted a team-first policy to accommodate the off-season arrivals of halves Chad Townsend and James Maloney, Bird is eyeing a swift return to a position with a greater ball-playing focus as he bides his time in the outside backs.

The Dally M Rookie of the Year was a revelation at No.6 for the Sharks last season, playing a pivotal role in Cronulla breezing into the second week of the finals."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...g-at-times-20160413-go56av.html#ixzz45kclDjmy
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Looks like he's getting bored playing as a centre and with Valetine Holmes and Barba in front of for the fullback spot. Also with Townsend and Maloney as halves favored over him.

If Walker doesn't make it at 5/8th we should go after Bird and Walker to centre.

Thoughts?

How about Manly signs Bird
Walker continues to improve at 5/8 finishing 2016 in red hot form
Bird comes to Manly....as a bored centre, but actually learns to curb his spoiled brat attitude & turns into a quality player that plays to potential?

"Restless Sharks star Jack Bird has given the strongest hint yet that he sees his long-term future away from the centres, claiming his transition there has been "boring at times", as coach Shane Flanagan juggles an assortment of backline options.

Having adopted a team-first policy to accommodate the off-season arrivals of halves Chad Townsend and James Maloney, Bird is eyeing a swift return to a position with a greater ball-playing focus as he bides his time in the outside backs.

The Dally M Rookie of the Year was a revelation at No.6 for the Sharks last season, playing a pivotal role in Cronulla breezing into the second week of the finals."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...g-at-times-20160413-go56av.html#ixzz45kclDjmy
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Looks like he's getting bored playing as a centre and with Valetine Holmes and Barba in front of for the fullback spot. Also with Townsend and Maloney as halves favored over him.

If Walker doesn't make it at 5/8th we should go after Bird and Walker to centre.

Thoughts?
No way, Api is far better than Bird. Let's reward in house rather than spend more coin.

Bird is dirty on a few levels. One - he lost the fullback role to the ****bag Barba. Two - that thing in the news a week or two ago about players being dirty at someone who was always bringing their partner into areas restricted to team and staff only was Bird too. I think he just wants out of Cronulla, and to be fair, if you had an awesome year at one spot and the club signed TWO guys to go ahead of you for that position, then you got shafted out of your second option, you'd have the ****s too.

Personally I like the idea of Api at 6 but I'd also be OK with Bird's combo of size and ability there too.

If he had any brains he would know that centre is his spot and would make the most of playing there.

He is too slender to be a great forward, too slow to be a great fullback, and not skilful enough to be an elite half. He is simply a hard running centre with a good fend and the ability to pop a half decent pass. He is so overrated that it's not funny.

A sub-editor's dream:
Bird flies to Eagles
I reckon we'll see variations of this when the journos read this post in our Forum. They could dilute it with: Bird tempted to fly to Eagles...

No it would have to be 'Eagles trying to poach bird' according to the media we have never bought only poached players

No thanks, Bird hasn't wowed me with anything thus far in 1.25 seasons to be hoping we get him. Walker is improving and Api has shown me enough to make me feel comfortable that we have some depth in the halves and no.9 position.

Didn't Bird just re-sign with the Sharks?
Yes mate. He re-signed in January until the end of 2017. Seems a strange decision for him now that he is bored and considering he would have known at the time what position he was going to play this season. From what I understand the Sea Eagles were chasing him. He'd be a good fit at 5/8 for Manly. Walker could then shift back to the centres.

I'd take Cherry or Api over Bird at five eighth. Be careful what you wish for,remember when Notmanly got rid of Orford who was on a pittance and signed Kimmorley for big money , I think Orford was on $50,000, we re-signed him for something stupid.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4