James O'Connor

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Not Paul Kent

Reserve Grader
I know this post is iron-stine worthy but any interest in grabbing Jimmy O'Connor to play 5/8 he's one of those types who I think would work from a marketing point of view and has all the silky skills of a polished rugby player.

His own team mates hate him - sounds like that Tennis Player - high maintenance :thumbsdown:

On Thursday Martin said of O’Connor on Triple M Brisbane’s Marto & Ed Kavalee for Breakfast: “He’s an immature twat, the Justin Bieber of Australian rugby.

“This could be the greatest waste of Australian Rugby talent, he’s played 44 test for Australia at the age of 25, hasn’t played in the last few years because of his bad attitude, a guy that just hasn’t matured.

Last edited:
James has plenty of talent but he's a "fun boy" & doesn't strike me as a team player. Regardless he's heading back to Toulon France.

James has plenty of talent but he's a "fun boy" & doesn't strike me as a team player. Regardless he's heading back to Toulon France.
I think now he is starting to mature, he has got away from the other 2 troubled amigos. We don't know what his person reasons are to ask for a release from the Reds, but there might have been a problem, no one knows. You can't believe everything that loud mouth Greg Martin says, but I am a big fan of James, has so much talent, 12 and 15 are his best positions and I just hope now he can put all his energies into his footy as he has not reached his potential yet and still only 25, he is the youngest ever super rugby player at just 17. 44 tests to his name.
But no way would he come to the NRL, ( even though he played it at a younger age) when he is making a bucket load of $$$$ playing rugby and continues to travel the world. I would love to see him play back here sooner than later

I think now he is starting to mature, he has got away from the other 2 troubled amigos. We don't know what his person reasons are to ask for a release from the Reds, but there might have been a problem, no one knows. You can't believe everything that loud mouth Greg Martin says, but I am a big fan of James, has so much talent, 12 and 15 are his best positions and I just hope now he can put all his energies into his footy as he has not reached his potential yet and still only 25, he is the youngest ever super rugby player at just 17. 44 tests to his name.
But no way would he come to the NRL, ( even though he played it at a younger age) when he is making a bucket load of $$$$ playing rugby and continues to travel the world. I would love to see him play back here sooner than later

Who are the two troubled amigos?

And saved Australian rugby while he was at it. Without him, McKenzie would still be tapping that bird and coaching the Wallabies at the same time.

And saved Australian rugby while he was at it. Without him, McKenzie would still be tapping that bird and coaching the Wallabies at the same time.
Beal came from Mount Druitt and was offered a scholarship at Joeys, you don't have to have brains to get a scholarship for music........ Oh sorry rugby

kid can play but looks like her would be a better fullback or centre than 5/8

Inthe intrest of balane Greg Marin is a hack and eventhough O'Connor's said he has some personell issues marto is giving him an unfair amount of attacks. Guess what marto JOC has played more tests than you and is still playing footy.

I've only seen him play a handful of times because I'm not really into rugby. However I have seen him take on massive all blacks and somehow get through and score. He looks like a school kid yet still pulls it off.

If his heart is in it I would say yes manly 5/8.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4