Jamie Buhrer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

dowdz

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Good article in Big League on him. Contract is up this season but he says "Manly is where i want to be".

yeah the article the other week said that he grew up in the western suburbs but was a Manly fan all his life and only ever wanted to play for us.

That is awesome, this kid has the potential in every way to become our next Beaver. He is passionate about the club, seems like a very decent human being, wears head gear and has a similar running style. If he were a bit taller he could be a doppleganger for Beaver.

Maybe we should change his nickname from "Ferris" to "Beaver Jr"

tookey said:
dowdz said:
Good article in Big League on him. Contract is up this season but he says "Manly is where i want to be".

Exactly what dogkinson said as well.

No Hodkinson he would like to stay at Manly but he was considering all offers and just had to wait and see.

Difference is Bhurer always had a dream of playing for Manly and he is now a weekly regular, why would he ever want to give that up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ5TajZYW6Y

I don't want to build him up too much but, when the Beaver started in the top grade I knew straight away he was going to be big, I'm getting the same feeling about Ferris Buhrer

When he started in the top grade he rode the bench for 2 games...

Yes he's a good prospect and I hope as much as anyone he stays, but lets not get too carried away

I'm enjoying watching the young fella mature as a footballer but he's a long way from Beaver more like Alan Tongue than Beaver at this stage.

PS: Jatz sometimes your humour is the perfect tonic to an otherwise droll day.

Daniel said:
tookey said:
dowdz said:

No Hodkinson he would like to stay at Manly but he was considering all offers and just had to wait and see.

Difference is Bhurer always had a dream of playing for Manly and he is now a weekly regular, why would he ever want to give that up?

Well actually the real difference is the dogs paid Hodkinson at least 80k more a year than what we were prepared to. I think people are delusional if they think loyalty is going to make anyone take that much of a pay cut these days. If another club comes in and comes close to doubling what we are prepared to pay Buhrer than he'll be out in a heartbeat and you can't blame him for that.

We'll keep who we want to keep and let go of the ones who wont measure up. JWH perfect example. He's now being shown up as just not quite as good as everyone was believing. He's all show and big hits for a few sets and then disappears for the rest of the game. Give me Buhrer any day. The other is Hodkinson. He showed last year that he is an average first grader but lacks the flair to be a top quality premiership winning halfback. He doesn't take control of a game, making plays happen when needed, he's not quick off the mark or skillful at putting players into holes and when he takes the line on he just gets thumped. DCE has already shown he has the portential to do all those things plus a great kicking game. He reminds me of Alf the way he plays but probably not as strong or elusive as Alf was but a much better kicking game.

tookey said:
dowdz said:

Dogkinson is different,he even played like a useless twat after he signed with the doggies,i was out at Doggies leagues the other day for a family event and chatted with a random who swore at me in my manly jersey,telling me to take my **** halfback back to manly with me,i told him he can keep his glorified tackling machine

mickqld said:
We'll keep who we want to keep and let go of the ones who wont measure up. JWH perfect example. He's now being shown up as just not quite as good as everyone was believing. He's all show and big hits for a few sets and then disappears for the rest of the game. Give me Buhrer any day. The other is Hodkinson. He showed last year that he is an average first grader but lacks the flair to be a top quality premiership winning halfback. He doesn't take control of a game, making plays happen when needed, he's not quick off the mark or skillful at putting players into holes and when he takes the line on he just gets thumped. DCE has already shown he has the portential to do all those things plus a great kicking game. He reminds me of Alf the way he plays but probably not as strong or elusive as Alf was but a much better kicking game.

We didn't want to let JWH go, we wanted to keep him. As much as it might look like a good bit of business now he still has plenty of potential and is what 21 years of age?

Same goes for Hodkinson. He'd still be our halfback now if the Dogs didn't lose Kimmorley.

Its reasonable to say we might be infront at this stage, especially with DCE but lets not kid ourselves into believing that we didn't want to keep these guys and let them go to other clubs.

I don't think the play at Hodko was as big as it would've been if we didn't have DCE waiting to take his place.
I think if we could've kept him cheap, we would've but with DCE & even Riccardi coming through the ranks, why pay overs? To me that was the attitude. Not "sacking" him but not doing too much to keep him either.

Not sure with JWH, it seemed like he wanted to stay.

Quite a rise for Buhrer on this forum, gone from **** to the next Menzies in 5 games, imagine what he could be after a full season !! lol

this weeks big league has an article on him & the last paragragh is what pleases me

his contract is up at the end of the year and negotiations are still in the process, but Manly fans would be pleased to know that for Buhrer "Manly is where I want to be" - and for the long run. based on current form another offer from his childhood favorites seems as though it would be a formality

He is nice bloke as well. I was at the leagues club having a beer after a game a couple of years back. He came to get a chair from our table, he had a bit of chat and was very polite. Hopefully he keeps improving on the field.

Love Buhrer's footwork and he should be a long-term new Beaver.
AFAIK JWH was definitely wanted and it was the $s that saw him leave.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Quite a rise for Buhrer on this forum, gone from s**t to the next Menzies in 5 games, imagine what he could be after a full season !! lol

I don't want to give myself a wrap but no one else will. :)

I queried several posters who didn't have him in our 17 at the start of the year and had penned in Daniel Harrison for first grade over him. I pointed out that I thought Buhrer had a much better all round game and I thought Buhrers 20s career more than matched Harrisons. (Check the posts!)

Now being realistic he is no where near Beaver, but one trait he does have other than the headgear is he knows who to follow and he's smart enough to hit the right holes. Keep it up!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6