Jake Trbojevic

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
Jake is a special talent, but as I mentioned last year his bravery worries me, he throws himself at everything around the hips and hard.... Most times it's a copy book tackle, but as he gets tired your timeing only needs to be a little out and we will have today's out come...... Today was just desperation to make the tackle for the team... His head in the totally wrong position and he would have known this going in. Jake at only 21 has a long future , just hope he keeps his marbles from being rattled .

I love Jake T. He has an infectious spirit and I applaud him being made captain of our 9s team. You have to reward people with that attitude. I hope he's ok from today, he's all heart.

Commentators were saying Hurrell will spend some weeks on the sidelines for raised knees so its probably not really technique
Judiciary has already said no case to answer...... Escaped with only a caution.

Jake got knocked twice last year against Canberra. The second time was similar to today, he simply had his head in the wrong spot. But the first was the result of a swinging arm from Mitchell Barnett that didn't miss.

The Manly fan in me says that the NRL not citing Hurrell is BS because he did lift his knees which he has a habit of doing. But to be fair Jake did put his head in the wrong place.

Jake got knocked twice last year against Canberra. The second time was similar to today, he simply had his head in the wrong spot. But the first was the result of a swinging arm from Mitchell Barnett that didn't miss.

The Manly fan in me says that the NRL not citing Hurrell is BS because he did lift his knees which he has a habit of doing. But to be fair Jake did put his head in the wrong place.
From that position Jake should by the textbook have hit with his left shoulder rather than right. But it's an overstatement to suggest that error had any influence at all over this particular incident. The height Jake came in was perfect. And the damage was solely caused by the knee being lunged forward and high hitting into his head. AND if he had tackled (correctly) with his left shoulder, there is nothing to suggest Hurrell's left knee wouldn't still have crashed into Jake's head causing the same outcome. The NRL lose all credibility for protecting the head unless they firmly stamp this out.

I share your concerns about his health given the knocks he's had. And the NRL have a health and safety responsibility to protect tacklers going lower than the upper chest.

If a tackler lunged their knee into an attacking player's head like that, they'd be immediately suspended for a lengthy period, no question - and rightly so. The same standard should be applied here.

Last edited:
I still don't know what he was trying to achieve headbutting Hurrels knee with his head like that. He is likely going to be sighted for it now

best defender we have produced since randall,love his heart,technique will be adjusted but he wont change anything else,its just the way he is

best defender we have produced since randall,love his heart,technique will be adjusted but he wont change anything else,its just the way he is
i think Menzies rates a mention here

Whatever happens all I know that boy of ours Jake has a big ticker. We should nickname him lyonheart .

Yeah, when the legend Jamie Lyon retires (hopefully is able to give us another three years), I hope Jake is the next captain.

I think Tapau is exhibiting great leadership qualities too. Especially in the columns Zorba is ghost writing for his Tele mates. But seriously, he does seem to have a good head on those huge shoulders...

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2